New G37S Convertible - Rattles?!?

Old 02-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Divalator08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! I purchased my G37 back in December and noticed the rattles. I was on here hoping to find out that someone discovered how to fix the problem. It seems like I would do better to locate a small leprechaun, two white unicorn and three lucky charms in same day before the dealership figures out how to fix this problem. Geez! For starters, I have two of the three lucky charms collected... And counting Mr. Dealership!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:34 PM
G37Paul
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cereal2k
Which dealer?
Roswell Infiniti...

Avoid Jason. He's a real piece of work (Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde). He started out okay when I brought the car in the rattles especially when the car is cold and when he thought they fixed the car the first time, but he now gives me attitude ever since I brought the car back, and especially when the service manager is not around.

I don't get it. I have been nothing but polite and courteous to him the whole time. Its warranty work...just fix it and may be I'll come back for maintenance items in the future or when the car is out of warranty.

If he's not giving me excuses, it's his attitude. I don't want excuses, and I don't need his attitude, just want the car fixed. He acts like I'm being picky or something, but when the service manager went for the test ride with me, he told Jason straight out the same things I told him when I brought the car back immediately after their "fix". Jason was like, yes sir...we'll get on that.

Hopefullly, this time around they will fix the last of the rattles and actually do a test drive with me to prove it since I requested that.

Bewarned! My car didn't have any rattles until 9K miles and I thought I was one of the lucky ones. This could happen to you when you least expect it.

Last edited by G37Paul; 02-22-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:54 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Paul
Roswell Infiniti...

Avoid Jason. He's a real piece of work (Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde). He started out okay when I brought the car in the rattles especially when the car is cold and when he thought they fixed the car the first time, but he now gives me attitude ever since I brought the car back, and especially when the service manager is not around.

I don't get it. I have been nothing but polite and courteous to him the whole time. Its warranty work...just fix it and may be I'll come back for maintenance items in the future or when the car is out of warranty.

If he's not giving me excuses, it's his attitude. I don't want excuses, and I don't need his attitude, just want the car fixed. He acts like I'm being picky or something, but when the service manager went for the test ride with me, he told Jason straight out the same things I told him when I brought the car back immediately after their "fix". Jason was like, yes sir...we'll get on that.

Hopefullly, this time around they will fix the last of the rattles and actually do a test drive with me to prove it since I requested that.

Bewarned! My car didn't have any rattles until 9K miles and I thought I was one of the lucky ones. This could happen to you when you least expect it.
Ok, I have the rattle on the right left rear window over bumps/imperfections on the right side of the road with the top up and windows up. The funny thing is the left side is fine on evenly spaced bumps/imperfections. So yeah it seems to be a problem that's reported consistently in this thread. I got my car tat Roswell but don't go there for service. Next service at gwinnett I'll see if they can make an adjustment. 95% of the time I've got the top down though.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:56 PM
LizardBreath

glad i didnt get a vert, i here they have alot of probs, look cool though
Old 02-22-2011, 11:58 PM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by LizardBreath
it comes with the vert territory LOL.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:00 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Ok, I have the rattle on the right left rear window over bumps/imperfections on the right side of the road with the top up and windows up. The funny thing is the left side is fine on evenly spaced bumps/imperfections. So yeah it seems to be a problem that's reported consistently in this thread. I got my car tat Roswell but don't go there for service. Next service at gwinnett I'll see if they can make an adjustment. 95% of the time I've got the top down though.
There's service bulletin on this particular issue" rattle on the right left rear window-- it's the roof liner" dealer will add foam under the roof liner in the rear rt. area.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:05 AM
cereal2k

Originally Posted by cvipgo
There's service bulletin on this particular issue" rattle on the right left rear window-- it's the roof liner" dealer will add foam under the roof liner in the rear rt. area.
Cool....i'll see about it when I get a chance then. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:10 AM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by LizardBreath
You don't know what you are missing.....
Old 02-23-2011, 12:10 AM
G37Paul
Registered Member

That's how mine started right rear on bumpy or imperfect roads. I should have just left it alone, it wasn't that bad to what I have now after they "fixed it". Just looking to get my car back and next time if I need service, I'll give Gwinnett a try...

Hopefully, these guys will make it better and not worse this time around. Then they can go from zero to hero in one post.

Interesting that you don't go to Roswell for service when you bought the car from them. By the time they are done with my roof, they will be experts at it.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:18 AM
cvipgo
Banned

That's how mine started right rear on bumpy or imperfect roads. I should have just left it alone, it wasn't that bad to what I have now after they "fixed it". Just looking to get my car back and next time if I need service, I'll give Gwinnett a try...

Hopefully, these guys will make it better and not worse this time around. Then they can go from zero to hero in one post.

Interesting that you don't go to Roswell for service when you bought the car from them. By the time they are done with my roof, they will be experts at it.
G37Paul
I feel bad for you... I have heard Roswell was not good... from friends who lived in Atlanta a while back, They liked Gwenette.. There are 6 Infiniti Dealers in GA and there are 29 in CA... competition is always good for the consumers.
If you decide to give feed back to the dealer, I can send you link...for feedback.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:48 AM
G37Paul
Registered Member

When or if I get my car, back I'll give Gwinnett a chance should I need service.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:39 PM
akochman

I have some pretty bad rattles but not worth taking it into the dealer for them to just tell me that this is "normal".

Back window seems to shake, on really hot/cold days, there is a cable that runs along the headliner that rattles.

For certain songs, the passenger side door panel vibrates making a sound.

BUT, driving with the top down fixes all of this!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:27 PM
newspider4re
Registered Member

SB for Mid Panel

called my service manager today to schedule my oil change and I asked him about any SB for creaking (i was hearing some on cold days). He advised me that there is one for the middle panel - he said that they will be lubricating it.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:40 AM
obama6493

Originally Posted by pwlorraine
I don't have any sounds like you describe. No chance its an unsecured seat belt moving? How does the top sound when it goes up and down? I'd be tempted to stop it part way and have a look.

Peter
how was the outside tempreture? i heard something like that on mine, but it was like 30 degrees outside. only did it once. probably just the weather affecting the top, i didnt worry about it too much.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 PM
cereal2k

It's all about convenience for me. Gwinnett just happens to be closer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New G37S Convertible - Rattles?!?