Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone thinking about JDM'ing your G?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 10:28 AM
go4gr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
My problem with your statement was that you the 350Z would kill a G37 which is not true. Both cars are Sports Cars.
I was told that the G coupe is in fact a Sports Coupe, not a Sports Car.

Which kind of makes sense since in Japan, they call it a GT - Gran Tursimo/Touring.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:29 AM
go4gr8

Originally Posted by Comatose
Alright, now that we've all kissed 'n made up..

Who's down for some JDM red leather?? Its being made available on the sedan as a 50th anniv. edition.. but not sure if it'll actually trickle down to the coupe...

I would like this if they had the door inserts red as well.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:44 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope JLai, it is an import. Sorry also but I think it is actually an 02 and not a 03. I am pretty sure it is a year before the G was released here. He bought it from a General who had it converted from the driver side on the the right to the left when he had it shipped from Japan. His car has actually be in "Nissan Sport" magazine.
Swapped from RHD to left? Sure. Dude, he's yanking your chain. He just rebadged it.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:52 AM
StoneZtech

Thumbs up

I don't have Z roadster,

Read this >> https://www.myg37.com/forums/other-cars/176212-g37-vs-335-0-60-times.html ))

My problem with your statement was that you the 350Z would kill a G37 which is not true. Both cars are Sports Cars. The 350Z is more the roadster class but they both are sports cars. The G37 weight in not 3800lbs. It is 3600lbs and some change like MaxToTheG37 stated. Both cars are rather identical and I actually like both. The G37 is more for the customer who wants a luxurious look where as the 350Z is for the individuals that are looking for the more roadster look or an actual roadster. If you really do drive both cars then you would know this. I have two friends both with Z's and I have driven both, and they both are fun. The only real advantage that the Z has (and it is a big one) are all the mods that are out for it...which we G37 owners are patiently waiting for. So go hook up that suspension, get an exhaust, intake, some twin turbos and your statement about killing a G37 would be true because then we wouldn't be able to hang with you.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:37 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StoneZtech
I don't have Z roadster,

Read this >> https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176212 ))
I wouldn't trust that article alone. Everyone on here knows MotorTrend produced bad numbers when they tested the car. To give you an example, someone on here took out a bone stock auto and put down a 13.7 on their one and only pass...much less what a professional driver can do.

As far as the 335i...it is a faster car, no doubt. I hear they're putting ~300/300 to the wheels bone stock. Too bad they nickel and dime everything to where I put the same options on the BMW and it came to almost $10K more...I probably would have got one if the price difference wasn't so vast.

Last edited by JLai; 12-26-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:33 PM
StoneZtech

My Girl has the G37S Auto. The car is fast, but I don't feel that much of pickup then my Z.

I can say is that the G has softer ride.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:48 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the softer suspension even on the sport package is a byproduct of the lux factor in the G that Infiniti chose to go with. It makes sense. It's a GT Cruiser. Gran Turismo/Cruiser. Not a sports car/roadster like the Z. Hence they have their similarities but clearly cater to slightly different crowds and needs/wants.

by the way StoneZtech - I replied to your rant earlier in the thread - page 2
Old 12-26-2007, 05:52 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JLai
Swapped from RHD to left? Sure. Dude, he's yanking your chain. He just rebadged it.
Hey JLai, you could be right. As far as the driver side being on the left, I have seen on those stupid "crib" tv shows were stars had their Skyline GTR converted to the left side along with other foreign cars so when he said it was converted then it made since. He told me it cost 10-15grand to do it which sounded about right to me. We also take our cars to the same dealership and I was talking to them about it and they told me they have a customer who comes in there all the time with a Skyline and another dude with a debagged G35 that is JDMed. I kinda assumed that "his" Skyline was the real one but now I am interested in finding out. I guess I will need to write down his VIN number and look it up. If he is lying, he knows how to sell his story because he seems to have all the specifics down. So I will concede that I don't know for sure but I am going to try to find out... I will let you know though if you want once I get the info.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:13 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
the softer suspension even on the sport package is a byproduct of the lux factor in the G that Infiniti chose to go with. It makes sense. It's a GT Cruiser. Gran Turismo/Cruiser. Not a sports car/roadster like the Z. Hence they have their similarities but clearly cater to slightly different crowds and needs/wants.

