Multiple 2013 IPL G Coupe issues

Old 04-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Chesty5135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Multiple 2013 IPL G Coupe issues

I'll try to keep it short and sweet. Most likely I'll be bringing it to a local dealer, but I figured I'd post here first.

***First and foremost***
Back in December I was in a considerably bad accident and collided with a deer. Since then, around $14k in damages had to be performed on the car and these are some issues I've noticed since then.

A) Everytime I try to retract the hardtop, the dash says that the trunk is open. Turns out it is, and to finish the cycle I have to get out and push the trunk down so it locks and push the "top down" button again to finish the cycle.

B) One of the speakers (driver side door, large one by the leg) seems to be rattling like there's a loose cord or something. If I apply pressure with my hand, the rattle stops. Maybe loose cords or a screw?

C) I've noticed that the window "sealing" mechanism isn't completely seal-proof. I'm hearing a high-pitched whistle in the passenger back when I'm going high speeds. I try and put the window down then up again, it'll stop for a minute or two then come back. Almost like that rubber seal is loose.

Anyone have any history with these problems? Of course the roof rattles and squeaks going over bumps but it seems like most people have that issue.

Other than these things, the car has been working well since the accident. These issues have become very annoying and downright frightful at times, though
Old 04-25-2017, 11:47 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems, being in a serious accident tends to cause associated problems like you're finding. Hopefully someone on the vert side can chime in. Was your Infiniti dealer involved in any of the repairs? If so, they will hopefully be able to resolve the issues you're having. Not sure how the warranty works once you've been in an accident as it depends on where the damage occurred.
G/L and hopefully the frightful times in the car are coming to an end.

Search this Thread