G37 Vert Interior Rattling noises

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:00 AM
crazysim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Vert Interior Rattling noises

Sup fellas,

Ok, my 2012 vert has been making some annoying rattling noises in the interior of the car. Its not the hardtop because I had taken it to the deal right after I got it and that noise completely went away.
The noises I'm hearing are like a light baby rattle, and it is EXTREMELY annoying.
Location of the rattle, the first one is coming from the rear windows. At first I thought it was the seatbelt so I buckled them and still the same noise, and even if I open the windows it still makes that noise so I'm not sure exactly where it comes from. It happens to both sides but a lot more on the right rear window side. The only thing that I'm thinking it could be is that panel right under the rear windshield rattling because it doesn't (at least that I can hear) make that noise when the roof is open.
The second rattle which just started happening is on the front dash, the area it seems to be coming from is directly over/behind the navi screen, again extremely annoying.
I don't hear them when I make the music loud, which I sometimes do just to drown out the rattling but in the morning on the way to work when I'm listening to the news or a talk show its the only thing I focus on.

Any ideas? I'm going to take it to the dealer hopefully soon but if its something stupid that I can fix on my own, I would rather not make the trip.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:21 AM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
welcome to the many convertible owners who complains about the rattling, i dont have any rattling where yours is coming from, my hardtop is the problem
Old 11-02-2012, 02:44 PM
crazysim

My hardtop issue was fixed, it doesn't make any noise now. But these other rattles there so annoying.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 AM
JohnsVert

Originally Posted by crazysim
My hardtop issue was fixed, it doesn't make any noise now. But these other rattles there so annoying.
Your extremely lucky your hardtop was fixed , no matter how many times I went back to the dealer the problem is still there , and the dealers excuse is "that all convertibles rattle"
Old 11-11-2012, 12:10 AM
mng37conv

Mine is going in for the first time Monday. 5K on it and the car is lucky I love driving it. Otherwise it's close to a bucket of bolts for noise.

I have interior rattles, hardtop rattles, and trunk rattles. I also have squeaking brakes (all the time, not related to moisture).

Again, I love the car and just turn up the radio and don't hear any noise. But this car is nasty for rattles.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM
crazysim

My brakes squeak too, but only when in reverse.
The car is going in on thursday for my first oil change so im going to leave it for them to fix.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:18 PM
mng37conv

Originally Posted by crazysim
My brakes squeak too, but only when in reverse.
The car is going in on thursday for my first oil change so im going to leave it for them to fix.
Mine are fine in reverse from what I can remember. Let me know if they find a solution for yours.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:42 PM
venkatsharat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rattles raise my blood pressure
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 AM
akochman

I have had the vert for 2 years. rattles have plagued this car since the first month I got it. I have taken it to the dealership countless times to try to fix it these rattles/squeaks but not much has been done. I have noticed that the worst of them come from the rear windows (back glass as well as the 2 rear side windows. Incredibly annoying but not sure there is anything that can be done about it. Just another one of the quirks of this car.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM
crazysim

Brought it in this morning, picked up after a few hours.
No more rattles anywhere (HURRAY), brakes no longer squeak
got a free oil change.
good deal lol

The tech who worked on my car, who fixed the creaking bulletin the first time, said the 09,10 and early 11's have really bad rattling problems, the 12s they kinda fixed.

The service report says for the rattling it was the plastic clips holding the headliner was tapping against the roof, they moved it to a location it wouldnt touch
for the brakes it said there was scoring, they resurfaced them and all is good now.

In the end my car doesnt rattle or squeak anymore so im satisfied
Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 AM
rza2042

Originally Posted by venkatsharat
rattles raise my blood pressure
+1 to rattles raising BP
Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 PM
weaver

I love my 2011 vert, but never buying another one. For $53K, I expected better. My lease is up in April of 2014, so just gonna turn it in and maybe lease a sedan or a vette. Not sure if I want to go with a two seater or if I would like a back seat and a trunk.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Trincap

Haven't posted in awhile but; I had rattles too. The problem was three fold. One, the little ***** on the rope that pulls/guides the top down banged against the roof. That was the ping ping ping sound. Two, the rat a tat tat sound was from the clips holding the liner on. The final one had to do with the glass in the roof. Never did get that one fixed. I loved the look of the car but moved on. Wouldn't buy it again. My current convertibles don't rattle at all. . . anywhere.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:44 AM
mng37conv

Originally Posted by Trincap
Haven't posted in awhile but; I had rattles too. The problem was three fold. One, the little ***** on the rope that pulls/guides the top down banged against the roof. That was the ping ping ping sound. Two, the rat a tat tat sound was from the clips holding the liner on. The final one had to do with the glass in the roof. Never did get that one fixed. I loved the look of the car but moved on. Wouldn't buy it again. My current convertibles don't rattle at all. . . anywhere.
What are your current convertibles? I'm considering another one.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Trincap

Audi S5 Convertible
Ferrari California
Ferrari 458 Spyder (red)
Ferrari 458 Spyder (yellow)
Ferrari 250 GT California (OK that rattles a little but the car is 51 years old after all)
The S5 is a great car. I'd suggest it to anyone. If you do get it, then get the chip upgrade (440 HP) and consider the StaSis or AWE exhaust.
I'm considering picking up this 599 Aperta which is also a convertible. Jury's out whether I will or not. And the Mclaren MP4 convert should get here in a few months.

Quick Reply: G37 Vert Interior Rattling noises