G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

You know you own a G37 when...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 01:37 PM
Snowdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you accelerate in a parking garage to hear the exhaust echo.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:20 PM
Aelemar

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
-when you look at your odometer one day and realize your G has given you nothing but faithful service for the last 112 000 miles with no expenses other than oil changes and routine maintenance.

-when you realize that you let your love for her wane and neglected her (faded paint, dents, scratches, little mechanical kinks here and there)

-when you decide to reward her good behavior with a $6000 makeover, and don't mind it one bit (new paint job, new slotted rotors, new brakes, spark plugs, belts, battery, repaired/beautified interior, new parts [even some that didnt need replacing], etc)

-when you take her to the dealership and tell them "i want you to check her from bumper to bumper and replace anything that needs, or might need replacing in the near future" without a single care for what the cost would be. (but knowing it won't be much, considering how AWESOME of a car she is)

-when you finally take her out of the shop, and you feel your love for her renewed. when you get that "WOW, that's my car" feeling all over again.

-when you realize that you are still smoking most other cars on the road, 8 years later.

-when you find yourself checking for dents, scratches, parking her in isolated places, and doing everything everyone mentioned here *all over again*.

-when you grin from ear to ear realizing she still turns a lot of heads, now that she's remade.

-when you tell family and friends you got a brand new G from the dealership, and they believe you.

-when a lot of people constantly ask "is she for sale" and you reply "hell no"
The following 3 users liked this post by Aelemar:
deepblue3 (04-27-2019), Iryniti (03-25-2021), VQpoppa (09-29-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 05:23 PM
Aelemar

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
-when you realize she's one of the best investments you have ever made.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:26 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
When you get compliments on how good it looks even though it is still bone stock exterior and is nearing 4 years old with a new model out already.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:49 AM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
You know you own a G37 when ....everyone on the forum are BMW fan boys because they have never owned a BMW. Which if they did would realize they are inferior in every way then a G37.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:54 AM
Eyeshield25

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
All your G friends show up to your apartment to talk about G stuff
Old 09-29-2016, 11:55 AM
VQpoppa
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
After you park and walk away...you ALWAYS turn around and admire her.

The local oil change guys are always admiring it.
The following users liked this post:
jcbone (03-07-2017)
Old 09-29-2016, 01:06 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
You know you own a G37 when ....everyone on the forum are BMW fan boys because they have never owned a BMW. Which if they did would realize they are inferior in every way then a G37.
lol Sooooooooo untrue I loved my G, but let's be honest with ourselves.
The following users liked this post:
r2dmax (01-11-2018)
Old 09-29-2016, 08:39 PM
G37sGraphite

Originally Posted by Ryne
lol Sooooooooo untrue I loved my G, but let's be honest with ourselves.
Richard Hammond from the greatest car show ever Top Gear RIP:

"You can stick a BMW badge on a dead cat - and people would still buy it."

1. Reliability: G37 for the massive win..if you dont think Japanese makes superior cars from a reliability stand point relative to German than you have not owned your BMW long enough... I had a 2011 BMW M3 and it was always in the shop...

2. Looks: I know this is subjective but we are on a G37 forum and IMOP and probably most on this forum G37 wins hands down. The box like BMW look does not cut it when compared side to side to a proper G37 Coupe!

3. Performance of a 335i is only .4? Seconds faster in the quarter...nothing to brag about.

4. Interior and technology: G37 wins hands down. As I mentioned I owned a BMW M3 2011 and honestly the move to the G37 was an upgrade in technology in every way and the interior was comparable if not better in the G37. BMW interiors are very simple although their leather seats are nice....

Inferior in every way ....IMOP
Old 09-30-2016, 01:01 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Richard Hammond from the greatest car show ever Top Gear RIP:

"You can stick a BMW badge on a dead cat - and people would still buy it."

1. Reliability: G37 for the massive win..if you dont think Japanese makes superior cars from a reliability stand point relative to German than you have not owned your BMW long enough... I had a 2011 BMW M3 and it was always in the shop...

2. Looks: I know this is subjective but we are on a G37 forum and IMOP and probably most on this forum G37 wins hands down. The box like BMW look does not cut it when compared side to side to a proper G37 Coupe!

