MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Convertible (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-convertible-349/)
-   -   I found a G37S with cooled seats? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-convertible/256357-i-found-a-g37s-with-cooled-seats.html)

2cold 03-15-2014 11:45 PM

I found a G37S with cooled seats?

Hello everyone. I plan to purchase a 2011 G37 vert within the next few months and I have a couple of questions.

I have done my research and I realize that the ventilated seats aren't available with the sports package however, I have since come across a couple of cars that are G37S models with heated and cooled seats. I didn't think this was possible. The cars also have automatic transmissions, but the only "sport" models I can find information on are all manuals. I just want to be sure that the dealership didn't just stick an "S" on the back of a G37 base.

Any information will be greatly appreciated....

Racindaddy 03-16-2014 01:07 AM

The Sport is available with an automatic trans. I have no idea about the seats.

John B 03-16-2014 04:17 AM

It means that the sport package is added to the car as an option, not a true sport because they only come one way. Example... You have the sedan sport which is 6 mt then you have the journey with the sport package. Which could have technology package etc.you still get all the performance enhancements but it's an automatic.

G37Sam 03-16-2014 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by John B (Post 3751991)
It means that the sport package is added to the car as an option, not a true sport because they only come one way. Example... You have the sedan sport which is 6 mt then you have the journey with the sport package. Which could have technology package etc.you still get all the performance enhancements but it's an automatic.

This is confusing. All packages on a car are options ordered by the dealer. No difference between a true sports and an optional sports package.

If the car has the sports package, then it will have sport brakes and seats. Wheels and bumpers are easy to add on, seats and brakes aren't as cheap/easy. If the car has them, you're good to go along with the bumper and 19" wheels, the car's 99% got the sports package.

John B 03-16-2014 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by G37Sam (Post 3751998)
This is confusing. All packages on a car are options ordered by the dealer. No difference between a true sports and an optional sports package.

If the car has the sports package, then it will have sport brakes and seats. Wheels and bumpers are easy to add on, seats and brakes aren't as cheap/easy. If the car has them, you're good to go along with the bumper and 19" wheels, the car's 99% got the sports package.

It's really not confusing at all. That's why there are the journey sport and then just the sport. The journey sport is a base journey with different packages added like the technology and the sport package.

John B 03-16-2014 08:36 AM

Hopefully this website won't confuse you http://infinitihelp.com/models/2011/...ifications.php

G37Sam 03-16-2014 09:23 AM

It's not the packages/variants that are confusing. It's the way you described them in your post :p

Sports package is sports package, it happens to be standard on a 6MT but it's no different from what you get on the AT.

2cold 03-16-2014 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by John B (Post 3751991)

So does a car having an "S" on the back mean nothing? I have seen some models that claim to be sport models with no S on the back. It has the front bumper and sports seats, just no S on the back.

This stuff is so confusing... thats why I decided to ask you experts, lol

John B 03-16-2014 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by G37Sam (Post 3752016)
It's not the packages/variants that are confusing. It's the way you described them in your post :p

Sports package is sports package, it happens to be standard on a 6MT but it's no different from what you get on the AT.

Right!! But the question included cooled seats and maybe I didn't explain it well enough but I tried to explain how you could get those seats with a sport model G. You can't get cooled seats with a sport 6mt because it's not packaged like that.

GoFightNguyen 03-16-2014 12:30 PM

You can theoretically swap cooled seats from the vert into a coupe, but I think it is far, far, more likely that they don't know what they are talking about.

bschurr 03-16-2014 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by John B (Post 3752064)
Right!! <snip>. You can't get cooled seats with a sport 6mt because it's not packaged like that.

This ^^^^

ajg382 03-17-2014 01:02 PM

G37S with cooled seats

I have a 2011 G37S Limited edition. This car has an automatic with paddle shifters, 19 In wheels with summer tires, large brakes and has heated and cooled seats. The limited edition package has all the options except the 6MT, and the sport seats.

Regards,

Tony

ATLcple 04-04-2014 03:07 PM

2cold... When I was looking for a G37vert, I also saw that MOST of the G37S Sport models only had the heated seats (not the heated AND cooled seats). Also...the S-models, IF equipped with the AUTO transmission (which, yes, IS available with the Sport model) will also give you the steering wheel mounted paddle shifters. MOST G37 auto cars DO NOT have the paddle shifters since they are not Sport models. My G37vert (non-Sport model) has the 7speed auto transmission with NO paddle shifters...the only way to manually shift is with the shifter-gate on the console shift.

I DID find ONE G37S with the heated AND cooled seats..the dealer explained that this was a VERY UNIQUE way to order your car since you would be paying extra for the SPORT model (which includes the sport seats...lighter, bigger bolsters, thigh support extensions) and then giving those very seats BACK to Infiniti when you ask for the regular seats with heating and cooling (just to get the cooling feature). You are basically paying for the Sport seats but then not getting them in order to get your G37S with heated and cooled seats.
Anyway, right or wrong, that is what I was told by a dealer. And, yes, I saw ONE example of a G37S with heated and cooled seats...and they were the NON-Sport seats in a Sport model car.

Of course, the previous poster just gave you an example of another way to get heated/cooled seats on a Sport...buy a Limited model!

miketyler 04-13-2014 09:38 AM

Not to hijack this thread but just to expand a bit on the heated/cooled seat options....

I am an extreme DIY type and would be interested in modifying my Sport seats with the vented/cooling capability. I know the inflatable bolsters may present issues but I would really like to add this option and keep the Sport seats intact.

Does anyone know what the dependent equipment is inside the heated and cooled seat? I know the console controls/wiring harness would also have to be considered.

mongo138 04-18-2014 09:42 AM

Here is what I have in my G37s Vert
2011 Shadow Gray with Graphite seats and the Aluminum trim.
It has the Sport 18 /19 combo upgraded brakes and the heated and cold seats.
Also the paddles to shift gears. No spare just the slime kit.
So maybe it is possible?
Or rare but it wasn't cheap $54k sticker in 2011