MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Coupe (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe-239/)
-   -   Do a lot of people mod leased G's (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/214615-do-a-lot-of-people-mod-leased-gs.html)

gcode 11-16-2010 01:57 PM

Do a lot of people mod leased G's

I'm asking because now I own my g35 and one day I will probably upgrade to a 37. I have never leased a car but in some ways it can make sense ( just replaced engine & trans in my G35 right outside of warranty).

The main reason I would not lease is because I want to mod not heavy but drop rims exhaust etc. Does the dealer check for these things or do they just take the car back and make sure it works.

s2ktoEvo 11-16-2010 02:05 PM

Return it to stock before bringing back.

Mikenicco 11-16-2010 02:23 PM

I leased my G and have Magnaflow catback, JWT intake, tinted windows and light. Just do simple bolt-ons and you should be ok. Like Evo said just bring it back to stock when you turn it in.

silverg37 11-16-2010 02:25 PM

Iam leasing my car too i got a exhuast, drop tints, lol

Staples 11-16-2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by gcode (Post 3003705)
I'm asking because now I own my g35 and one day I will probably upgrade to a 37. I have never leased a car but in some ways it can make sense ( just replaced engine & trans in my G35 right outside of warranty).

The main reason I would not lease is because I want to mod not heavy but drop rims exhaust etc. Does the dealer check for these things or do they just take the car back and make sure it works.

Originally Posted by s2ktoEvo (Post 3003729)
Return it to stock before bringing back.

A lot of people with leased cars do minor mods if the lease is going to be for a while. Exhaust, intake, wheels, possibly springs if you're going to reinstall stocks when giving the car back.

If you turn the car in with all the aftermarket parts, they'll charge you an arm and a leg to have the dealership purchase replacement OEM parts to install back onto the car to sell it.

WPPJR30 11-16-2010 02:48 PM

More people than you might think modify their leased vehicles. It's really not as big of an inconvenience as some people make it out to be. As long as you keep your stock parts and do not do anything too crazy, you'll be fine...

Any aftermarket parts you purchase will likely sell fairly easily in the classified sections of the forums.

I say go for it! :biggthumpup:

ThatsGman 11-16-2010 03:07 PM

hell yeah lol

Lime37 11-16-2010 04:16 PM

i have tints and intake right now and i plan on springs and full exhaust. the dealer said its not a problem as long as it dose not damage the car and ur able to return it the way they gave it to you. i say go for the lease

Staples 11-16-2010 04:20 PM

Bah I hate when people call it "tints"

TriniSpeC 11-16-2010 05:36 PM

Certain people opt into buying the car out at the end of the lease, but people who don't just part out the mods they have current and replace with stock.

VossenG37S 11-16-2010 05:39 PM

My car i's a lease ! Have for 2 more years but i plan on keeping it ! I can't part w it now after everything we've been through , i love my car! But yeah as Long as parts are reversible and you keep stock stuff then yes i say mod that bitch.

Chekov 11-16-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Staples (Post 3003802)
Bah I hate when people call it "tints"

I wouldn’t be upset by that. (sigh) In my case I have a whole litany of pet peeves, including:

• Using the word “sucks” (Its origination comes from the term “c0ck sucker”)
• Using the word “sick” as something meaning quite the opposite
• Posts in texting format instead of proper English (i c u prolly b4 2nite)
• Spelling the word “definitely” with an a
• Incorrect use of brake/break, your/you’re, advise/advice, hanged/hung, warranty/warrantee, etc.
• Using “you know” in nearly every spoken sentence
• Other English gibberish such as “I’m like or “I go” instead of “I said”

But I’m an old man who remembers back when we expressed ourselves a bit differently. :icon22:

G37xBetchx 11-16-2010 05:44 PM

I just got a g37 a few months ago. The dealer actually paid for whatever tint i wanted, i got 5%. Im in the process of more modifications. As long as it goes back to how it looked before with stock parts, shouldnt be a problem

kanariya 11-16-2010 06:00 PM

leased my G and all stock no mods

STOOF 11-16-2010 06:03 PM

Mines leased :thewave: