Sponsored By:

Anyone thinking about JDM'ing your G?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
No idea why you are trying to dissuade people from spending their own money on some badges and sticking them on their cars. I'm pretty sure they are aware that their car does not become a JDM Skyline with some badging.
I’m not aware of that at all. IMO, some JDM debadgers are trying in vain to make their cars, and themselves perhaps, unique for local consumption by fashioning their car into something it is not. Sure, it’s their choice to do so, but they could do it much more inexpensively by a low-cost tattoo on their arm or a pierced eye brow. They could get noticed without going to all that trouble.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:52 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Goodness. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I could care less if someone who owns a particular vehicle wants to put the badge that would have been on that exact same vehicle if it were only purchased in a different country... (I would feel differently if one was attempting to fool people by putting an IPL badge, for example, on a non-IPL G or an ///M badge on a non-///M BMW... )

I guess wish some of the scorn directed towards the re-badgers could be redirected towards those cars with fake parts, knock-offs, and replicas... But, I suppose that's just me. Like I said, different strokes for different folks.
Theirs a fake e46 m3 in my building. Has the front bumper, fenders, mirrors and trunk wing along with all badges. Bad copy back bumper with a bad version quad exhaust. So I sold the dude my hamann eyelids off my real e46 m3.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:12 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
I’m not aware of that at all. IMO, some JDM debadgers are trying in vain to make their cars, and themselves perhaps, unique for local consumption by fashioning their car into something it is not. Sure, it’s their choice to do so, but they could do it much more inexpensively by a low-cost tattoo on their arm or a pierced eye brow. They could get noticed without going to all that trouble.
7 dollars worth of badges vs. 100+ for a tattoo? LOL what?
Old 08-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by ipitythefoo
7 dollars worth of badges vs. 100+ for a tattoo? LOL what?
Come on, all those badge changes mentioned in my previous post would cost more than $7. Putting aside the $12,000 RHD conversion, getting rid of the Infiniti emblems alone would be worth two full arm tattoos, if not a big Skyline symbol across your forehead. Of course cutting off the sleeves on all your shirts to show the tattoos would be extra.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:41 AM
UNV-IT46

Come on, all those badge changes mentioned in my previous post would cost more than $7. Putting aside the $12,000 RHD conversion, getting rid of the Infiniti emblems alone would be worth two full arm tattoos, if not a big Skyline symbol across your forehead. Of course cutting off the sleeves on all your shirts to show the tattoos would be extra.
Your list was stupid. And flawed.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:23 AM
Doggy

Why are we arguing? Lol in japan it's a skyline, in the US it's a g37, if you pay for your car then do what you please. IMO I'd rather keep the g37 badge. If I was in Japan I'd keep the skyline badge.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
Your list was stupid. And flawed.
The list highlights replacing everything on the car that says it’s an Infiniti G37 with JDM parts. Other than the ridiculous suggestions that the car be changed to RHD, or that a magic marker be used change the manuals (those are in there to show how silly it is to attempt a 100% conversion), tell me where it is flawed and I’ll be glad to revise it.

Other than that, perhaps you should lighten up a bit, and recognize my imperfect attempt at making a point with humor.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:51 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I don't see the big deal with changing up a few emblems as long as you're not faking the funk. (i.e. //M badges, AC Schnitzer, GTR on a regular car)

Nissan Skyline 370GT = Infiniti G37..... I don't understand why some people have a hard time realizing that.

Now if someone wants to cough up the $$$ into turning their USDM G37 into an all out JDM 370GT, then its their choice and more power to them.

Theirs a fake e46 m3 in my building. Has the front bumper, fenders, mirrors and trunk wing along with all badges. Bad copy back bumper with a bad version quad exhaust. So I sold the dude my hamann eyelids off my real e46 m3.
Reminds me of this one BMW 5 series here on island..... Badged as an "M5" with the side vents and all, but when you get to the back, it only has half of the quad exhausts..... the guy even went as far as getting personalized plates that said "MPRESIV"
Old 08-06-2011, 05:56 PM
UNV-IT46

The list highlights replacing everything on the car that says it’s an Infiniti G37 with JDM parts. Other than the ridiculous suggestions that the car be changed to RHD, or that a magic marker be used change the manuals (those are in there to show how silly it is to attempt a 100% conversion), tell me where it is flawed and I’ll be glad to revise it.

Other than that, perhaps you should lighten up a bit, and recognize my imperfect attempt at making a point with humor.
Again as I stated before the wheels are the same. Just center caps. That's flawed. And we are talking about debadging and doing basic stuff. Your just being dramatic.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Again as I stated before the wheels are the same. Just center caps. That's flawed. And we are talking about debadging and doing basic stuff. Your (sic) just being dramatic.
OK, I’ll change the list to just replace the OEM center caps. But it does appear you’ve lost your sense of humor somewhere along the way here, and that’s too bad.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:42 PM
UNV-IT46

OK, I’ll change the list to just replace the OEM center caps. But it does appear you’ve lost your sense of humor somewhere along the way here, and that’s too bad.
Just seems like your a hater.