g37 with nav missing trunk changer

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:00 PM
gurug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g37 with nav missing trunk changer

look at this pic:
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/I...ages/Trunk.jpg

according to the other pic, the car does have the nav package..so where is the changer.... in dash or no changer at all

Old 04-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well as you know if you have the Navi package on the Sedan, the CD Changer is mounted in the trunk. There have been complaints from numerous 07 Sedan members about this so maybe Infiniti decided to go with a dash mounted CD Changer. That would be great IMO.

In reality though, with the CF slot and the Music Box, I don't find there is much use for CDs anymore.......although this is just my personal preference.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:51 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

I just hope the iPod connection is a good one and intuitive. That's all I need!
Old 04-14-2007, 09:46 AM
SPEEED

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Well as you know if you have the Navi package on the Sedan, the CD Changer is mounted in the trunk. There have been complaints from numerous 07 Sedan members about this so maybe Infiniti decided to go with a dash mounted CD Changer. That would be great IMO.

In reality though, with the CF slot and the Music Box, I don't find there is much use for CDs anymore.......although this is just my personal preference.
I agree. definitely a smart move on Nissan's behalf. With that said, what is a changer?
Old 04-14-2007, 12:43 PM
chuckg35

no changer in the way= good move
Old 04-15-2007, 09:58 AM
TheFU

there are some crappy things about the "music box" though. I read thru the sedan manual and this is what i found:

- Will not read MP3 CDs into the music box. So, if you have all your songs already digital, you cannot load them in 100 at a time...you will have to burn tens of stnadard CDs only to have them re-ripped.

- You cannot move songs from the CF slot into the musicbox

- It is only 9GB! Are you kidding me!

- It uses its own internal DB for song titles and albums so if your CD is not encoded correctly, or its homegrown, or its next years CD, how does it know the title? Do I need to update its DB every month...what a pain

ALL THAT SAID, ITS STILL LIGHT YEARS BETTER THAN USING A CHANGER!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:22 AM
beestea

Yea, in my opinion the Music Box (the way it was implemented) is kind of useless, to me at least.

1. 9 Gigs? Not nearly enough space.
2. Can't copy already ripped music there.
3. 130kbps Max bitrate? Come on now!

At least there is the compact flash reader which I plan to use... but they kinda messed this option up as well with the 512 file limit.

Being able to read 6 mp3 encoded CD's would be nice, but they messed this up with the changer in the Navi equip. models.

Anyhow, all 3 were good ideas, just crippled due to a few poorly implemented functions. I think in a year or two they will probably work out most of these bugs.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:04 PM
AdamJ

I don't mind that there's "only" 9GB of space, but not being able to rip the songs from an existing MP3 CD, or a flash card, is really aggravating. 9GB is roughly 1800 MP3s, it would take over 150 CDs burned as regular "Audio CDs" to fill the hard drive. I'm hoping there's another way around this, it would take me days to transfer them as mentioned above.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:17 PM
gurug

i really hope that they havnt swapped the av inputs for an ipod-only connection since i am not in the ipod camp and dont want to be restricted to that either. the AV inputs in the sedan is one of my fav features
Old 04-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Mr_Ryte

Is it possible that they put the changer in the glovebox (can't think of anywhere else they could put it.....)?

EDIT: shoulda done a little more research before I posted.
Taken from here:
http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/2...oupe/specs.pdf
scroll down to page 4.
In-dash 6 disk CD changer.
There ya go.

Last edited by Mr_Ryte; 04-17-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:21 AM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr_Ryte
Is it possible that they put the changer in the glovebox (can't think of anywhere else they could put it.....)?

EDIT: shoulda done a little more research before I posted.
Taken from here:
http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/2...oupe/specs.pdf
scroll down to page 4.
In-dash 6 disk CD changer.
There ya go.
Yea (in my best Bill Lumberg voice), I think only the non-Nav gets the in-dash cd changer, while the Nav gets the in-dash single cd player. At least that's how the 07 sedans are.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dmkozak
Yea (in my best Bill Lumberg voice), I think only the non-Nav gets the in-dash cd changer, while the Nav gets the in-dash single cd player. At least that's how the 07 sedans are.
Correct, it's just saying that the stock stereo on the non-Navi equipped models get the in-dash CD changer. It looks to me that the Navi-equipped models aren't getting a CD Changer at all, and that wouldn't surprise me one bit. I've yet to even put the magazine in my CD changer yet on my 07 Sedan. Too many better choices to play music (Music Box, CF card, AUX ports).

Last edited by Garnet Canuck; 04-18-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Queenskid24

im not a fan of cd changers in the trunk, its too much of a hassle especially if you want to change Cds. im not a big Ipod/Mp3 guy either im sticking old school with cds.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:17 PM
TheFU

9GB is limiting, but its not too bad for me and my library which is about 16GB total, of which I could easily say 8GB is stuff i actually listen to regularly.

The big issue for me is having to burn all these standard, red-book audio CDs for the sole purpose of feeding the musicbox. thats lame.

I like the idea of a generic AV input such as that in the 07 Sedan and what will prob be in the coupe, but i would rather have the ipod connection that would allow me to control my ipod (from the steering wheel) and see the song titles. So, since it won't have that, i will just have to use the music-box (i hate fumbling with my ipod in the car).
Old 04-20-2007, 06:38 AM
sillyhenry

that new center console is HOT!

Quick Reply: g37 with nav missing trunk changer