Want to lower my Vert

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 08:42 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
3rd time was the charm ? lol
Yes! Sorry didn't send you an update - new house, moving, etc.
The ride is great and most importantly - I don't have to take the COs off to adjust the rears.
Now that everything is settled, I might drop the front by another 1/4" to even everything out and it'll be all done.

Thanks for all your help with the parts and advice!
Old 05-12-2017, 06:34 AM
GoodGalz
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had my Eibach Springs for about 3 years. I'm happy with the drop and I found the handling did improve. I recently added Eibach front and rear sway bars and that resulted in a big handling improvement. I'd really like to install coilovers but it's not in the budget right now. The only problem, as I believe all lowered vert owners have experienced, is the rear camber/toe issue. I had the Eibach front camber kit installed but as far as I know, a rear camber kit is not available for the vert but if that's changed or if anyone has come up with a solution, please let me know. I also found, after installing the springs, that the wheels were recessed more than stock so I added front and rear spacers.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:51 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
They don't make a rear camber arm setup, but you can still get your camber/toe adjusted to spec by using the SPC camber bolt/toe bolt kits. You need one kit (2 bolts) for the camber arm bolt, and another 2 bolt kit for the toe bolts. This will require elongating the bolt slots w/ a dremel tool, but not a bad job. The kits are about $25 each. Quite a few vert owners w/ lowered Gs have gone this route and it works well.
Here's a link to the job (this shows just the toe bolt getting installed, but same procedure for the camber bolt)~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...-template.html

And the actual kit you'd need (x2)
https://thmotorsports.com/i-396790.a...FQipaQod40MFsQ

BTW, nice shots of that clean vert!
The following users liked this post:
GoodGalz (05-30-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 11:14 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Yep, what Brad said, you'll need 4 bolts and you'll get yourself in spec. Verts are pretty low from factory so unless you are scraping the ground, the drop isn't all that drastic and it's relatively easy to adjust.

I love the spoiler on that thing, btw. Did yours come with one? Looks so much better than the chrome lip.
Also, were the headlights modified? There is no orange strip on the side..
GoodGalz (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 10:29 PM
GoodGalz
Registered Member

Thanks!

Thank you kiseliok and blnewt for letting me know how you fixed the rear camber/toe issue with the vert. It seems the fix is not real complicated and resolves the problem. Thanks again!
Old 05-30-2017, 10:39 PM
GoodGalz
Registered Member

Re Mods

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Regarding my mods, yes, I did have the headlights slightly darkened and the orange strip removed. I found the spoiler on this site. It's an Infiniti OEM product but they stopped making it about 4 years ago. Then I found a My G37 forum member who was selling them but that was a couple of years ago as well. I am real happy with the spoiler because it uses the original backup camera.

Thanks again for your help with the camber/toe fix.
kiseliok (05-31-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 02:08 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Your #1 Infiniti Vendor!

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
If anyone is interested in lowering their convertible. Shoot us a message and we'll get you a great price!

-Josh
Old 07-14-2017, 12:11 AM
3POINT8

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
wow ! the Eibachs look so good on the G !
Old 08-14-2017, 11:43 PM
FLG37sVert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first post. Still got a long way to go. <br/>#Rohana #RohanaRF1 #RohanaWheels #20x10 #20x11 #D2 #D2Coilvers #TruHart #TruHartCamberKit
Old 08-15-2017, 02:32 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Camber kit - front or rear? Link?
What springs do you have on d2s? Any issues with the COs themselves?
What are the offsets on the wheels? Spacers in the back?
Rubbing anywhere? Shaved rear bumper brackets?

This picture is pretty awful though. Can you post the original one? All that 'shopping is taking away from the true beauty of your car.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:09 AM
pencap75
Registered Member

Anyone know what the spring rates are for the stock vert vs sport vs IPL?

I have an 2013 IPL vert and I want get rid of the ugly wheel gap with a mild drop, but I don't want to mess with ride too much. Wondering if there is a way to midly drop while preserving the stiff handling of the stock IPL vert.

My only minimal regret with the IPL vert is lack of aftermarket parts. I see tons of modified g37 coupes in my area and wrongly assumed coupe/vert parts are the same. I still have my first car I ever bought, a 2000 Celica GT and loved modding it. Hoping to do it with my G37 ipl vert, but with so little aftermarket support, I'll probably keep it stock. As someone mentioned in an earlier post, stock vert is the old lady going to tennis practice car.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:42 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

LOL!
"stock vert is the old lady going to tennis practice car"

If that's how people see me then so be it. I have a roof down and they don't. BOOM!

Go through the latest 10 vert threads or so and you'll find a bunch of stuff I posted about aftermarket parts. There is plenty of crossover and your biggest issues would be with the rear suspension and rear body.
Also, read through cereak2k's build thread - he went through A LOT of trial and error and his thread is like a vert modding bible at this point.

If you want off-the-shelf springs, I think Eibachs (earlier in this thread) is your best bet.
If you want to step it up a notch, custom swifts.
Personally, I recommend coilovers for these cars with 12/10 or even 12/11kg swifts. It's a bit pricey, but you will absolutely not regret it.
Attached Thumbnails Want to lower my Vert-vert2.1_edit.jpg  
Old 08-16-2017, 11:45 PM
FLG37sVert

my bad on the delay. Yes front and rear camber but not adjusted yet. Yes d2 springs. Off sets +25 & +28. No spacers. No rubbing. No shaved rear bumper bracket. Sorry for the pic, I wanted to see what the wheels would like bright.
kiseliok (08-18-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 08:58 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Originally Posted by FLG37sVert
my bad on the delay. Yes front and rear camber but not adjusted yet. Yes d2 springs. Off sets +25 & +28. No spacers. No rubbing. No shaved rear bumper bracket. Sorry for the pic, I wanted to see what the wheels would like bright.
Thanks for the response!
What are the specs for d2 springs? Stock convertible ones? 8.7 rear?
What setting (clicks) are your coilovers at?
Did you have truhart make you a custom kit? Would you happen to have a part number?

Since you have some unique parts I'm trying to figure out what all the settings are so we can document it and have it available for others.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:21 PM
FLG37sVert

Originally Posted by kiseliok
Thanks for the response!
What are the specs for d2 springs? Stock convertible ones? 8.7 rear?
What setting (clicks) are your coilovers at?
Did you have truhart make you a custom kit? Would you happen to have a part number?

Since you have some unique parts I'm trying to figure out what all the settings are so we can document it and have it available for others.

my boys shop order them for me. I actually got my wheels three weeks before I got my co. They took about four weeks to come in. I'll look to see for the part nunber. The settings is off since they wanted my suspension to be soft. But it bounces too much. I'm just too busy with work to go in to adjustive. Unfortunately we've been talking to Rohana since my front wheels don't match the color of the rears. Once I fix my issue with Rohana, I'll fix the setting on the co, and finally on the camber.