G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How many G37 owners are in this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 04:13 PM
Gcoupe37x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure of the count but here's another new g37 owner. 2010 G37x coupe. Black on black. One owner, 51k miles on it, no accidents. Very happy. Sure the 7AT was quirky. But after an update, changing the air filters, oil to redline, gas to 93, and driving it like I stole it each night for a week or so, I'm in love. Added the Z1 post MAF intake hoses too.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:38 PM
MoonLight_Lily
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kroy
That white looks awesome!

Did you repaint it yourself? I thought IPL only came in 2 colors.
Hey, Thank you!
sorry for the extremely late reply, but nope. Car is not repainted and yes apparently very few IPL's were in Moon Light white color, even fewer with a 6MT. It took me more than 5 months to find mine, but it was well worth the wait.
The only other white IPL's I've seen have all been convertible no hard tops yet
Old 02-18-2021, 01:32 AM
Deannie
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 G37S coupe 6MT 42K miles

+400-something???
Like a game of telephone, too many people lost sight of the importance of adding “+whatever” to the beginning of each post in this thread.

Hi, all. In 20I9 bought my 08 S Coupe 6MT w/only 37K miles. It was someone’s garage queen and was sitting on a Carmax lot in Virginia. It was always garaged and never saw any salt or snow. The underside was spotless and the front has a clear bra treatment. It’s all stock save for what I added: HKS Hi-Power catback exhaust and Eibach adjustable sway bars - front and rear. The photo doesn’t show the HKS exhaust because it wasn’t on the car at the time of the photo. I was able to buy a comprehensive warranty for 6yrs/100K miles for $1400 (of which the warranty has paid out $300 thus far) so I’m good for 4 more years as I drive it only an average of about 50 miles per week - never in rain, snow or if there’s salt on the road. I’m in Maryland where we’ve had a lot of snow and ice so I have to wait for a good soaking rain to wash away all the road salt. I’ve only driven the car two times in the last month.

A high end custom car cover has kept up its appearance as I don’t have a garage. The pearl white paint wasn’t my first choice but I’ve grown to appreciate it in bright sunshine. The car looks almost new and people are shocked to learn it’s turning 14 years old (!) in March. Drives like new too. At a list price of almost $19K I overpaid for it (because Carmax) but received a time capsule car. I only wish it was a more recent model because the technology is dated and the upgraded gallery gasket in 2012+ models, though my Infiniti dealer said it affects less than 1% to 2% of all G37/370 engines and my warranty covers that anyway. I added a Bluetooth adapter so I could play music from my phone on the stereo and Waze directions can be heard via stereo as well. I just love the car but wish it had Honda-like shift quality in the gearbox. Other minor complaints: a few drops of water drip

2008, 37K miles, loaded (no 4 wheel steering), immaculate inside and out, paint blemish free, interior virtually like new. Bought from Carmax for $19K + $1400 for a 6 year 100k mile warranty. I overpaid per “book value”, but look at the underside! I was skeptical when I first test drove this car, but I noticed it had clear plastic protectant over the entire front end.

down the windows by the side view mirrors after car washes; the seatbelt retention arms are flimsy and I had to re-attach the driver’s side once; the front plastic under tray tore off so I replaced it; the evaporative fuel canister went bad (it prevented me from putting gas in the tank) but that was covered by the Carmax warranty. So, very few complaints and a lot to love. I see myself keeping it for at least 10 more years before gifting it to a family member.

Last edited by Deannie; 02-18-2021 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Aurieg
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

2012 G37S, 7AT
Bought less than a month ago for 17K with 27k miles, with interior full of water. I've noticed the leak on the driver's side carpet when inspecting the car, little did I know, water level would have to be pretty high for carpet to get wet. When I tore apart the whole interior I found a lot of water on both sides so first few weeks of ownership were rather frustrating and hard. But I am glad I bought it anyway, I believe it's in better hands now. I've changed oil and diff fluid, all filters and now monitoring for leaks, so far it's been dry but I'm gonna give it a month before I put the rest of the interior back together.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:13 PM
Deannie
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Aurieg

2012 G37S, 7AT
Bought less than a month ago for 17K with 27k miles, with interior full of water. I've noticed the leak on the driver's side carpet when inspecting the car, little did I know, water level would have to be pretty high for carpet to get wet. When I tore apart the whole interior I found a lot of water on both sides so first few weeks of ownership were rather frustrating and hard. But I am glad I bought it anyway, I believe it's in better hands now. I've changed oil and diff fluid, all filters and now monitoring for leaks, so far it's been dry but I'm gonna give it a month before I put the rest of the interior back together.
Congrats on your new car! Sorry to hear about the “flood”. Perhaps you should put some “Luv My Carpet” powder down on the carpet anywhere near it was wet. Let it sit for a while then vacuum it up to be sure there’s no residual musty smell. Also, spraying Lysol liberally directly onto the carpet - and UNDER THE CARPET - are also suggestions to be sure there’s no mold lingering, waiting for more water to arrive and cause mold reproduction. All just friendly suggestions as I’m sure you love your car as I do mine.
The following users liked this post:
Aurieg (02-18-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 03:32 PM
jayeldee3
Registered Member

former 2009 G37 owner...one of the 4 best cars I've owned including 1976 BMW 2002; 1997 MB 320SL; 1982 MB 300CD and the G37...good company
Old 12-03-2021, 10:41 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
2010 Anniversary Sedan owner
Old 04-08-2023, 05:09 PM
FuriousFozz
Premier Member

+370?

G37s 2008 5AT
need new transmission
any reason not to put in 6MT vs. replace with another 5AT?
Old 09-13-2023, 01:30 PM
snek
Registered Member

i got my g37 around 2 years ago and haven’t decided if i wanted to keep the car or buy something else. so that’s why i hadn’t modded it yet. but here i am. i’m hoping to do some fun mods and do a manual swap. anyone done that before?