Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah that too^^
Old 08-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Earlblaize

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by myk1013
Let me contribute to the resurrection of this thread....

I had SKYLINE 370GT for a couple of years on my car and I actually got more comments, praises and even people taking pics of the car from a stoplight/parking etc....

I got tired of explaining to newbs if my car is a "real SKYLINE"... so I've since took 'em off. Now I have a sort of custom made "G37S" badge because I dont like the stock Infiniti G37S font. (I used the G and 3 and 7 from the 370GT, painted them black and a red "S" from another car) I'll post pics later when I get home.

Now I'm getting bored with this so I may just change it up again.
I had someone ask "isnt skyline illegal in la"... ne way i dont see why not. In Japan the skyline cost more that the 335i. People respect the skyline like the mustang or camaro .. imo i dont feel anything wrong with paying homage to the skyline name..
Old 08-02-2011, 07:53 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Earlblaize
I had someone ask "isnt skyline illegal in la"... ne way i dont see why not. In Japan the skyline cost more that the 335i. People respect the skyline like the mustang or camaro .. imo i dont feel anything wrong with paying homage to the skyline name..
Most people assume your taking a r32-34 skyline badge and putting it on the 37. That's why people ask isn't it illegal. Most people don't understand the gtr is not the skyline anymore and that it started with the 350gt. Everyone assumes r35 gtr= skyline. Wrong
Old 08-03-2011, 01:52 PM
stkerr

Dumb question: What is JDM'ing?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:35 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by stkerr
Dumb question: What is JDM'ing?
Using the parts that come on the car in Japan as opposed to here in the us when the parts are different.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 AM
asitag

it's funny becauase, here is Australia, everyones does the opposite. they ditch the nissan badging and go for the infinity

:P
Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 AM
1NEETO

Might as well get the Nissan grille and rear badges.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:19 AM
adroitcaptor
Registered Member

They should trade with us then…

It actually irritates me that my car is rebadged JUST so Americans can assuage their pompous holier-than-thou attitudes. I love Nissans which is why I bought this car, not because I wanted people to praise me / be impressed. (I am making absolutely NO judgment on/against anyone on this board; it is no concern of mine why you choose to buy you car.) This, however, is coming from someone who striped the interior out of his 280Z (swapped to dual side-draft SUs) and JY modified and striped his 300ZX-T.

That said, I am most likely going to go badge-less anyway.

(I find it funny my MDX says “Honda” all over it…)
(I LOVE Nissans!!)

Dan
Old 08-05-2011, 04:44 PM
reVx

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
Using the parts that come on the car in Japan as opposed to here in the us when the parts are different.
What parts are different on the Japanese model?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:24 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by reVx
What parts are different on the Japanese model?
Badges, clock, engine cover, seats, clock, key cover, center caps, brakes
Old 08-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I’ve posted this before, but once again, here’s my full list of how to make your G37 a JDM Skyline:

• Change all exterior badges, including front grill and trunk markings, to Nissan/Skyline badges
• Replace kick plates with the skyline version
• Replace steering wheel
• Replace OEM rims
• Replace analog clock
• Replace passenger compartment and trunk carpeting
• Replace seat backs
• Replace IK fob
• Replace engine cover
• Replace documentation packet case and all its contents (or you can just cross out the word Infiniti everywhere on manuals and write in “Skyline” with a magic marker)
• Change navigation panel buttons to those written in Japanese
• Replace instrument panel to right hand drive version (estimated cost $12,000)
• Remember, now that drivers will be sitting on the right, so front passengers now get the lumbar support switch that is not part of the new driver’s side. Also, left turns may now be a bit more tricky in U.S. traffic. But U.S. mail delivery vehicles do it, so it certainly is possible.

Of course, the one thing that cannot be changed is the VIN from G37 coding to Skyline coding, but perhaps few observers would notice this particular subtlety.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:16 PM
SleepyMonkey
Registered Member

**** that
Old 08-05-2011, 08:54 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by Chekov
I’ve posted this before, but once again, here’s my full list of how to make your G37 a JDM Skyline:

• Change all exterior badges, including front grill and trunk markings, to Nissan/Skyline badges
• Replace steering wheel
• Replace OEM rims
• Replace analog clock
• Replace seat backs
• Replace IK fob
• Replace engine cover
• Replace documentation packet case and all its contents (or you can just cross out the word Infiniti everywhere on manuals and write in “Skyline” with a magic marker)
• Remember, now that drivers will be sitting on the right, so front passengers now get the lumbar support switch that is not part of the new driver’s side. Also, left turns may now be a bit more tricky in U.S. traffic. But U.S. mail delivery vehicles do it, so it certainly is possible.

Of course, the one thing that cannot be changed is the VIN from G37 coding to Skyline coding, but perhaps few observers would notice this particular subtlety.
Wheels are the same. Just different center caps
Old 08-05-2011, 09:57 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Goodness. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I could care less if someone who owns a particular vehicle wants to put the badge that would have been on that exact same vehicle if it were only purchased in a different country... (I would feel differently if one was attempting to fool people by putting an IPL badge, for example, on a non-IPL G or an ///M badge on a non-///M BMW... )

I guess wish some of the scorn directed towards the re-badgers could be redirected towards those cars with fake parts, knock-offs, and replicas... But, I suppose that's just me. Like I said, different strokes for different folks.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:52 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov

• Replace steering wheel
• Replace OEM rims
• Replace analog clock
• Replace seat backs
• Replace IK fob
• Replace engine cover

No idea why you are trying to dissuade people from spending their own money on some badges and sticking them on their cars. I'm pretty sure they are aware that their car does not become a JDM Skyline with some badging.

Quick Reply: Anyone thinking about JDM'ing your G?