No center dash controls - troubleshooting shortcuts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 04:04 PM
retrogeek
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No center dash controls - troubleshooting shortcuts?

Due to an unfortunate meeting between my passenger side-view mirror and a construction sign while traveling, I am temporarily without said passenger-side mirror.
While I can live without the physical mirror itself for the duration of my trip, the loss of the mirror appears to have somehow simultaneously knocked out ALL of the center-console controls, and it's going to be a lot harder to live without them.
The Nav, Climate Control, and Audio systems themselves are all still working, but NONE of the controls in the center dash panel operate/do anything. The nav panel just below the screen, the main audio controls, and the climate control adjustments are all totally dead - including no indicator lights on the climate control.
The audio system still responds to the steering wheel controls (source,next/previous), with the exception of the volume up/down. The nav responds to the touch-screen only. The phone, voice and "back" buttons on the steering work. The climate control is working and shows as such on the display screen, but is essentially stuck at the last setting it was on. Curiously, the dimming feature of the dash also seems to have gone sort-of wonky as well. In "night" mode, with headlights on, the dash stays at full dim unless the brightness is turned up to max, where it immediately jumps to max brightness.

I'm assuming there was some sort of electrical damage by way of the wires into the mirror assembly. In the interest of saving a little time troubleshooting, can anyone tell me what component might be shared by all of those control systems? Is this something as simple as a fuse, or something more involved like one of the control modules?
I haven't had a chance to test out the top (trunk is still full of luggage), but I'm hoping it's not dead as well.