Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

quick questions about keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:33 PM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
quick questions about keyless entry

is it that same if i lock my car with the door handle button in comparison to making the horn honk with the keyfob by pushing the lock button? Do they both arm the vehicles alarm the same?
Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by XMMAN
is it that same if i lock my car with the door handle button in comparison to making the horn honk with the keyfob by pushing the lock button? Do they both arm the vehicles alarm the same?
Yes, they function the exact same way.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:48 PM
amarcusg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So since you are in your car with the key fop , hypothetically someone could just open your door by double pressing the button on the door handle ??
Old 05-23-2009, 11:07 PM
ProblemChild

^ naaaaaaaaaaa
Old 05-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Stems

Originally Posted by amarcusg37
So since you are in your car with the key fop , hypothetically someone could just open your door by double pressing the button on the door handle ??
I highly doubt that. I would think that the doors would stay locked form the outside if you and the key fob are located inside the car. that and you also have the lock/unlock switch inside too.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:25 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The car is intelligent enough to know if your fob is in or out of the car. You can always try it out yourself!
Old 05-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Stems

^ I'm sure if it wasn't there would be a rash of complains of getting car jacked GTA style lol
Old 05-24-2009, 11:20 AM
saltfish

there are sensors on the car that can distinguish if the key fob is either inside the cabin, outside by either the driver or passenger door or inside the trunk and will function according to its relative position.

If the key fob is inside the cabin and you lock the door while inside, it will not allow the doors to be open by pressing the handle request button unless you have another valid key fob for the car.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Michelangelo

I've been told car also knows if the fob is in the trunk, and won't let you close the trunk with the fob in there.

So I tested this out the other day, and it works as advertised, BUT only if the car's doors are locked and windows up. If the windows are down, and/or the car unlocked, and you can get into the car and operate the trunk release, the car will happily let you shut your fob in the trunk. But if the windows are up and door locked, and you try to close the trunk with the fob inside, the car emits a long beep and the trunk pops right back open.

Pretty slick, I think.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:05 PM
DrJones

^^ Happens to me all the time.... try being drunk and waking up inside someone elses trunk...... wheww!! that was a long night!
Old 05-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Retromoe

Not sure if anyone is known of this other feature, Press and hold the unlock button makes the windows go down to half way or all the way down, Just release the unlock button where the windows go down to your desired location.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 PM
pclement

Originally Posted by DrJones
^^ Happens to me all the time.... try being drunk and waking up inside someone elses trunk...... wheww!! that was a long night!
Aha! So you're the guy who keeps popping Samuel19's rear seats!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Since we are on this type of subject, I didn't know until recently that the car retains power to raise the windows and close the sunroof for about 45 seconds after the engine is shut off if you haven't opened any of the doors. Open either door and all bets are off.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:00 PM
XMMAN

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Since we are on this type of subject, I didn't know until recently that the car retains power to raise the windows and close the sunroof for about 45 seconds after the engine is shut off if you haven't opened any of the doors. Open either door and all bets are off.
yes my VW used to do that.. that was one fo the first things i checked!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:55 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Originally Posted by XMMAN
You can toggle the horn indicator by pressing the lock and unlock buttons on the fob for two seconds.

Also, I tend to use the inside door lock so I can lock the car before my passenger closes their door.

Quick Reply: quick questions about keyless entry