G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Fastest G37S coupe N/A trap speed? 1/4 mi

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:47 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
I know the car was older than mine was an 08.
yes he had his cylinder heads ported and polished.
also I mention this because he also ran a srt8 challanger.
he (guy in srt8)was about 2 car lenghts behind till about 100 he just walked the audi bad.
not rs4's are not fast, it's just I know that stock they are not the fastest car.
try running a 2010 sti.
it does 0-60 in 3.5 sec stock.
so if your sole point of this post is to brag about how fast you are. Go run a bone stock sti you will get raped.

my friend has a modded sti he pulls 10 seconds to hit 120 15 seconds to hit 150.

what is about german cars and the people who own them act like they are better than everyone else.

and your car cost 20k more than a g.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:42 AM
RS4guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
I know the car was older than mine was an 08.
yes he had his cylinder heads ported and polished.
also I mention this because he also ran a srt8 challanger.
he (guy in srt8)was about 2 car lenghts behind till about 100 he just walked the audi bad.
not rs4's are not fast, it's just I know that stock they are not the fastest car.
try running a 2010 sti.
it does 0-60 in 3.5 sec stock.
so if your sole point of this post is to brag about how fast you are. Go run a bone stock sti you will get raped.

my friend has a modded sti he pulls 10 seconds to hit 120 15 seconds to hit 150.

what is about german cars and the people who own them act like they are better than everyone else.

and your car cost 20k more than a g.

Sounds like an S4, not RS. RS4's were only produced from 06-08, with about 2400 hitting our shores. That is my next mod, Im P&P, should really wake up the low end, as you may or may not know most of the HP is generated in the 5-8K rpm range.

I have a 09' STi daily driver actually, and no way does it run those 0-60 times, no way. It is also not faster than my RS, but hey, say what you will. I have my intentions in this post and they surely arn't "bragging rights" or whatever you're trying to say. May I also mention that sitting in a STi is about as comfortable and appealing as the interior of a Chevy Cobalt? One of the reasons why I'm looking to get rid of it... 29K if your interested, then you can run your fabled 3.5 0-60's...

Sure it costs a decent amount more, and if you know a thing or two about german cars, you'd realize that money goes to superior engineering and craftsmanship throughout the car. No hollow plastic pieces in the dash, amazing interior quality, etc etc. Aluminum body paneling, forged factory rims, a 100 BHP per litre engine, etc...

Also, your fragmented, grade school style typing/grammer doesn't help your claims....

My intentions were never to belittle the G, I think Infiniti makes some fine entry level sprots coupes/sedans, and I will probably be moving on from my STi soon for a more comfortable, luxurious ride with an Infiniti G37X sedan or M35X. Also was considering the 08 Acura TL S, but so far have been leaning twoards the Infiniti's for a variety of reasons. But hey whatever right?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 AM
The Jewbag

Lol. STi's running 0-60 in 3.5 seconds stock? Check your facts.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 AM
RS4guy

Originally Posted by The Jewbag
Lol. STi's running 0-60 in 3.5 seconds stock? Check your facts.

Shalom brother!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by RS4guy
Sounds like an S4, not RS. RS4's were only produced from 06-08, with about 2400 hitting our shores. That is my next mod, Im P&P, should really wake up the low end, as you may or may not know most of the HP is generated in the 5-8K rpm range.

I have a 09' STi daily driver actually, and no way does it run those 0-60 times, no way. It is also not faster than my RS, but hey, say what you will. I have my intentions in this post and they surely arn't "bragging rights" or whatever you're trying to say. May I also mention that sitting in a STi is about as comfortable and appealing as the interior of a Chevy Cobalt? One of the reasons why I'm looking to get rid of it... 29K if your interested, then you can run your fabled 3.5 0-60's...

Sure it costs a decent amount more, and if you know a thing or two about german cars, you'd realize that money goes to superior engineering and craftsmanship throughout the car. No hollow plastic pieces in the dash, amazing interior quality, etc etc. Aluminum body paneling, forged factory rims, a 100 BHP per litre engine, etc...

Also, your fragmented, grade school style typing/grammer doesn't help your claims....

My intentions were never to belittle the G, I think Infiniti makes some fine entry level sprots coupes/sedans, and I will probably be moving on from my STi soon for a more comfortable, luxurious ride with an Infiniti G37X sedan or M35X. Also was considering the 08 Acura TL S, but so far have been leaning twoards the Infiniti's for a variety of reasons. But hey whatever right?
The RS4 is a car that tries to do everything, but fails to do anything spectacularly except have class-leading aesthetics.

It's neither competitive for its price in terms of performance or holding value.

If drag racing is your metric for performance, there are far better cars for the money.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:13 AM
RS4guy

Originally Posted by Mike
The RS4 is a car that tries to do everything, but fails to do anything spectacularly except have class-leading aesthetics.

It's neither competitive for its price in terms of performance or holding value.

If drag racing is your metric for performance, there are far better cars for the money.

