Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

My Q60...? Infiniti announces no more G

Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Dont worry i am will either supercharge or turbo the ISF. That will see over 600 when i am done with it. Lol
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Best thread evar! if I didn't know what this thread was about, judging from the reactions I'd presume that Infiniti had just announced that they are powering every model with a 1.4L bio diesel engine and the only paint color being offered was pastel purple. But clearly changing the nomenclature is much more important than that.

Obviously this requires that I go out right now and buy all available OEM model badging that I can find for current model Infiniti vehicles before they are all sold out because they will be extremely rare and valuable collectors commodities in the near future.

Clearly they did this specifically to curb the ridiculous trend of North American market vehicles being rebadged as JDM vehicles. Because now those same owners will feel a sense of nostalgia and want to badge their new Q60 as an "old school" G37.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:00 AM
stratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll let the marketing guys worry about naming the thing. They get paid a lot of money to come up with strategies that will help the company in the long run.

I'm more interested in the quality of the product itself. That's what will influence my buying decision in the future, not the name itself.

Having said that, ...

Welcome to the Q Continuum boys and girls
Old 12-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
LOL ^^^ G37 will be a special car to own now that the G name is not carrying over. Long live the Q. TT Q comes everyone gonna sell the G.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by stratos
I'll let the marketing guys worry about naming the thing. They get paid a lot of money to come up with strategies that will help the company in the long run.

I'm more interested in the quality of the product itself. That's what will influence my buying decision in the future, not the name itself.
Blasphemy! It's all about the image not the product! What the hell kind of consumer are you that bases a decision about the second most expensive thing you will likely ever buy in your life on the merits of the product and not what it's called? That's silly!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:19 AM
stratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, beats the heck out of grubbing a pitchfork and lighting a torch and trying to get through security on my way to Hong-Kong to meet these other guys in here.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by stratos
Well, beats the heck out of grubbing a pitchfork and lighting a torch and trying to get through security on my way to Hong-Kong to meet these other guys in here.
Sorry, I forgot to put this at the end of my reply to your post.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Sython

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I honestly think this is for two big reasons

1.) Engine downsizing and egos of the Infiniti customer base. The next G is probably (well more than likely definitely) will be smaller than a 3.7L. So if it is, the car would be named G30 or something. Well to the average consumer who doesn't understand cars, this is a downgrade. A Q50 with the number meaning nothing keeps the ego stroked, just like how the 323i, 325i, and 330i will probably never return. I'd assume the Q50/Q60 with have an x and S variant as well. I also agree with prior posts saying this is good for pricing on Infiniti's part.

2.) Internationally, Infiniti is finally gaining steam thanks to the Red Bull sponorship amont other marketing endeavours, so they need an extremely simple naming system that can be used in all countries and not just a US system / International system.

I enjoy the G nomenclature but will be sad to see it go. If the Q50/Q60 is as awesome as the G35/G37 has been, honestly I won't care long term.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 AM
jmann
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
[Oprah] You drive a Q, and You drive a Q, EVERYBODY DRIVES A Q!!![/Oprah]
Old 12-18-2012, 11:27 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
In other news. The new IPL is Porky Pig's new QIPL. All show, no go. They like it QIPled (crippled) like that.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by soundmike
In other news. The new IPL is Porky Pig's new QIPL. All show, no go. They like it QIPled (crippled) like that.
That's not really that funny at all Mike. You are so much better than this! Try again.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I sure didn't buy my car cause it said G37 on it.................I bought it because I liked it.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Sython

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder what will happen with the "IPL" name? Either way, I hope the next one is way, way more hardcore than the current one lol.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
That's not really that funny at all Mike. You are so much better than this! Try again.
Hmmph.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:13 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
In my honest opinion, this Johan guy from Audi, may very well be Infiniti’s next best thing. He only recently took office and 6 months isn’t really much time to really show his potential. Audi never built boring cars, and I cant imagine this guy pussifying the new Q. In order for this name change to really be successful, the all-new Infiniti Q50 (It sounds pretty good when you say the entire name) has to be an incredible car. The G is Infiniti’s best selling car and usually car companies go all out on their bread and butter car when it’s a whole new design. I have a feeling we will all be in for an amazing treat on January 14…. If Johan has truly made the car a raw driving experience, it will be an instant home run. You guys cant forget that Nissan is the true designer of this vehicle, and Nissan has always built drivers cars. Imagine what a true Japanese heritage and a little bit of European finesse can do for a car.

When you really think about it, the new Q50 is a TRUE mutt of a car. Why do I say this? Check me out…

-Built on Mercedes C-Class chassis
-Engine designed and built by Nissan
-Inspired by a new CEO who previously worked for Audi, a European company who builds very luxurious and exhilarating cars.

I can only predict that the new Q50 will not only be quieter, bigger but yet wider, lighter, faster, and lower to the ground, with the most luxury Infiniti has ever put in any of their vehicles, including an interior much more superior to the current M's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Q60...? Infiniti announces no more G