Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

My Q60...? Infiniti announces no more G

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:40 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The name change is silly. There is nothing wrong with Infinity current model name. There are no confusion about any of the model name. Anyone here confused about the current model names?
All Infinity needs to do is to improve their product lines to better meet customer expectations then people will find Infinity show room and point to the model that they want. Personally I could not careless what Infinity called the car (exept FU and MF like posted) as long as they make better car and better value then their competition. But they are just wasting their time and resources trying to justify some silly name change.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:07 PM
htownboy
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever anyone says, I just CANT wait NOT to buy a Q. Will probably buy a BRZ and go FI with some goodies... If I decide I want a cruiser later, It's Maxima all the way! Just rented one and it's a really sweet ride for much less the price of a G, sorry, Q
Old 12-19-2012, 11:21 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
This message is Black Betty approved.

Shake the haters off Johan. So what does everyone who was pissing their pants about the car being called a Q have to say now? Still going to buy a Lexus? Be my guest.
I know there were more of us that mentioned this, and I admitted my rashness, but if the rumors of them switching the AT models to that god-awful CVT are true...

I absolutely hate that CVT. If the new model wows me, I may just get the 6MT. My wife can't drive a stick, but my car is 2 yrs old and she hasn't so much as sat in the driver's seat, so her complaints about not being able to drive it would be moot!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by CodeG
The name change is silly. There is nothing wrong with Infinity current model name. There are no confusion about any of the model name. Anyone here confused about the current model names?
All Infinity needs to do is to improve their product lines to better meet customer expectations then people will find Infinity show room and point to the model that they want. Personally I could not careless what Infinity called the car (exept FU and MF like posted) as long as they make better car and better value then their competition. But they are just wasting their time and resources trying to justify some silly name change.
They are changing to a "Y" now too?! Oh noes...too much for to compute...
Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Wongster
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CodeG
Well, they obviously have a branding issue if you keep calling them "Infinity" instead of "Infiniti".
Old 12-19-2012, 11:41 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Wongster
Well, they obviously have a branding issue if you keep calling them "Infinity" instead of "Infiniti".
I was actually thinking "Wow... people who can't even spell Infiniti correctly are pissed about a name change". Ironic, ain't it?

I, admittedly, over-reacted as well... but I know that Infiniti is a car and Infinity is a speaker.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 AM
canoncleguy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't understand the reason behind changing a successful naming convention
Old 12-20-2012, 01:54 AM
ko3r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Inifiniti Changing Names of Car 2014

I don't know if you guys heard, but Infiniti is going to change the names of most of the cars in 2014. The coupe will be called a "Q60", Infiniti says 'it will be easier to understand'. By changing names, they will also have more sales, because it's the latest. It's like Apple making the same iPhone again and selling millions...So what do guys think about owning a Q rather than a G? Lol...
CLICK ON THE LINK FOR MORE INFO
Infiniti changing the names of its entire lineup | Fox News
Old 12-20-2012, 03:30 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
When I saw it linked to Fox News I almost called BS
Old 12-20-2012, 03:43 AM
G35_FTMFW

MyQ60.com
Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
They throw an actual objective fact in there every now and again to keep you on your toes.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:00 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ko3r
I don't know if you guys heard, but Infiniti is going to change the names of most of the cars in 2014. The coupe will be called a "Q60", Infiniti says 'it will be easier to understand'. By changing names, they will also have more sales, because it's the latest. It's like Apple making the same iPhone again and selling millions...So what do guys think about owning a Q rather than a G? Lol...
Stop pulling our leg fella
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 AM
LINY_Rob

Like someone else wrote - if Infiniti is using the Q for all vehicles, then why use it at all? I understand Infiniti's rationale for this change (avoiding diminished consumer perception because of engine downsizing), but BMW accomplished this successfully by sticking with well-branded nomenclature, i.e. the 328 which had a 3.0 I6 and now has a 2.0 turbo I4.

I don't like this new naming convention because I believe the G/G35/G37 naming has a substantial brand recognition in the marketplace. In fact, I read somewhere last night that Infiniti believes the G branding was even stronger than the Q branding they started with. I would have liked to have seen Infiniti stick with the G35 brand for the G series and just put in any motor they wanted. (MyQ50.com?????) (... when I learned about this yesterday I went into a huge rant about how the new naming convention is stupid and it might signal the end of Infiniti ... and even swore-off the Infiniti brand when my lease is up in August.)

Another post in this string stated that the Q designation made them think of a large barge like the original Q45, and I couldn't agree more. Another poster acknowledged that the nomenclature won't make a difference for any new buyers, which makes sense, but the amount of negative response among MyG37.com users is HUGE - if there is one thing I've learned professionally, it's to never alienate your base - and I fear that is what Infiniti is doing.

I actually received an online survey from Infiniti about this a few months ago - must have taken me 25 minutes to complete and it was all about naming convention and the consideration of using various letters, i.e. M, Q, C, etc., and how they conveyed luxury, performance, and value. Whoever the R&D people are on this - I think their jobs will be in jeopardy UNLESS the new Q50 sedan is an unbelievable knockout that helps drive the new naming convention to new heights. I hope for Infiniti's sake it all pays off - it's extremely risky.

Re: X/all-wheel-drive ... I am thinking Infiniti might go the route of BMW by omitting the "x" as part of the model name, i.e. no more 328iX/G37x, but instead use "Xdrive" or similar naming (ATTESA, sp? or i-AWD for their renamed "Intelligent All-Wheel Drive) that is not associated with the model name. However, I am not clear on how they will designate the motor. Q50 3.7 iAWD? And what if I get the sport package?? Or will that not be reflected in the naming?? Q50 3.7 S iAWD??? Q50s 3.7 iAWD?

(I really need to get a grip on my long posts...)
Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
That's an entirely reasonable reaction, earned and deserved.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:43 AM
stratos

Originally Posted by ko3r

Quick Reply: My Q60...? Infiniti announces no more G