Agreed! I am the first to say Audi in general (with the exeption of aesthetics, fit and finish, interior) does nothing excellent, and everything well. I do disagree in holding value though. I should be able to sell at a around the same price I bought it for, being so rare and sought after by certain collectors, esp. since it was a very limited run that only happens once every 7-8 years or so. For most Audi's though, this is indeed the case. As per performance, it's direct competitors are the E90 M3 and C63. Both different cars, with the Audi falling in between them IMO. As for drag racing, I have only done 2 runs for my own benefit, it is much more a road course/ Autobahn car.

But anywyas, we are getting off track here.... Back to ET times and so on.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:57 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Back to the G37, I don't think you'll ever see 110 mph without serious internal modifications....
Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Back to the G37, I don't think you'll ever see 110 mph without serious internal modifications....
Internal mods? Nah...any power adder would do the trick. Even a small 50-shot of NOS would do the trick without having to do any internal mods.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:33 AM
majin ssj eric

^^^I meant anything more serious than an intake/exhaust/etc...
Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by RS4guy

The only reason I am even responding is, your obviously think you know it all.

BTW the g's powerband is from 4k to 7500, almost the same as your exotic Audi.

You come on here asking a dumb question, did you ever hear of google.???

Who gives a **** about grammar, or if you like my posting this a car forum not the office.

Sorry you have like 8 posts then ask a dumb question, then you insult you could have easily me you could have searched the forum.

your car is overpriced nothing special & again this is why is it that people who own german cars act like douchebags. My car is better than your becasue it cost more, please. It's an Audi not a Lambo.

your correct its not 3.5 (that is with 30 lbs of boost)stock its 4.5 it is faster than your Audi.

use google 0 to 60 for an sti, it's funny you only mentioned the STI after I said it would whip you so I call b/s.

I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU OWN A STI.

The best part is your selling it because it's not comfortable.

You didn't know that when you bought it, so it took you a year to figure out they are not comfortable.

btw mid 12's are nothing i'd brag about, for the amount of money you spent.

Were taliking about performance 0 to 60 & 1/4 mile, not if the car is a luxury car,never said it was.

100 hp per liter wow, reallly I owned a 1996 gsx awd that was 100 hp per liter stock.

that was 15 years ago, so was that in the AUDI sales brochure.

You think your gonna own it for 7 years and sell it for the same price you paid.

Not unless you stole the car.

Wow you think very highly of your car, Audi is not by far does it hold the highest resale value.

go to the Audi forum with this nonsense.

Last edited by RISKY GUY; 08-05-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 AM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
^^^I meant anything more serious than an intake/exhaust/etc...

Okay...but intake & exhaust mods by themselves don't do much at all to increase performance. Most guys seem to go for exhaust mods more for sound than performance.

All mods generally fall into one of two categories: bolt-on and internal. With enough bolt-on mods, you can make just about any car fast. That's why most guys don't go inside the engine unless they reach a point that their bolt-on mods require it (for added strength, for example) or they need better flow.

Things like cam swaps (but not on our cars obviously), ported heads, dished or crowned pistons (to change compression ratio), stronger rods, etc..are all considered internal mods. I'm not sure if anyone here has internal mods, but I'd guess that maybe a few guys running high boost turbos would need to upgrade the bottom end of the engine for more strength. Other than that, my guess is that most guys here don't have any internal mods.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Mike

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
It's an Audi not a Lambo.
Even the Lambo is just a VW.... like the Audi

If the hp/liter argument is going to come up, don't make me bust out the Hondas. Remember, Honda is an engine company that happens to sell cars.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:41 AM
majin ssj eric

Originally Posted by MSCA
Okay...but intake & exhaust mods by themselves don't do much at all to increase performance. Most guys seem to go for exhaust mods more for sound than performance.

All mods generally fall into one of two categories: bolt-on and internal. With enough bolt-on mods, you can make just about any car fast. That's why most guys don't go inside the engine unless they reach a point that their bolt-on mods require it (for added strength, for example) or they need better flow.

Things like cam swaps (but not on our cars obviously), ported heads, dished or crowned pistons (to change compression ratio), stronger rods, etc..are all considered internal mods. I'm not sure if anyone here has internal mods, but I'd guess that maybe a few guys running high boost turbos would need to upgrade the bottom end of the engine for more strength. Other than that, my guess is that most guys here don't have any internal mods.
Gotcha. My original point was that bolt-ons were not going to get you to trap 110 mph in this car (excluding nitrous which I personally would NEVER use). Not without serious weight reduction.....
Old 08-07-2010, 04:14 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
Even the Lambo is just a VW.... like the Audi

If the hp/liter argument is going to come up, don't make me bust out the Hondas. Remember, Honda is an engine company that happens to sell cars.
jeezus mike....can we get one post where you don't bust out the F20 honey love?...LOL
Old 08-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Mike

Originally Posted by cvt
jeezus mike....can we get one post where you don't bust out the F20 honey love?...LOL
Was thinking more of the HR09E...

Quick Reply: Fastest G37S coupe N/A trap speed? 1/4 mi