Want to lower my Vert

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 09:57 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by pencap75
I decided to order the Ksports vert specific coils.

But since this forum seems to have issues with sharing info since the vert is so special (not a civic), I will not give any updates on my upcoming modification.

It was fun.
Bye guys.
This is BY FAR the friendliest forum I've ever seen so if you cannot handle it, you should probably just quit internet altogether.

You questions were:

"I wonder if this would better for our verts?
Should I be the guinea pig?"

No one answered because no one has tried this. VERY few owners modify their verts and all the options that have been tried have already been posted in this section.
If you are not willing to try something without someone spelling it out for you, you should reconsider modifying your car.

So, your options:
- Try something people have already done and enjoy
- Try something new and share your results
-- We'll likely be able to assist when you run into issues
- Leave the car as is, leave the forum, and do something that's a little less intimidating.
The following 2 users liked this post by kiseliok:
corey.grizzle (12-18-2017), Trezzay (12-18-2017)
Old 01-26-2018, 10:25 PM
studman
Florida G35 Club Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kiseliok
BC with swift springs and spc camber kits.
If you don’t mind me asking, what spring rate did you go with, and do you like them? I may have to pull the trigger soon on some new suspension as I’m at 110,000 miles on the original suspension. I’m not finding consistent information on spring rates, other than the 12 front / 8.7 rear that the KSports advertise.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:39 PM
bigc

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
^ If it helps, the spring rates for BC vert-specific coilovers are 12F / 10R.

I know because I have a new set for sale cheap in the marketplace
The following users liked this post:
studman (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 09:03 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Originally Posted by studman
If you don’t mind me asking, what spring rate did you go with, and do you like them? I may have to pull the trigger soon on some new suspension as I’m at 110,000 miles on the original suspension. I’m not finding consistent information on spring rates, other than the 12 front / 8.7 rear that the KSports advertise.
The swifts I have on are 12/10. This is a good 'medium' setup, imo. If you like taking it slow and want a softer ride, you can push it to 11/9, but I would not go lower, especially in the rear.
At the current rate the only time I have an issue is when doing 70+ and there is a big smooth dip that forces the @ss to drop hard, which only happens once every few months, depending on where you drive. BCs don't have separate adjustments for compression / rebound so you will either have to go with customer COs or play with spring rates.
At some point I might try going with 12/11 - that might be an optimal balance for me between DD and carving the mountains.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:40 AM
studman

Originally Posted by kiseliok
The swifts I have on are 12/10. This is a good 'medium' setup, imo. If you like taking it slow and want a softer ride, you can push it to 11/9, but I would not go lower, especially in the rear.
At the current rate the only time I have an issue is when doing 70+ and there is a big smooth dip that forces the @ss to drop hard, which only happens once every few months, depending on where you drive. BCs don't have separate adjustments for compression / rebound so you will either have to go with customer COs or play with spring rates.
At some point I might try going with 12/11 - that might be an optimal balance for me between DD and carving the mountains.
So I just noticed that you are here in Charlotte... is that still true? If so, PM me, as I'm local to you as well.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:24 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I'm in Charlotte as well. Not a vert driver though. Just a slick top sedan that's waiting for me to install the coil overs and wheels sitting in my garage

Where in Charlotte are you guys @kiseliok & @studman
Old 02-02-2018, 11:26 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

I'm on the east side - 485 and Albemarle.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:26 AM
studman

I’m down by Lake Wylie. I’m installing my BC Coilovers, SPC upper control arms, SPC rear toe bolts, SPL rear camber arms, and the failed lower control arms tomorrow. Then I’ll finish off the install by changing my transmission and diff fluid to Motul. Gonna be a fun day for me.

Have you checked out the Carolina Z Club? I’m a member with them and we just put up our calendar of events for the year. [CZC] Carolina Z Club - Carolina Z Club is the website.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:31 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

I haven't really met up with anyone specific, but went to a couple of c&c and lkn nissan takeover events. I had some work done at soho so it's good to see those guys at the events as well.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:51 PM
studman

Well, the vert is dropped on BC BR Coilovers with SPC Upper Control Arms in the front.

I’m still playing with getting it to the correct height. I put 20mm spacers on it, but they look like they will be too big once I get the alignment corrected, so I’m taking them off tomorrow. Once I fix the ride height to the final level, I’ll get the alignment done. Then I’ll put the spacers back on and determine what to do. I’m thinking I may need to go down to a 10mm based on what I see.

The BC BR Convertible-specific coilovers definitely are a good setup, as they feel similar to stock when adjusted 2 clicks towards Soft from neutral adjustment.

I had ordered SPL rear camber arms for the car, but the part they would replace does not exist on my car. There is the toe arm and the spring bucket, but no camber arm.

I’ll post up some pictures once I finish getting everything situated... it should be in the next day or two, depending on how the rest of my weekend maintenance goes.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:01 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

I was curious as to what spl arms you received; to the best of my knowledge no one makes rear camber arms for the vert.
SPC bolts should get you within spec, as long as you aren't dropping too low.

I have a set of 20mm, 15mm, and 5mm spacers I'll be playing around with soon. 15 will likely be the best fit with the stock sport wheels.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:01 PM
bigc

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by studman
Well, the vert is dropped on BC BR Coilovers with SPC Upper Control Arms in the front.

I’m still playing with getting it to the correct height. I put 20mm spacers on it, but they look like they will be too big once I get the alignment corrected, so I’m taking them off tomorrow. Once I fix the ride height to the final level, I’ll get the alignment done. Then I’ll put the spacers back on and determine what to do. I’m thinking I may need to go down to a 10mm based on what I see.

The BC BR Convertible-specific coilovers definitely are a good setup, as they feel similar to stock when adjusted 2 clicks towards Soft from neutral adjustment.

I had ordered SPL rear camber arms for the car, but the part they would replace does not exist on my car. There is the toe arm and the spring bucket, but no camber arm.

I’ll post up some pictures once I finish getting everything situated... it should be in the next day or two, depending on how the rest of my weekend maintenance goes.
I'm glad everything worked out for you. You're right that verts can't use traditional coupe rear camber arms, but that extra set of toe bolts can get you close to spec. There are a few threads on here showing where they go.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:18 PM
studman

The 20mm may work if you aren't dropped, but if you're close to rubbing, they are borderline. I'm curious how the 15mm vs 10mm will work. I'll be finishing up the install tomorrow (gotta lower the front right wheel 1/2") and then trying to get an alignment if Firestone can still fit me in.

@kiseliok - If you're bored tomorrow before the game, feel free to swing by. The wife doesn't get home until the game starts.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:19 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Had plans for this morning, plus the weather was complete crap earlier.
I won't be doing anything with the car until it gets warmer, but we can meet up some time soon and I'll grab 15mm spacers for you to try out.