MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Coupe (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe-239/)
-   -   will the 6MT come with push button ignition? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-coupe/150908-will-the-6mt-come-with-push-button-ignition.html)

GoofyG 04-12-2007 05:00 PM

will the 6MT come with push button ignition?

I don't think the MT sedans have it, will the coupes?

Zee2G 04-12-2007 05:31 PM

Sedan with 6mt does have push button start. I would expect the coupe to be the same

skaterbasist 04-12-2007 06:05 PM

I don't see why It wouldnt.

Push to start ignition works different than remote ignition on the 06 auto coupe.

(You will probably never see a remote ignition on a MT; its not smart)

FAST1 04-12-2007 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zee2G
Sedan with 6mt does have push button start. I would expect the coupe to be the same

So the FOB can remain in your pocket when you push the start button? The dumbest scenario is that one car, can't recall which, requires you to insert the FOB into a slot before you hit the start button.

Garnet Canuck 04-12-2007 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by FAST1
So the FOB can remain in your pocket when you push the start button?

Yep, as long as you've got the intelligent key in your pocket, you just press in the clutch and press the start button.

GoofyG 04-12-2007 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zee2G

shows you what my dealer knows. he didn't think the sedan MT's had it. I'm looking foward to driving my car without taking a key out.:cool:

G-WannaBe 04-12-2007 07:53 PM

According to the show babes (models for those of you who are offended), yes, and its not like the bmw 335 system that requires you to put it into the dash slot in order to use it, it only has to be in proximity to both unlock the doors with the push of the door handle button, but also use the push button start. Not a James Bond 30 Cal under the lights, but nifty...

g35sedan5at 04-12-2007 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by FAST1
So the FOB can remain in your pocket when you push the start button? The dumbest scenario is that one car, can't recall which, requires you to insert the FOB into a slot before you hit the start button.

yup...got in my friends brand new mini cooper eysterday and the damn thing requires that u stick this flying saucer looking FOB into the car, and then apply the brake, and then push the start button.lol. damn bavarian motorworks (i think its motorworks)

Garnet Canuck 04-12-2007 08:07 PM

There is a slot to put the intelligent key in, but only time you need to put it in the slot is when the batteries in your intelligent key are dead.

FAST1 04-13-2007 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by g35sedan5at
yup...got in my friends brand new mini cooper eysterday and the damn thing requires that u stick this flying saucer looking FOB into the car, and then apply the brake, and then push the start button.lol. damn bavarian motorworks (i think its motorworks)

LOL That's about the dumbest scenario imaginable. I'm happy to hear that the G37 doesn't require that dumb process to get the engine started.

AdamJ 04-14-2007 03:27 PM

Does the AT5 G37 even have push button start? Or do you still have to turn the ignition switch even when there is no key in it?

Garnet Canuck 04-14-2007 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by AdamJ
Does the AT5 G37 even have push button start? Or do you still have to turn the ignition switch even when there is no key in it?

All G37s (5AT & 6MT) will have the push button start. There will be no ignition switch to turn.

adrenaline rush 04-14-2007 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by g35sedan5at

My friends E90 330i needs to do this as well - odd design for sure.

nghiars 04-14-2007 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by adrenaline rush
My friends E90 330i needs to do this as well - odd design for sure.

so did the 2001 745LI

dofu 04-14-2007 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
I don't see why It wouldnt.

Push to start ignition works different than remote ignition on the 06 auto coupe.

(You will probably never see a remote ignition on a MT; its not smart)

Don't see why it's so hard for them to add an override for the manuals...