Front Lip for non sport bumpers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 12:33 PM
ikbb

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Front Lip for non sport bumpers?

hey all. i have an 09 w/ adaptive cruise not sport but w/ the sport wheel pkg. the front bumper is kind of ugly is there a lip i can get so i dont have to get the entire S bumper? also, do the 2012 sport bumpers fit our cars w/out any mods? sorry if im asking answered questions, please help me locate answers.. i tried searching and am new to the forum.

thank you in advance,
Old 04-25-2019, 09:31 AM
ikbb

dont all chime in at once now...
Old 04-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
There is a lip from the factory that you can probably find on Ebay for the 09 non-sport bumper but it wont make it look like the sport bumper...the sport bumper from 09 has a different shape altogether...from your post you may have the sport bumper already if you say you have the "sport wheel pkg",

You can convert your bumper to a 2010+ MY bumper (sport or non sport) but you will need all the inserts and new headlights...it all bolts up without modifications...there a so many threads on here on doing it/how to do it/DIYs/ everything with pictures and part numbers...dig around it shouldn't take too long there are just that many threads on the site on his exact topic..

...you should post a picture of what you have it will help others chime in as your post is a little unclear on what you're starting with
Old 04-25-2019, 10:40 AM
ikbb

Originally Posted by Hashim
There is a lip from the factory that you can probably find on Ebay for the 09 non-sport bumper but it wont make it look like the sport bumper...the sport bumper from 09 has a different shape altogether...from your post you may have the sport bumper already if you say you have the "sport wheel pkg",

You can convert your bumper to a 2010+ MY bumper (sport or non sport) but you will need all the inserts and new headlights...it all bolts up without modifications...there a so many threads on here on doing it/how to do it/DIYs/ everything with pictures and part numbers...dig around it shouldn't take too long there are just that many threads on the site on his exact topic..

...you should post a picture of what you have it will help others chime in as your post is a little unclear on what you're starting with
yes, i saw all the mods. thats the thing, i dont want to install new headlights and modify things. i have the regular bumper. not at home now, but i have this one.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:06 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

wait is yours a convertible or coupe? for some reason I was thinking you were talking about a sedan...I don't know of an lip for the coupe convertible
Old 04-25-2019, 11:08 AM
ikbb

oh, my bad.. i have a convertible. but the bumper is the same as that stock image i posted.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:17 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Well theres this old thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/interio...nterest-3.html

I think most people don't bother with lips on the base because the price is about the same for a new sport bumper and it just bolts up the way a lip does
Old 04-25-2019, 11:24 AM
ikbb

Originally Posted by Hashim
Well theres this old thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/interio...nterest-3.html

I think most people don't bother with lips on the base because the price is about the same for a new sport bumper and it just bolts up the way a lip does
its way more expensive. lip is small enough that you can paint at home.