54k!? WTF? Edmunds full review

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:34 AM
nwryuber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, i'll throw in something.

i don't like the comment "you should walk around behind your car and check if somethings there before you back up anyways..." blah blah. someone being a little smarty pants.

do any of you have kids? or younger siblings? There are little kids on the loose who get away and take off running all the time especially at parks, little league baseball fields etc. you WONT see those kids by turning your head and looking if they're in the right spot. they're only hope is that you see their 6 ft tall screaming running parents. That is just one of many reasons the camera is useful. its more of a "safety feature" that could keep your *** out of jail for manslaughter among other things.

and the "200 degrees" vs "180 degrees" or whatever.... u can see more than enough on the camera to back into a tight space without hitting something on either side of your car. i can back up to something and there only be an inch between my bumper and the object. easy. every time.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
man with that money and this economy..your in M3 price range..there are tons of dealers willing to throw their M3s away because of the price its costing them to keep it on the lot..Thats how my best friend scored his and I still kick myself, shoulda waited a month lol..thats the name of the game I guess..but yea, the talk of this 55k - 60k 335 money, screw that ill take an M3 thank you very much..
Old 06-02-2009, 01:06 PM
jrg881

I think the convertible is over priced.. I understand with options how it can get to around 54k, but let's be honest.. you have to really like the G to get that over the Bimmer for that kind of money.. I love my car, and I'm sure the convertible will be hot, but 54k is asking a little too much in my opinion.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:40 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Well you can spend $48K MSRP for a fully loaded g coupe. I think that $54K for a similarly equipped G convertible - especially with some of the extras included sounds about right speaking from a marketing perspective. This car is going to target a much different buyer than those who would generally buy a g coupe.

I'm betting that the entry level G convertible will likely start aroung $47K or $48K.

A 3 series starts at $51K but can get pricey really quick with options.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:06 PM
lmulion03

"costing them to keep it on the lot..Thats how my best friend scored his and I still kick myself, shoulda waited a month lol..thats the name of the game I guess..but yea, the talk of this 55k - 60k 335 money, screw that ill take an M3 thank you very much."

well with a 48k loaded g coupe, you might as well buy a 335i for that kind of money right? Like kahboom said, this will target a different customer. I mean with an Audi R8 costing around 120k or so, you might as well buy a used bentley continental gt.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:07 AM
alanr

After owning 6 new BMW's since 1999 I am leaving to buy either a G37s in White. Love the look of that car or a vert if it looks like the coupe or close. I have a 335 vert and after the lousy run flat tires needing replacing ever 8-12K miles and the HPFP going out ever 3-5K ( BMW extended the warranty on this) and now turbo problems you can keep BMW. I have friends with G37's coupes and everyboby loves them and not one person I know has had any problems. Okay the BMW might be faster, I could care less and handle better,so what. Can't wait for the vert. They do need to keep the price down to under 52K loaded. Now they have Lexus and BMW and well as the Auto TTS ( my wifes car and WOW) to worry about in that price range. People buy verts for top down driving first.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:01 AM
w0ady

^welcome!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:12 AM
alanr

Anything that is a weak point of the G37s. I can't find anything to work about vs my BMW. I just hope the vert do not have Bridgeston RF tires.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Sukairain

I am going to wait and see what's going to happen.

G35 trade in $15k
G37 Convertible New $54k
Cash out of pocket $40k+

or I keep the G35 and take the $40k and buy an used SL55AMG at the auction and get an extended warranry.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by alanr
Anything that is a weak point of the G37s. I can't find anything to work about vs my BMW. I just hope the vert do not have Bridgeston RF tires.
Infiniti stopped using run flats, which the last model that was offered was the FX35/45 w/ 20" run flats to get more interior space b/c it deleted the space saver spare tire.

A fully loaded Lexus IS350 vert will be in the low $50's w/ all the goodies added on so I think the price of the G37 vert will be attractive.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Sukairain

IS350 lol, now that's one sorry excuse of an convertible, talk about a chop job. It reminded me of what BMW used to do with their sedan-->coupe conversions.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:00 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by alanr
After owning 6 new BMW's since 1999 I am leaving to buy either a G37s in White. Love the look of that car or a vert if it looks like the coupe or close. I have a 335 vert and after the lousy run flat tires needing replacing ever 8-12K miles and the HPFP going out ever 3-5K ( BMW extended the warranty on this) and now turbo problems you can keep BMW. I have friends with G37's coupes and everyboby loves them and not one person I know has had any problems. Okay the BMW might be faster, I could care less and handle better,so what. Can't wait for the vert. They do need to keep the price down to under 52K loaded. Now they have Lexus and BMW and well as the Auto TTS ( my wifes car and WOW) to worry about in that price range. People buy verts for top down driving first.
Welcome to the forums.. You might be pleasantly surprised about the handling. The BMW has a better steering feel and has slightly better grip but I think the G actually changes direction better, the suspension doesn't feel quite as soft in the corners and twisties- especially if you go with a slightly wider tire set up than OEM. You will miss the massive low end torque of the 335 though.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:45 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldn't be back up parking everytime without the camera.. a must have for me. It's a luxury and I use it a lot more then nav.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:06 AM
NoPainNoglory

Backup cam is great...not a necessity, but great and very useful. I have a tight squeeze in my garage and it sure helps me get it in the right position the 1st time every time. I also use it to be sure I've got my tail within a parking space and also helps me get my beautiful wheels/tires close to a curb without scrubbing them!
Old 06-14-2009, 04:09 AM
FauDdenda

something wrong

Cheap Celexa online

Quick Reply: 54k!? WTF? Edmunds full review