Body Interior Exterior Lighting

A/C seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 08:24 PM
jgold92
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C seat issue

Hi, I recently purchased a 2010 Infiniti G37 conv and the seats were worn so I had our upholstery guy refinish them. For two days after they've been fine. Today I get in and when I start the car the light turns on, you can hear the ac box behind the drivers seat turn on, then the light goes out after about 5 second and the seats don't blow. I checked the filter behind the seat and it seems to be pretty clean, no dirtier than the passenger side, which was also painted. The passenger side is working fine. All the perforated holes seem to be fine. I would also like to mention even before being painted the drivers side ac blower was pretty loud. Any ideas as to why it's cutting off? Thanks in advanced.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:50 AM
Autocutter
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Been there with my 2010 vert. By the way, there is an actual filter under the seat bottom, the back of the seat is just a vent. Anyway, the dealership had to replace both the motor and switch though I suspect it was just the motor that was the problem since the switch would turn the system on; the repair cost was 1K.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:06 AM
jgold92
Registered Member

Awesome man thanks. A friend of mine that actually rebuilds salvage ones told me he may have the part and said it's literally two switches once the back panel is off- a 30 min install at most he says. Did yours do the same thing- when you started the car it would stay lit up for a few seconds? Also where exactly is this filter- idk what I was looking at than lol.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:49 AM
Autocutter
Registered Member

Yup when I turn the switch on it would light up and blow for about 3 seconds then it would shut down. Ok, the filter is pretty much dead center of the seat bottom, the color is black and it is round. You can get to it by raising the seat to full height and move it forward. You can then reach under the seat and twist it off- pretty much a quarter turn then pull it down. The dealership will of course take the seat out and charge you accordingly!
Old 05-14-2017, 11:31 AM
jgold92
Registered Member

I found it! Very easy to find! It's probably the motor. I'm going to go ahead and order one and have it done. Thanks so much for the help man!
Old 05-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Autocutter
Registered Member

Awesome! I agree I think it's the motor too; if it was the switch it never would turn on. Of course, I could be wrong, but once you pull the seat you'll be able to test the motor. Good luck!
Old 05-15-2017, 02:21 PM
JDunc

Originally Posted by jgold92
Awesome man thanks. A friend of mine that actually rebuilds salvage ones told me he may have the part and said it's literally two switches once the back panel is off- a 30 min install at most he says. Did yours do the same thing- when you started the car it would stay lit up for a few seconds? Also where exactly is this filter- idk what I was looking at than lol.
If you end up going this route, will you DIY or have a dealership replace it? Mine is doing the same thing and if it really is that simple I'm sure it would save a lot of money. May be worth looking into, although I've never seen anyone do it themselves.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:56 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
+1. Let us know what happens and how you resolve the issue.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:50 PM
Pnrymmf
Premier Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I have a 2013 and mine the switch light had started to go off and on and the ac work sometimes and then not. the dealer had checked it off and on since purchase so had a history so finally they just changed out the entire seat bottom and unit. they said he was frying the wiring for some reason. did at no cost and has been ok since.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:34 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
^ Thanks for the info!