BC Racing Coilovers for Vert Available

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 01:04 AM
jaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
forum newbie

Good day all, a lot of work was done here. saved me so much grief. What is the quality of these coil overs? is it a good brand in general .... or are you looking at this option because there is no others.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Last edited by jaz; 04-03-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:33 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Hey Jaz, we are looking at this as the only option at this time.
Sidenote, no response to my 3/22/12 query on an update.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:16 PM
jaz

hummm .... i'm gonna try to look them up tomorrow.
what are you using now? still Eibachs called them and was told if i can bring the car down, they would try to find something that works for it ... but they are in LA i think. about 4k one way for me ..
Old 04-05-2012, 11:34 PM
jaz

Hey cereal2k, called them. Same deal not out as yet, in the works.
They said I should send an e-mail to sales@bcracing-na.com and they will keep me posted
So, I am not sure what’s going on. What are you all using right now? I’ve seen a few people just drop the front. Will that make the back look lower as well, or will just achieve hot rod status?
Any other suggestions while we are waiting, I’m going keep using my stock 19’s but I feel like I’m driving a truck at times …..lol
Old 04-07-2012, 05:42 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by jaz
hummm .... i'm gonna try to look them up tomorrow.
what are you using now? still Eibachs called them and was told if i can bring the car down, they would try to find something that works for it ... but they are in LA i think. about 4k one way for me ..

running eibach coupe springs for now............. thinking of putting g37 coupe springs on the rear.

Originally Posted by jaz
Hey cereal2k, called them. Same deal not out as yet, in the works.
They said I should send an e-mail to sales@bcracing-na.com and they will keep me posted
So, I am not sure what’s going on. What are you all using right now? I’ve seen a few people just drop the front. Will that make the back look lower as well, or will just achieve hot rod status?
Any other suggestions while we are waiting, I’m going keep using my stock 19’s but I feel like I’m driving a truck at times …..lol
There likely will be a little rake if the rear is not dropped. Go for it and see.
Tanabe springs on the front or the new swift spings may be ideal, but I'd check around for pics on the coupe to see and also some one else may go with swift springs all around.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:10 PM
jaz

Hey sorry for the late reply cereal2k, couldn’t find the time to jump on-line. Thanks for the info, called swift they said they do not have a package specifically for the vert either. However they are not dropping it as far so that might work better for me. Did you ever get around to switching to the coupe springs, if so how did that work out for you?
swift also seems to give you the option to do a little custom tailoring, I’m going to give them a call again and see if they have a shop that could try out some fitments in Canada. Is it just me or does this seems like a royal pain….

Yeah, first vert, and must say will **not** be my last one. Kinda hooked on them now …lol

I can see me bugging you all about wheels next, 19 or 20’ and what width works. Not meaning to bug, just trying to catch up …lol
Old 04-22-2012, 05:33 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by jaz
Hey sorry for the late reply cereal2k, couldn’t find the time to jump on-line. Thanks for the info, called swift they said they do not have a package specifically for the vert either. However they are not dropping it as far so that might work better for me. Did you ever get around to switching to the coupe springs, if so how did that work out for you?
swift also seems to give you the option to do a little custom tailoring, I’m going to give them a call again and see if they have a shop that could try out some fitments in Canada. Is it just me or does this seems like a royal pain….

Yeah, first vert, and must say will **not** be my last one. Kinda hooked on them now …lol

I can see me bugging you all about wheels next, 19 or 20’ and what width works. Not meaning to bug, just trying to catch up …lol
I've not switched them out just yet. Plan to get a camber kit installed on the front first, while I await some updated time estimate from BC. Regarding wheels definitely check out out the wheels and tires section (there is a vert specific post there) and we can go from there. if you really want to be adventurous you could probably rock a 13 inch wide wheel with some stretched tires. Just depends on what you are going for.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM
jaz

13” wide huh….. yeah, kind of scared of the stretched look. I think the exposed rim edge would be calling for curb rash..lol
So question for you folks, I had another long call with the guys at swift springs. So, after talking to him for a bit he mentioned. That if I could show that there is a demand to have this he can talk to upper management to move this forward. Do you think there is enough demand for this or is it just us?
I guess the second question is swift a line that you folks would want to go with?
We went through a couple of things and based on the specs I gave him he did some quick calculations and could see where there could be an issue.
I explained that the vert is approximately 450lbs heavier than the coupe
With a 52/48 to 50/50 weight distribution can’t really find a straight answer.
So based on some calculations, he can see where there is a lot of hit and miss along with re-pack and sell on-line when buying springs for the vert. So the reason why I brought this up with him, is they already have an option to provid your desired spring height and rate and they will custom make the springs.
Thoughts …..?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:44 PM
wilbcol

hey guys, just wanted to update you on the BC coils. I dont have an update... as a matter of fact dont have the vert any more. traded it on a 12 FX 50. Got tired of the rattling top, local dealer got me out of the vert and into the 50 at cost. Not sure why BC has not released the kit, it was ready many months ago. The kit worked worked great and the craftmenship was second to none. Hopefully you can get them to move on it.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:10 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by wilbcol
hey guys, just wanted to update you on the BC coils. I dont have an update... as a matter of fact dont have the vert any more. traded it on a 12 FX 50. Got tired of the rattling top, local dealer got me out of the vert and into the 50 at cost. Not sure why BC has not released the kit, it was ready many months ago. The kit worked worked great and the craftmenship was second to none. Hopefully you can get them to move on it.
too bad to see your vert go. but yes, I am having similar issues with mine as well. In fact my ride is at the dealer right now. But not a bad switch. I got the fx 35 as a loaner and it was baddass so am guessing the fx50 is even more insane. But I just need that third pedal. The g with the top down is just priceless. I had the biggest smile driving top down last night.

but hey, do you still have the bc coils with ya. if you do. i'll take em off your hands
Old 06-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Doc750

Any update?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:23 PM
eealessa
Registered Member

Any update?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Lake,an
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The coil over for the vert is ready.They have none in stock.They have to build them.I ordered them on Friday.I went with the Swift spring upgrade.12k lbs rear spring,10k front.2 to 3 weeks to build.I am going to give them a try.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Drewabbs

Updates post install

To speed up the turn around on the post install review.....you should probably get your before pictures taken today.

Originally Posted by Lake,an
The coil over for the vert is ready.They have none in stock.They have to build them.I ordered them on Friday.I went with the Swift spring upgrade.12k lbs rear spring,10k front.2 to 3 weeks to build.I am going to give them a try.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:06 AM
eealessa
Registered Member

I send them an email two days ago, no response tell now.

Also I’m waiting for the refund from KW this thread will explain:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...03-kw-wtf.html

I hate that the BC is the only option for the vert

Last edited by eealessa; 08-06-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: BC Racing Coilovers for Vert Available