mods4cars smarttop install on an Infiniti g37 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Texnician
Not good Cereal2k, the top appears to have stopped for an unknown reason but the module was still in progress (lights still flashing). You 3 clicked and that stopped the module (I bet you could have just one clicked, any touch of the fob or button while the top is moving will stop it). You then restarted it and it worked. Try disabling the mod and run the top several times factory to make sure a sensor or something is not interfering. In the end, I suspect a flaky module.
You are right on the one click stop. Did that tonight and cycled through again. So 7 clicks actually. I did not have to put the windows down first.

Additionally I'm wondering what effect pressing both the lock and unlock at the same time has on the operation. But yeah, i'll be 100% when it is a smooth operation.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:33 AM
cereal2k

Would you guys believe me if I told you it's now working to put the top down in one step now? I'll see how long it goes until the remote call. I did the enable/disable the horn via the keyfob (holding open/close at the same time), so not sure what effect that had. I do get a medium duration beep when I lock my car door from the door button though.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:19 PM
cereal2k

Oh oh. I'm getting that initial problem I reported happen again. <sigh>. Guess I will need to schedule that support dial in to the the module after all.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 PM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cereal2k
Oh oh. I'm getting that initial problem I reported happen again. <sigh>. Guess I will need to schedule that support dial in to the the module after all.
Sorry to bump an old thread , but I was looking to get the smart top for my vert, but first did you get all the issues resolved with the module yet?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:57 PM
bembowe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnsVert
Sorry to bump an old thread , but I was looking to get the smart top for my vert, but first did you get all the issues resolved with the module yet?
I think the issue only happened on his module. Mine worked fine except for the front windows coming up which is a limitation on the system.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:16 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by JohnsVert
Originally Posted by bembowe
I think the issue only happened on his module. Mine worked fine except for the front windows coming up which is a limitation on the system.
Funny thing guys is like the next few days after my post it's working like a charm. Still trying to figure out what would make it go out of whack to actually duplicate my problem, but I can't. So, it's in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mode.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm still leary on installing mine. I'm kind of worried that i may set it off while the car is in the garage and the top hit the garage door while its up
Old 04-29-2012, 05:08 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Fezzik
I'm still leary on installing mine. I'm kind of worried that i may set it off while the car is in the garage and the top hit the garage door while its up
EEEK!
Actually though, I can raise and lover my roof in the garage and I clear the opener (and I don't have a high ceiling in the garage either). Check it out - I bet yours clears!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow. I was going through old email and saw your response. Geez over a year ago. I have clearance if the garage door is down, but when up like during the summer I bet no one's would clear unless you have extended height garage doors.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:03 PM
cereal2k

Wow, holy thread revival. Mine does not clear. I do have a key fob cover however, which does prevent single clicks or prolonged presses of a button when in my pocket. However 3 short clicks would be hard to do by accident I think.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:15 AM
DGL

Ordered a smart top today. I hope they have all the shortcomings worked out. Looks like a useful mod.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 AM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by cereal2k
Funny thing guys is like the next few days after my post it's working like a charm. Still trying to figure out what would make it go out of whack to actually duplicate my problem, but I can't. So, it's in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mode.
So, under certain conditions it will not work and just needs to be cycled.
So conditions.

1) if the top is down and the back windows are up. it will not put the top up.
back windows have to be put down first.
I would do a lock and unlock to cycle the operation. Then do 3 clicks.

2) low battery.
Won't complete the cycle at all. have to do 3 clicks to get the rooff up or down or turn on the car to complete.

3) If the front windows and back windows are up and the top is already down.

(need to confirm/test this) but I think it falls into the same category as condition 1.

4) if for some reasons the 3 clicks are not done in proper succession.
just lock and unlock to reset the cycle and restart the 3 clicks.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:35 AM
cbehr

So just to be clear if up/down cycle does not complete due to battery life it will not damage the roof in the same way turning the car off mid cycle can?
Old 04-28-2014, 05:11 PM
lier200a

Hey guys, I realized this thread is super old and has been revived several times but I'm running into issues with my top and I think it has to do with the module. I'm getting the same issue as cereal2k (top going down but stopping half way) however, on my dash, it'll say "trunk open". So to solve the problem I turn off the car and turn it back on and complete the cycle.

My second issue is sometimes when I'm driving with the top open, the dashboard screen flashes (goes blank) then resumes but the back where the module sits (where we installed the module) it starts beeping. I set my max speed roof operation at 40km/h so it'll beep everytime I'm driving above 40km/h but no beeps as long as i'm below 40km/h so I'm thinking that the roof system thinks the roof is "in operation" and I'm driving. When this happens, I can't close the roof when I park and have to turn the car off and let it sit for a couple hours. restarting the car doesn't do anything but beep again when I drive past 40.

I noticed there's been a firmware update (i think my version is still 1.02 from when it was first released) so i'll update my module and see what happens. Otherwise, I think I'm gonna remove it or disable the module. Can't risk leaving the top open when I go out and have to leave the car.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 04-29-2014, 11:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would def update it. I'm having issues with mine as well. It was working great till yesterday. The windows work, But the top would not go up or down at all. So I just took out the unit and check checking the settings. (tryed the blinker switch settings but didn't really understand how they work so my settings were all out of whack ) I have not put it back in yet. I would like to know what happened with your unit. I'll update when I reinstall mine. Good luck.

Last edited by 360; 04-29-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Quick Reply: mods4cars smarttop install on an Infiniti g37 convertible