by the way StoneZtech - I replied to your rant earlier in the thread - page 2
Ok, I have some Wikipedia links for you. You guys "could" be right on the G37 not being a Sports Car but there seems to be a grey line. DetroitG37Joe is right except when you have the G37 Sport or 6MT. I have been told many times that it is then a GrandTouring Sport or GTS. That really doesn't matter much though just technicalities. Here is the link on the description of what a Sports Car is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_car

Here is the link on the description of what a GrandTouring car is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_tourer

Here are some quotes, "Most sports cars are rear-wheel drive, have two seats, two doors, and are designed for more precise handling, acceleration, and aesthetics." and "Grand tourers differ from typical sports cars (e.g. Lotus Elise, Porsche 911) in that they are usually larger, heavier (sometimes more than 3,500 lbs), and tend to make less compromise in comfort for the sake of driving ability."

So IMO I would consider the G37 a sports car just like I consider the GTR a sports car. There seems to be documentation saying that it is not a sports car but then again there is documentation that says it is. So I guess it just comes down to opinion. Let me know what you guys think though. Not trying to argue with you all, I just would like to know your opinion.

Last edited by bboysteele; 12-26-2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: mis-spelled some words.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:16 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by StoneZtech
I don't have Z roadster,

Read this >> https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176212 ))
beathorse 3,668 lb Directly from infiniti...
Old 12-26-2007, 08:06 PM
UNV-IT46

wow there is a lot of misinformation being thrown around here. Lets start off with the first issue. "JDM" there are different levels of making a car JDM. the most common that people think of is as discused using oem products from japan to make your car JDM i.e. skyline badges and such. The other is using products that are only from japan. My cars are all JDM but not because i am trying to make them identical to the car in japan but because i only put items from major japanese power house tuners on my car. for instance My S2000 has all JDM products on it. But the only oem jdm item i have on the car is Monte Carlo blue Honda badge on the rear. as far as the whole lhd vs rhd issue. Its not as simple as some have made it sound. In order to complete this you need to do a full front end clip swap. Which honestly is a waste of money. Not to mention you destroy the chassis when you cut the whole front end off and weld on a front clip that is RHD or LHD to complete your conversion. I am not calling anyone a lier but go through all the trouble of bringing in a real skyline even if we are talking about the G version and converting it to lhd. If i have a true jdm rhd car i am not going to convert it. Thats just dumb..
Old 12-26-2007, 08:24 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
as far as the whole lhd vs rhd issue. Its not as simple as some have made it sound. In order to complete this you need to do a full front end clip swap. Which honestly is a waste of money. Not to mention you destroy the chassis when you cut the whole front end off and weld on a front clip that is RHD or LHD to complete your conversion.
See, I didn't know this UNV-IT46. I am not a motorhead nor claim to be but I tend to know enough to be a little dangerous. That is for you experts on this forum and that is one of the reasons why I come here to ask and learn about certain mods so I don't get junk when I get it. Thanks for the info. I am seriously going to have to get the VIN off his car and look it up but I don't think he will be here until next week. I will let you guys know if I have been fooled because I am willing to admit I am wrong (I will have to push this dude down the stairs though).
Old 12-27-2007, 04:04 AM
ucla bruin

Saw a red G35 today with black rims, quad exhaust, and skyline 350GT badge. Must admit, it looked nice.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:01 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Saw a red G35 today with black rims, quad exhaust, and skyline 350GT badge. Must admit, it looked nice.
did it say hydrow on its license plate?
Old 12-27-2007, 03:00 PM
ucla bruin

Not sure....friend of yours? I saw it in a Target parking lot in Torrance.

Quick Reply: Anyone thinking about JDM'ing your G?