BC Racing Coilovers for Vert Available

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 12:23 PM
StrangeG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a 2012 Base Convertible in May and have been unhappy with the ride. I have had modified cars in the past (chromeroadster on 350z.com, Stillen SC, suspension upgrades). I also currently have a 2008 350z with no mods. The difference in ride quality between my G and my Z is massive. So far, I have added Stillen front and rear sway bars and a GTEC strut brace to the G. I don't race, but still would like to have much better performance on the road and I would like to eliminate the pogo effect I feel on rough roads.

I have emailed BC and I am awaiting a response. I am considering the Swift Springs and I would love some input from someone with more suspension experience about that decision and what spring rates would be appropriate.

Thanks for any input.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
eealessa
Registered Member

I got a reply to my inquiry, and I’ve paid them for the vert coilovers, hop it will be here in couple of weeks.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:25 PM
StrangeG

I went ahead and ordered too - I ordered on 8/9/12 - but I ordered the swift springs, so the coilovers have to be drop shipped to BC, then they install the springs, then ship them to me. So I assume it will be several weeks.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:41 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by StrangeG
I went ahead and ordered too - I ordered on 8/9/12 - but I ordered the swift springs, so the coilovers have to be drop shipped to BC, then they install the springs, then ship them to me. So I assume it will be several weeks.
if you don't mind me asking, how much are they charging for the coils? PM if you don't want to disclose in forum.

thanks
Old 08-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Lake,an
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I paid $1,320.00 with Swift upgrade.?maybe I could have shop it,But what the hell.Ordered them through BC.They told me two weeks for them to get them from overseas and one week to do the Swift springs and ship.Total three weeks.We will see ?
Old 08-30-2012, 04:16 PM
StrangeG

Anyone receive the BC Coilovers for the Vert yet? Still waiting for mine.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Lake,an
Registered Member

BC call yesterday and said that they were shipping mine out 2 day air.I have a tracking #.I did the Swift upgrade.I was going to install them this weekend,But it is going to be a bitch with a cast on my hand and everyone leaving town for Labor Day.Anyone want to come by and help Free beer!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Lake,an
Registered Member

Anyone receive the BC Coilovers for the Vert yet? Still waiting for mine.
Strange,I think we ordered around the same time.Give them a call and talk with Kerry,They should be ready or very close...
Old 09-04-2012, 01:36 PM
StrangeG

My BC coilovers are installed. The ride is great - I am running them at full dampening and the ride is not brutal at all.

Now I really need camber adjustment - I spoke to SPL this morning and they are willing to try to find a solution, but they need to see the upper control arm for the rear of the convertible. I am in the SF Bay Area, so I can't go see them in Austin, TX. Is there anyone in Austin (with or without any suspension modifications) that would be willing to stop by and let them inspect the upper rear control arm? PM me if you prefer and I can connect you to the right person. Also, is there somewhere else I should post this to get more reach?
Old 09-04-2012, 03:26 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
My BC coilovers are installed. The ride is great - I am running them at full dampening and the ride is not brutal at all.

Now I really need camber adjustment - I spoke to SPL this morning and they are willing to try to find a solution, but they need to see the upper control arm for the rear of the convertible. I am in the SF Bay Area, so I can't go see them in Austin, TX. Is there anyone in Austin (with or without any suspension modifications) that would be willing to stop by and let them inspect the upper rear control arm? PM me if you prefer and I can connect you to the right person. Also, is there somewhere else I should post this to get more reach?
Congrats!!

Please post a pic in the vert pic share and add a photo maybe to the vert lowering database.

You can probably reach out to the south section under the regional area of the forum.

There is also a droptop group but unfortunately the forum does not send a notice for new posts, but you can pose the request there.

It's good to know SPL is stepping up. SPC did not.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:14 PM
teahead
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
Necro post.

Curious why BC's website shows Extenders as an option?

BC Racing BR Series Coilover- 09-13 Infiniti G37 Convertible V36

Also, it gives you option for the front mounts??? That true?

RS Type= Rubber style Front and Rear tophats included
RA Type= Pillowball front tophat and either rubber style rear tophat or re-use OEM
RH Type= Pillowball front and rear tophats included

Which one to choose?
Old 02-11-2019, 10:30 PM
Infinibini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by teahead
Necro post.

Curious why BC's website shows Extenders as an option?

BC Racing BR Series Coilover- 09-13 Infiniti G37 Convertible V36

Also, it gives you option for the front mounts??? That true?

RS Type= Rubber style Front and Rear tophats included
RA Type= Pillowball front tophat and either rubber style rear tophat or re-use OEM
RH Type= Pillowball front and rear tophats included

Which one to choose?
I just received my BC Racing coilovers about 30 minutes ago! I ordered the extenders because I didn't know the new design moved the adjusters to the side. Hopefully I can return the extenders...

Last edited by Infinibini; 02-11-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:30 PM
teahead
Registered Member

The extenders might still be helpful? I.e. adjust w/just the car jacked up, but not having to take the wheel off?

No way to drill a hole in the trunk and pass them through there?

What front mount option did you choose? RA? RH?
Old 02-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Infinibini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by teahead
The extenders might still be helpful? I.e. adjust w/just the car jacked up, but not having to take the wheel off?

No way to drill a hole in the trunk and pass them through there?

What front mount option did you choose? RA? RH?
I was confused because when I ordered mine I only had one option. None of that top hat stuff, I think it's because my car is 2008 or something. Hopefully I didn't make an idiotic choice by not researching enough...

anyway, the extenders don't fit because they moved the adjusting **** to the side of the strut, so now you can just reach under the wheel and adjust it without too much trouble.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:22 PM
teahead
Registered Member

Do they come w/a wrench?

Quick Reply: BC Racing Coilovers for Vert Available