Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Infiniti’s Electric Future

Old 12-01-2010, 04:37 PM
ScottyBeGood

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Infiniti’s Electric Future

The first luxury EV is coming

Infiniti’s first luxury electric vehicle is set to launch in the United States and other global markets in 2013.

Infiniti's electric vehicle will have zero tailpipe emissions.

Befitting the brand’s promise of Inspired Performance, the Infiniti EV will be a stylish, high performance five-seat luxury vehicle with zero tailpipe emissions.

“This future EV will play a major part in Infiniti’s ‘eco performance’ strategy that will see a greater focus on hybrid and EV technology,” says Infiniti Vice President Ben Poore. “We are committed to applying the world’s best technologies to reduce emissions without sacrificing driving excitement or engagement.”

The first step in this strategy will be the introduction of the Infiniti M Hybrid in the spring of 2011. Look for more details on Infiniti’s eco-friendly vehicles in the coming months.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:42 PM
MSCA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More and more electric cars are on the way... The Nissan Leaf is just around the corner and Ford's newly redesigned Focus will also be available as a purely electric vehicle. The only bad thing is that these new electric vehicles are limited to about 100 miles before they need to be recharged. That makes them useless for people with long commutes or as an only car.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Pip

Originally Posted by MSCA
The only bad thing is that these new electric vehicles are limited to about 100 miles before they need to be recharged.
That's not the only bad thing. These vehicles have NO exhaust sound. Driving cars in the future will suck.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:22 PM
MSCA
Banned

Originally Posted by Pip
That's not the only bad thing. These vehicles have NO exhaust sound.
Well, that's because they have no exhaust. They do make some electric motor whirs....which will probably be cool to kids in the future.

Then again, a lot of people are complaining that hybrids and electric cars are too quiet, so they are starting to add artificial "noise" to them as a safety precaution. I'm sure that would make Chekov proud.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:03 AM
smashhell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really don't know how I feel about the Infiniti EV. It is a good thing that Infiniti are trying to keep up with the market by introducing electric cars. But I still can't shake that another Prius is coming feeling off my chest. =/