Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

iOS 10 Bluetooth problem - with solution

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 03:25 PM
pburger
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
iOS 10 Bluetooth problem - with solution

2013 G37 vert with Navigation.

After my iPhone 6S got the iOS 10 update, my Bluetooth quit working right. Calls that I originated from the car worked fine, but when answering a call from the car, I could hear the caller, but they could not hear me at all. This happened on EVERY SINGLE INCOMING CALL. Very repeatable. The solution was to quickly switch to the handset and then switch back to the car. Then they could hear me. So, the handsfree feature was not hands-free at all. This was not only frustrating, but a safety issue, because it required attention to the phone to switch back and forth to get the audio to work, all before the caller hung up.

The SOLUTION: Service bulletin ITB 12-054b fixes it. Yes it does!! I believe they revved this bulletin up to the "B" version in September, 2016, shortly after iOS 10 came out.

My warranty expired in November 2016, and I didn't figure out that this was an Infinity problem until February, so I missed my warranty window. The dealership charged me $101 to apply this bulletin, which I believe is about a 10-minute update consisting of inserting a DVD and pushing a few buttons on the screen. Really?

Why isn't this a recall? It's a defect that has potential safety issues. They have obviously fixed it, and it's a very simple fix. Seems like a no-brainer. I wonder what happens when an accident happens after someone who has had hands-free

I tweeted @INFINITCare and their response was very weak: They said that the retailers are independently owned and can set their own prices. OK, great, but these "independent" retailers all carry the INFINITI name, don't they? The retailers are the front line contact with me, the consumer (i.e. - they guy actually BUYING the products). They posted two links - one where they "can document and review" my concerns, and the other where I "can view alternate options for future services". NEITHER LINK WORKED!! Seriously? They're supposed to have social media experts monitoring twitter, and they send me broken links?!

While typing this, the dealer called with their follow-up survey. I politely gave them my rant. They will have a manager call me.

I'll get over it in a few days.

Bottom line is that ITB 12-054b fixes the iOS 10 Bluetooth issue!! Woo-HOO!