3. Performance of a 335i is only .4? Seconds faster in the quarter...nothing to brag about.

4. Interior and technology: G37 wins hands down. As I mentioned I owned a BMW M3 2011 and honestly the move to the G37 was an upgrade in technology in every way and the interior was comparable if not better in the G37. BMW interiors are very simple although their leather seats are nice....

Inferior in every way ....IMOP
1. Reliability: I haven't had any issues yet in my limited ownership with the N55 engine. Also, both are/were covered under warranty - so it's negligible.

2. Looks: You're right, looks are subjective. I love the look of the G Coupe, but this face isn't bad to look at either.

3. Performance: I never take my car to the strip so I care more about how the car feels and the torque in the 435i makes it feel quicker and pulls hard. This was an area the G lacked for me.

4. Interior and technology: The tech in my 435i is miles better than my G. Full color heads up display with Nav info, much better resolution Nav screen, much better iPhone integration, much more and an awesome looking interior:

Last edited by Ryne; 09-30-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:36 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
That's a pretty car. Cannot hate on that.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:32 PM
G37sGraphite

1. Reliability: I haven't had any issues yet in my limited ownership with the N55 engine. Also, both are/were covered under warranty - so it's negligible.

2. Looks: You're right, looks are subjective. I love the look of the G Coupe, but this face isn't bad to look at either.

3. Performance: I never take my car to the strip so I care more about how the car feels and the torque in the 435i makes it feel quicker and pulls hard. This was an area the G lacked for me.

4. Interior and technology: The tech in my 435i is miles better than my G. Full color heads up display with Nav info, much better resolution Nav screen, much better iPhone integration, much more and an awesome looking interior:
-As mentioned you have not owned it long enough to state it is as reliable as a G. Warranty is not the point and yes it is a necessity for BMW .....BMW is known for problems and G's simply are not..at least not major problems. Plus the N55 is known for direct injection problems associated with carbon build up...your going to need to get a walnut blasting every so often which is a PITA.
- Its a beautiful car no doubt...but better looking than a G...nah..
- A 435 convertible, is is actually in no way faster than than a G both go quarter in approximatley 13.9 to 14....so nix any performance benefit.
- That interior is in no way better than a G...its nice ( not a fan of red interior ) good luck selling that....

Not trying to get personal....just my opinion as one who owned a BMW M3 and experienced it first hand. My statement was simply against all the BMW fan boys who own this awesome car and think a BMW is so much better. Not you personally, you purchased a beautiful car have fun and love it....but in no way do I think that was an improvement - but if you do then that is all that matters!

Last edited by G37sGraphite; 09-30-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

-As mentioned you have not owned it long enough to state it is as reliable as a G. Warranty is not the point and yes it is a necessity for BMW .....BMW is known for problems and G's simply are not..at least not major problems. Plus the N55 is known for direct injection problems associated with carbon build up...your going to need to get a walnut blasting every so often which is a PITA.
- Its a beautiful car no doubt...but better looking than a G...nah..
- A 435 convertible, is is actually in no way faster than than a G both go quarter in approximatley 13.9 to 14....so nix any performance benefit.
- That interior is in no way better than a G...its nice ( not a fan of red interior ) good luck selling that....

Not trying to get personal....just my opinion as one who owned a BMW M3 and experienced it first hand. My statement was simply against all the BMW fan boys who own this awesome car and think a BMW is so much better. Not you personally, you purchased a beautiful car have fun and love it....but in no way do I think that was an improvement - but if you do then that is all that matters!
There's no reason for this BMW fan boy to explain himself, the same way there's no reason for me to explain why I love Mac/Apple products. Fan boy 4 lyfe
Old 10-02-2016, 10:19 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
There's no reason for this BMW fan boy to explain himself, the same way there's no reason for me to explain why I love Mac/Apple products. Fan boy 4 lyfe
LOL!! Where is that *micdrop* smiley?!!
Old 10-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by kiseliok
LOL!! Where is that *micdrop* smiley?!!
I'd still drive/own a G37, though.

Quick Reply: You know you own a G37 when...