G37 Coupe
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Finally, the winning recipe to beat the BMW 3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Orbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaximaPower
uh oohh.....now i like that color...looks better in that pic then the ones infinitimichael took...must be the lighting
I asked the same question earlier in the thread, but you must carry a lot of weight around here since I didn't get an answer.

I agree the Blue Slate on the G37 (if that's what it is) looks really good in the slight overcast conditions in these pictures. I've seen BS on the G35 Sedan in shade and it doesn't look like the ones in these pictures (almost like a dark grey). I have seen it in direct, strong sunlight however and it looks purple. I was one step away from getting this color but I hated the purple look in the sun. I know what the PG will look like though and although at the best of times it may not match up to the BS, it won't ever look as bad as the BS either in sunlight.

On another note, did anyone catch the picture on the Autospies thread of the Amethyst? that's one of only a few on the internet. That is definitely a color that will be appealing to the female buyers. It definitely wouldn't look out of place with a lei hanging on the rearview mirror and a Roxy sticker on the back window. Reminds me of the purple smarties.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:46 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Orbie
I asked the same question earlier in the thread, but you must carry a lot of weight around here since I didn't get an answer.

I agree the Blue Slate on the G37 (if that's what it is) looks really good in the slight overcast conditions in these pictures. I've seen BS on the G35 Sedan in shade and it doesn't look like the ones in these pictures (almost like a dark grey). I have seen it in direct, strong sunlight however and it looks purple. I was one step away from getting this color but I hated the purple look in the sun. I know what the PG will look like though and although at the best of times it may not match up to the BS, it won't ever look as bad as the BS either in sunlight.

On another note, did anyone catch the picture on the Autospies thread of the Amethyst? that's one of only a few on the internet. That is definitely a color that will be appealing to the female buyers. It definitely wouldn't look out of place with a lei hanging on the rearview mirror and a Roxy sticker on the back window. Reminds me of the purple smarties.
Yeah, I did notice the Amethyst Graphite in that one picture. It is a nice color, just not the one for me. I am glad that I went with the Platinum Graphite, I think it looks amazing in those pictures!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:05 PM
jasperg35

i want one in orange or yellow.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:05 PM
jasperg35

or that sunburst orange of the z.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:50 PM
lightspeed

polished chrome for me (lol)

...to compete with this:

Old 07-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Wow lol. That is ummm.... extremely polished.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:36 PM
N50

^^I don't think that's shiny enough.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:42 PM
mantisG35

i want one!!!!!! that lighter blue color is amazazing...
i want one.. i want the 335 too... i need a raise
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 PM
MissLydia

That is definitely a color that will be appealing to the female buyers. It definitely wouldn't look out of place with a lei hanging on the rearview mirror and a Roxy sticker on the back window. Reminds me of the purple smarties.
I love how there is always that one guy that doesn't realize that there are women on this board. Nice generalization. For the record, yes, that's the color I ordered, but my husband (who is very manly and in the Infantry in the Army) is actually the one that talked me into it.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:01 PM
jasperg35

because he agrees the color would be great for a girl...
Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 PM
MissLydia

No, I don't have a problem with someone saying that color will appeal to the female buyers, it's what came after it about the lei and the Roxy sticker (whatever the he!! that is). I don't put stickers on my car or hang crap from the mirror. It just annoys me that there are men out there that are still threatened by a woman that is into fast cars.

I guess that's what I get for participating in a forum that is 99% men. I'm sure it would make some of you happy for all G35/37 drivers to be men so that you could continue in your little boys club that you've got going on here. Maybe I should just go buy a Volkswagen Beetle and put the little fake flower in the vase and that would make you feel more comfortable. And no, I'm not on the rag either, because I know that is the next thing to come out of someone's mouth.

Last edited by MissLydia; 07-25-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:56 PM
JABG35x2

Great Post and Pics!! After perusing them, I've come to the conclusion that the rear end needs the spoiler. Viewed from the side, it seems like the new tail lights cut the flow of the metal compared to the G35, and the deck looks 'chopped' off with the stock chrome jobby. Also from the rear the optional one makes it look wider and not so pinched. Just my feelings, and will have to wait till see them in person for final judgement
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Nismo G

Still have to say that the chrome spoiler looks like trash, but these pictures look a lot better than the other ones i have seen. I still say take the new HR and get a stroker kit for it, but then again none of the infinti coupes have the HR...pre 08

-Sean
Old 07-25-2007, 10:20 PM
joeygott
Banned

new 337

Nice, but the new G coupe went down a notch in the looks dept. The new 3 series coupe, which I was never that crazy about, has gone up a notch or two. And the 335 is faster, drives smoother, more refined, and gets much better fuel economy (2-3mpg).
Infiniti should have done better.

Last edited by joeygott; 07-25-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:35 PM
jasperg35

Originally Posted by MissLydia
No, I don't have a problem with someone saying that color will appeal to the female buyers, it's what came after it about the lei and the Roxy sticker (whatever the he!! that is). I don't put stickers on my car or hang crap from the mirror. It just annoys me that there are men out there that are still threatened by a woman that is into fast cars.

I guess that's what I get for participating in a forum that is 99% men. I'm sure it would make some of you happy for all G35/37 drivers to be men so that you could continue in your little boys club that you've got going on here. Maybe I should just go buy a Volkswagen Beetle and put the little fake flower in the vase and that would make you feel more comfortable. And no, I'm not on the rag either, because I know that is the next thing to come out of someone's mouth.
it's no fun if you take our stereotypes away from us.

Quick Reply: Finally, the winning recipe to beat the BMW 3?