Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Tinted tail lights???

Old 10-19-2009, 11:47 PM
aturco86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tinted tail lights???

Has anyone tinted their G37 tail lights? Is there any other alternative to tinting them?
Old 10-19-2009, 11:56 PM
nogoodname
Banned

paint or overlays

tons of pics if u search or look at my album. i used some thick tint a shop near me had.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:12 AM
zesus-G

Originally Posted by aturco86
Has anyone tinted their G37 tail lights? Is there any other alternative to tinting them?

I dont know where you guys are from, or your income level...but the tinted tails is so efffin ghetto, and cops love giving tickets out in NJ for that kind of stuff....You murder out a tahoe, or escalade, or definately a 60's era caddy, not your G for god sake......what else are in your vehicle plans l.e.d windshield wiper squirters and neon license plate frames?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:21 AM
aturco86

Ya!!!!! Do you know where I can get those too, preferably blue since my car is blue??????
Old 10-20-2009, 01:39 AM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your kidding me right? Have you looked around the site at all?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:47 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by zesus-G
I dont know where you guys are from, or your income level...
Do you feel the need to make personal attacks? Just because you hated everything about your lemon G doesn't give you the right to take it out on the forum.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 AM
nogoodname
Banned

my overlays are not ghetto.....lol

no blue overlays, only black ones btw..........
Old 10-20-2009, 08:02 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, there are TONS of people here that have tinted their tail lights w/ overlays as well as painting the actual housing (not recomended IMO). But PLEASE PLEASE use the search button!! You will get flamed all over the place for threads like this, when it is so easy to search.

I dont know where you guys are from, or your income level...but the tinted tails is so efffin ghetto, and cops love giving tickets out in NJ for that kind of stuff....You murder out a tahoe, or escalade, or definately a 60's era caddy, not your G for god sake......what else are in your vehicle plans l.e.d windshield wiper squirters and neon license plate frames?
I'm with Sam on this one...if you don't like overlays/darkened taillights, fine. There are plenty of ways to discuss different options and it's great to get several different ideas floating around about what people like and don't like. BUT there is absolutely no reason to get on and rant just because it's not exactly what you like
Old 10-20-2009, 12:42 PM
zesus-G

I like the Infiniti's....you got it all wrong....I just dont like ghetto-riffic attempts at making the cars look like 95 Accords or something.... You know, tinted taillights are an invitation to a rear end accident and an invitation to a nice little fix-it ticket...what would possess somebody to actually invite that? I got into my G because I got pulled over in my effin Z too much...(had a CF lipp kit, rims, exhaust etc....) and a G driver assumes a higher level of intelligence, and possibly even income....so I believe my comments are justified, and im sure most on here do....
Old 10-20-2009, 12:46 PM
zesus-G

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Do you feel the need to make personal attacks? Just because you hated everything about your lemon G doesn't give you the right to take it out on the forum.
Its def not a personal attack, if anything it was a humorous attack...lighten up a bit here we all know neon squirter leds would never end up on a G! lol

Also I just was making the point about safety....how can people, or our forum, support a mod that actually can cause a rear end accident???? Purely rediculous....You cant pass DMV certs with tints or overlays on anything, so really my friend, what kind of message are we trying to convey on here?? Especially now that our cars have been out for a few years, and other younger kids are now starting to trade up to them....
Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 PM
SOLISIMO

i can see where he is comming from... i mean look at giggas car
Old 10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
zesus-G

And im not mad about my lemonade tasting G! lol....I shared my story with the people of this forum as an informative story of my experience...no hard feelings, just hard experiences....Why are you attacking me? You want to really talk about offending people, I think having an avitar of a Saddam is ofensive to prob most of our middle eastern friends on here too, and your supposedly a staffer here......good choice
Old 10-20-2009, 12:52 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Our stock lights are TOO red. Painted > Tinted. Tinted just doesn't look right up close and are definitely not as nice looking in general. Speaking of, my painted taillights should be completed by the painter today.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:53 PM
zesus-G

Last one, and because I did hate SOME things with my G, it actually does give me the right to take it out on this public forum...Isnt that what this is designed to do? Inform the crowd about all things positive and negative about our cars??
Old 10-20-2009, 01:04 PM
SOLISIMO

And im not mad about my lemonade tasting G! lol....I shared my story with the people of this forum as an informative story of my experience...no hard feelings, just hard experiences....Why are you attacking me? You want to really talk about offending people, I think having an avitar of a Saddam is ofensive to prob most of our middle eastern friends on here too, and your supposedly a staffer here......good choice
he's a habib so its ok, btw I agree with you on the tail lights

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tinted tail lights???