Want to lower my Vert

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 11:28 AM
HottRodd

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kiseliok
Looks great. Now you just need a proper set of brakes.

taking baby steps
Old 03-30-2017, 09:06 AM
iyaman
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hottrod, can you please take a couple of pics looking down to see how the wheels and tires sits in relation to the fenders. Both front and rear please. Thank you.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:24 AM
HottRodd

Originally Posted by iyaman
Hottrod, can you please take a couple of pics looking down to see how the wheels and tires sits in relation to the fenders. Both front and rear please. Thank you.
Will do.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:55 PM
HottRodd

Originally Posted by iyaman

Front

Rear

Rear

From the front

From the rear
The following 4 users liked this post by HottRodd:
blnewt (03-31-2017), iyaman (04-01-2017), kiseliok (03-31-2017), Trezzay (04-12-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 06:58 PM
iyaman
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you very much Sir! Very much appreciated.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:04 AM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the part number on the spc bolt kit? Is this convertible specific? Tired of the wearing on the inner part of my rear tires and replacing them almost every year..
Old 04-07-2017, 09:55 AM
HottRodd

Originally Posted by stevelam
What's the part number on the spc bolt kit? Is this convertible specific? Tired of the wearing on the inner part of my rear tires and replacing them almost every year..

This is the Part number: Specialty Products Company 72265 Rear Cam for Nissan G35. It is not Specific for the vert. it is actually made for G35 coupe but they work on G37 convertible. Depending on how low you are it may not get you back in specs but it will help. It got my toe in spec and camber is slightly out but was worse before the install.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:26 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Yep, 2 sets of bolts will get you pretty close. I don't have any extra wear with a mild drop.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:25 PM
muadib69

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HottRodd

Looks great. Did you install it yourself? Can you take a picture when you are in the car and have the top down? I have a feeling the rear will sag because of the weight when top is down.

I have my blue vert almost 2 yrs now and been contemplating dropping it on springs. For a while there weren't any vert specific springs from major manufacturer. Until (recently?), HR now has part # 53030-2 made specific for "roadster" which is another name for the vert.

My warranty is now over so I am ready to pull the springs for the HR. I just wish that someone has it installed on the vert so I can see exactly how it looks. I have a base model so running on stock (staggered) 18's. I also have 20mm spacers in rear and 15mm in front.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Deylo
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HR Spring

Originally Posted by HottRodd
Will do.
Is it possible to take a photo when the Roof are open with Front and Rear.
The Rear will have a lot more Weight when it is open. Can you tell use the Gap (Distance) between Fender and Tire on the Rear.
Thanks for your Support.
Best Regards
Eric
Old 05-02-2017, 10:55 AM
HottRodd

Originally Posted by muadib69
Looks great. Did you install it yourself? Can you take a picture when you are in the car and have the top down? I have a feeling the rear will sag because of the weight when top is down.

I have my blue vert almost 2 yrs now and been contemplating dropping it on springs. For a while there weren't any vert specific springs from major manufacturer. Until (recently?), HR now has part # 53030-2 made specific for "roadster" which is another name for the vert.

My warranty is now over so I am ready to pull the springs for the HR. I just wish that someone has it installed on the vert so I can see exactly how it looks. I have a base model so running on stock (staggered) 18's. I also have 20mm spacers in rear and 15mm in front.

It looks the exact same with the top open. The cars weight is the same lol. I will take the pics when I get a chance, it's been raining here. To me it doesn't sag. It may seem lower in the back because it cuts the top of the rear tire by like a 1/2 inch or less. But looking at it from ground clearance the drop is even or the front may be a tad lower. With the wheels I have, deep concave, most ppl think I have 2 different size wheels, 21's rear and 20's front. Also the more aggressive your offset the less "saggy" it will seem. Personally I am verrrry satisfied with the drop. Rides great, doesn't bottom out, ride is soft and comfortable, no trouble at all with speed bumps. Every time I drive it get lots of compliments..ppl taking pics etc. FYI the H&R's are a much bigger drop...they will slam your car. Google G37 convertible lowered on H&R springs. I saw those as well...pics is saw are much lower.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:02 AM
HottRodd

Originally Posted by Deylo
Is it possible to take a photo when the Roof are open with Front and Rear.
The Rear will have a lot more Weight when it is open. Can you tell use the Gap (Distance) between Fender and Tire on the Rear.
Thanks for your Support.
Best Regards
Eric
There is no gap in the rear. it cuts the tip of the tire. there is maybe a 1/2 inch or less gap in the front. I will post top down pics when the weather clears up.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:04 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

People taking pics?! Intriguing. Where in NC are you? Charlotte area is littered with Gs so no one really cares no matter what it looks like.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:23 AM
HottRodd

Originally Posted by kiseliok
People taking pics?! Intriguing. Where in NC are you? Charlotte area is littered with Gs so no one really cares no matter what it looks like.
I live in Greensboro. Plenty of G's here too..my second one. Not many verts lowered with aftermarket wheels. Have only seen one other with wheels, NONE lowered, other than mine. Most verts around here are driven by older women who look like they just left tennis practice. Drove it to Atlanta and got the same reaction on the highway...no pics of course but several thumbs up. Got it lowered at a shop connected to a dealership and they said it was the 1st one they had done or seen. Had done plenty of coupes and sedans, NO verts. to me, once I dropped it it completely changed the look. When I was at factory height with rims, barely got any attention even with the top down. but once I dropped it ppl noticed it more, even ppl who had seen it before.."is that the same car?"
Old 05-02-2017, 11:36 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Yea, SOHO said they haven't worked on another vert either so I hear ya on the uniqueness for sure. Blue stands out even more so and people still generally don't care. I get a lot of looks, but rarely anyone asks what it is, which is not a bad thing, honestly.

We were at Natty Greene's last weekend. Downtown was a complete zoo. It was non-stop loud bikes, cars, trains, no parking, etc, etc. Reminded me of a daytona bike week. Completely mess. haha.
Beer was awesome though!
The following users liked this post:
HottRodd (05-02-2017)