Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Seat Fans

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 05:36 PM
PconPaul
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Fans

How loud are your seat fans? I. An definitely hear when the passenger seat fan is on but not so much the drivers.

Are there filters associated with these fans and if so how often do you change them.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2017, 06:47 AM
Autocutter
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mine are loud in position's 2 & 3. Yes there are filters, my owners manual states once a year. That said I don't use the system much so I have only changed them twice - mine is a 2010. Anyway, the filters are under the seat bottom and can be changed with out removing the seat since the filter is round and twists off and pulled down. Is it easy- nope, but it can be done by just raising the seat up and forward.
The following users liked this post:
kiseliok (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 08:36 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Yep, both are loud on 2 and especially 3.
I definitely need to check the filters - haven't touched them since I got the car last summer and we use the seat heat / cool a lot.
The fan mesh is actually pretty dirty ... does anyone have any suggestions on cleaning that? I'm thinking about using some compressed air without overspinning the fan (similar to computer fans).
Old 05-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Autocutter
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What I do is just vac the screen using the small vac brush head. Now if you still want to blow turn the fan on to position one then blow so it cleans the screen and fan blades, but pushes the dirt out through the screen keeping the dirt from entering the fan motor.