Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Project Black S Revealed

Old 10-01-2017, 10:51 PM
unc0808

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
Not at all. Even with the Red Sport's impressive performance at a very cool $30-35 (used) owners are moving on. Driving experience isn't the same and the aftermarket just isn't there. Couple guys are getting great results with just a downpipe or something crazy but I've seen a lot more instances of engines blowing and hitting a wall since there isn't much more you can do.

7AT would also need upgrading and they're just not worth the headache TBH.
Go on Infiniti50 website and many, including myself will disagree with you respectfully.
There are many companies out with a variety of tune options, CAI, CBE, and DP's. Not one trans or motor has blown that we have seen on the forums. That's not to say it hasn't happened out there, but most Q50 RS400 owners will tell you they are pretty happy with their purchase.

AMS Performance is also in the works for the Q50/60 for a "Red Alpha" package with a variety of options that will be offered through Infiniti dealerships. Still in the works.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:37 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
I'm sure they do, but I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't worth bringing up; much like the timing gasket failure in the G37. It's also worth browsing the amount of Q50 RS400 that are for sale with 'lemon' tags applied to them - it's more than enough to raise a flag.

That said, I think they're awesome for what they are. I believe its a age thing...Took a bit for the G to get a ton of aftermarket support and there's still stuff coming out for it. The road block for the Q is getting sole support for it and getting manufacturers on board to invest into it.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:32 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by unc0808
Go on Infiniti50 website and many, including myself will disagree with you respectfully.
There are many companies out with a variety of tune options, CAI, CBE, and DP's. Not one trans or motor has blown that we have seen on the forums. That's not to say it hasn't happened out there, but most Q50 RS400 owners will tell you they are pretty happy with their purchase.

AMS Performance is also in the works for the Q50/60 for a "Red Alpha" package with a variety of options that will be offered through Infiniti dealerships. Still in the works.
The Q60 RS is about 80% of what an enthusiast would be looking for from a stock car.
Maybe AMS can take it all the way with what they have to offer.
Really needs a LSD and exhaust bad.
And figure out a way to put the paddle shifters back on the column!

Search this Thread