I cannot find what is making the noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 07:48 PM
joeylewy
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot find what is making the noise

...on my car, and neither can 2 shops that I have been too. I have searched this forum and can't find a thread that goes into detail about similar problems...so I'm gonna create one.

The sound that I get does not happen consistently, but when it does it happens at 35mph or less. It stops when I hit the brakes. It is a sound the is rhythmic with the revolution of the wheel.

Not a squeaking sound, or a grinding sound....its for the lack of a better description, a brushing sound...Goodyear says something in the brake hardware is loose and is causing the pad to move around. Express Oil says that they can't find recreate the noise. The tech heard it when we went for a spin though. Brake pads have plenty meat on them.....I know i should take it to infiniti but I have an extended warranty from the certified lot I bought it from. But I can't get a break in the work day to take it to either....

Anybody having or have had the same problem?
Old 12-04-2017, 08:59 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Brushing sounds brake pad related. Id take pads out and grease the pins and clips if sport model. If base check pad life and rotor runout
Old 12-04-2017, 09:07 PM
joeylewy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Brushing sounds brake pad related. Id take pads out and grease the pins and clips if sport model. If base check pad life and rotor runout
A better description of the sound, that i just thought of, is what it would sound like if you ran (or brushed) a pencil or a pen across the spokes on the wheel of a bicycle, in short spurts.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:09 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by joeylewy
A better description of the sound, that i just thought of, is what it would sound like if you ran (or brushed) a pencil or a pen across the spokes on the wheel of a bicycle, in short spurts.
check for a stick or debris in the caliper area. I saw a lady dragging an entire tree small tree down the road oblivious
Old 12-04-2017, 09:27 PM
joeylewy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
check for a stick or debris in the caliper area. I saw a lady dragging an entire tree small tree down the road oblivious
lmfao. Okay, but its been on a lift and nothing like that was found. But maybe the wheel and the caliper may need to be removed to really see whats going on
Old 12-05-2017, 02:52 PM
joeylewy
Registered Member

Just been told after an inspection, rear wheel bearing suspected to be the problem...gonna get is fixed under warranty
Old 12-05-2017, 02:55 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Thanks for the update