Vert Owner Just Checking In! 2018 Plans?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 02:19 AM
JDunc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vert Owner Just Checking In! 2018 Plans?

Honestly I am just kind of bored so I thought i would post here and see how everyone was doing and if anybody has big plans for their convertible in 2018!

I am about to go through the process of lowering my convertible on BC's after the new year, and I'm currently sifting through all the vert threads on how to correct the camber/toe issues we have. Anybody have brand/part recommendations for the front end to correct camber/toe? To my knowledge the SPC rear fix is still the only option for us on the market, correct?

I'm also about to place an order for some spacers. I'm thinking +15 for the front and +25 for the rear. Anybody running this setup with pictures they'd want to share?

Finally, I'm gonna hopefully have some cash ready for the next black friday sale for a set of wheels. The ones i wanted went for $700 a set this year and i didn't have the extra cash

Anyways, hoping to see more people modding their convertibles this year! You guys have been insanely helpful thus far and I'm looking forward to another year enjoying this car. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year G37 family!
Attached Thumbnails Vert Owner Just Checking In! 2018 Plans?-fullsizeoutput_74b.jpeg  
Old 12-26-2017, 08:51 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice pic^^^
I think you are correct regarding the rear SPC camber/toe set, the 4 bolt plan is the only one available.
There are several front arm options such as Voodoo, SPL, and the newer more adjustable SPC set, AFAIK all the front coupe arms should work on the vert.

Look forward to your plans getting completed!
Old 12-26-2017, 06:46 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
^ Yep, what Brad said. Front arms are the same as the coupe. SPC works fine and probably one of the cheapest. I see these go on sale in classifieds every so often too.
Rear you'll either have to use 4 bolts or have a shop make a customer arm for you (we had one member do it, but don't know how it held up). Unless you are planning on completely dropping in, using spc bolts will be perfectly ok. My camber / toe is within spec with the bolts and my rear tires are flush with the fenders.

Spacers - if you are not planning on modifying body parts, I wouldn't go past 15mm in the rear. Maaaaybe 20mm, but you might need to shave the bumper bracket. You will most likely have some unwanted results running 25mm, unless you decide to go with some extra negative camber while lowering.
Front 15 should set you mostly flush. There aren't any brackets to worry about, even when you lower the car.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:58 PM
JDunc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kiseliok
^ Yep, what Brad said. Front arms are the same as the coupe. SPC works fine and probably one of the cheapest. I see these go on sale in classifieds every so often too.
Rear you'll either have to use 4 bolts or have a shop make a customer arm for you (we had one member do it, but don't know how it held up). Unless you are planning on completely dropping in, using spc bolts will be perfectly ok. My camber / toe is within spec with the bolts and my rear tires are flush with the fenders.

Spacers - if you are not planning on modifying body parts, I wouldn't go past 15mm in the rear. Maaaaybe 20mm, but you might need to shave the bumper bracket. You will most likely have some unwanted results running 25mm, unless you decide to go with some extra negative camber while lowering.
Front 15 should set you mostly flush. There aren't any brackets to worry about, even when you lower the car.
I was mostly making sure I was correct in my understandings of our options, or seeing if anyone else has made any discoveries I may have glanced over regarding camber correction. But I’m content with the bolt option. I have also seen that pretty much everyone relocates he bumper bracket (although I have yet to find a thread showing where it was relocated to, but I haven’t given it much effort really.)I’ve seen coupe guys running 20mm spacers, and I know we have a little extra room back there, so I honestly was gonna run 25’s just to see how’ve it went with stock sport 19’s. But I may play 20mm and if I need to run minor camber, I’m okay with it. I just don’t t want crazy camber specs. I appreciate the replies though!