Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Proof that Infiniti will release a competitor to the M3

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:27 PM
FlameOn
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Proof that Infiniti will release a competitor to the M3

Listen to the Infiniti engineer at the 5:29 mark.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=91WVgzP_X...elated&search=
Old 08-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Initial G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if I would consider that proof. I know that in the court of law, that is and would still be considered speculation. It is more of a political answer in my opinion. It is kind of like poker, you do not always want to show all of your cards. I am not saying it wouldn't be awesome and that after a few years of G37 ownership, I wouldn't jump ship into this new super G37, but for now...all we can do is hope.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:35 PM
bloodhound

probably a detuned lux version of gtr if i had to venture a guess, highly possible imo since gtr will be going for 911, etc and the ground work / research is virtually done, just a matter of fiiting it w/ leather, etc
Old 08-19-2007, 05:53 PM
frshgcoupe

Listen, ask yourself why WOULDN'T infiniti come out with a car to compete with the m3? Or ask yourself, is infiniti just going to have the g37, g35 sedan, EX, FX and M? They need a higher performance car its makes obvious sense. Whether it will compete directly with the m3 or whether they will just release a car of higher performance. This is being said before i even listened to the video. You guys are car enthusiasts right? Think about it, im most certain that they will.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:16 PM
dkhuynh

Originally Posted by frshgcoupe
Listen, ask yourself why WOULDN'T infiniti come out with a car to compete with the m3? Or ask yourself, is infiniti just going to have the g37, g35 sedan, EX, FX and M? They need a higher performance car its makes obvious sense. Whether it will compete directly with the m3 or whether they will just release a car of higher performance. This is being said before i even listened to the video. You guys are car enthusiasts right? Think about it, im most certain that they will.

Well... look at Nissan and Toyota in the truck business. They are going full size double haul with all the nuts and bolts.. Honda isn't playing that same game, they are just chilling.

Also remember, Infiniti is a division of Nissan. The G37/G35 is the Nissan Skyline, the M is the Fuga. The Q is the Cima/President. That "higher performance" vehicle would of been the GT-R, but it didn't end up getting the Infiniti Badge. Infiniti isn't out there to build the ultimate driving machine like BMW, they are just trying to penetrate the luxury segment.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Initial G

Originally Posted by frshgcoupe
I'm not sure if you are directing that my way? But I will try and answer it as best as possible. Logically, yes, it makes sense for Infiniti to make a high performance model, and maybe even a high performance division. Lexus has spec'd out the IS350, why not the G class? But what I was trying to say is that the proof in the video is not proof at all. He never even gave an affirmative response. You are arguing something different. All I was saying is that just because he gave a round about answer, doesnt mean that he said, "Yes, we will build one." It just means maybe. It doesn't mean that it wont happen. But, I would NEVER consider THAT proof.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:15 PM
RoCkY86

Originally Posted by dkhuynh
Well... look at Nissan and Toyota in the truck business. They are going full size double haul with all the nuts and bolts.. Honda isn't playing that same game, they are just chilling.

Also remember, Infiniti is a division of Nissan. The G37/G35 is the Nissan Skyline, the M is the Fuga. The Q is the Cima/President. That "higher performance" vehicle would of been the GT-R, but it didn't end up getting the Infiniti Badge. Infiniti isn't out there to build the ultimate driving machine like BMW, they are just trying to penetrate the luxury segment.
I think you have it the wrong way. Infiniti is trying to outperform BMW. That was the whole idea to come out with the G35, and all there new models. The M, FX, and now the EX. There main target is BMW and the fact that Lexus is coming out with there own high performance IS. Im sure Infiniti is going to make there own high performance. And dont forget Audi is coming out with S5.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:31 PM
N50

There is no proof that Infiniti is planning on building an M3 competitor or a high performance division until either a press release comes out stating so, or, down the road we see a spyshot of a high performance G.

That said, I look forward to both a high performance G and M.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

I think that Infiniti WILL come out with a M3 competitor. It may take a while though. I hope that Infiniti first focuses on this upcoming EX, next generation FX, and next generation Q (come on... Infiniti better deal with this more than a suped up G37 because Infiniti needs a flagship!). After Infiniti gets their flagship out (like the Lexus has the LS), then they could focus on "super" performance versions.

I would really like to see the G sedan, G37, and M all be competitors with BMW's M-series, Mercedes AMG-series (well maybe not that far because of pricing), upcoming Lexus's F-series, and Audi's S-series cars.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:45 PM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rumour has it in Canada ... there will be a M3 competitor, using the shell of the G37. The 'big thing' right now is the GT-R. They are compromising the marketing of the GT-R in Canada as just that (no "nissan" or "infiniti" in front of the name). It will be sold in the Nissan dealerships, as per Ghosn.

Dealerships must invest C$100k to have the equipment to service the GT-R, which will limit how many dealers will actually have them. Some dealerships who do invest the $100k may not have an allocation until the following year! And a dealership must have the equipment first before they are considered for 1 allocation! Estimated price of the Canadian GT-R ... C$100k.

In the product development line, they will most likely use the GT-R parts (which already shares the same engine block as the G37) and massage it a bit for it to fit into a G37. It will be (again, rumour) priced below the GT-R and above the price of the G37 (so approx C$70-C$80k). That's a little "cheaper" than the M3's anticipated MSRP.

This is what I was told by my contact at Infiniti Canada. Please do not say this is doctorine ... but the marketing strategy the people at Infiniti Canada have been told. Nothing has been finalized.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:18 PM
stefanzo911

Hmm I truly believe Infiniti will come up with a high performance coupe but remember they need first to establish a successful run with the G37 - Infiniti is trying to be the top japanese high end auto maker in terms of performance, cutting-edge design and technology. It will be a tough competition but someone wins: the consumer.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Sukairain

Infiniti HAS BEEN building M3 competitors, it's called the G35 Coupe and G37 Coupe. The only catch is that the M3 competitor comes 1 generation late. (G35 is comparable to the E36 M3, G37 is comparable to the E46 M3) Still at the entry level $30k-$40k price range I can't complain at all.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:25 PM
MaximaPower

Originally Posted by Sukairain
Infiniti HAS BEEN building M3 competitors, it's called the G35 Coupe and G37 Coupe. The only catch is that the M3 competitor comes 1 generation late. (G35 is comparable to the E36 M3, G37 is comparable to the E46 M3) Still at the entry level $30k-$40k price range I can't complain at all.
lol...sorry but no....the G is a 3series competitor
Old 08-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Initial G

Originally Posted by MaximaPower
lol...sorry but no....the G is a 3series competitor
I completely agree. The new G has 330 hp and the new M3 415. Totally different class of auto. Carbon Fiber roof? Last I heard, the G didn't have anything like that.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 AM
jdm_inspire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti HAS BEEN building M3 competitors, it's called the G35 Coupe and G37 Coupe.
I'm not sure where you're getting this information. Perhaps this is an opinion ... but consensus is that the G37 is far from being a M3 competitor by any means. Maybe the G coupe can considered be an alternative to an entry-level lux coupe (SLK, 3-series coupe, Audi TT, etc).

Going back on-topic ... I don't think there's "proof" until we see an actual concept / production model or press release (as someone has already mentioned).

Quick Reply: Proof that Infiniti will release a competitor to the M3