updates for oil pan spacer and oil temp/pressure sensors installed

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...installed.html
Old 08-29-2010, 10:01 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
updates for oil cooler installed

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...installed.html

it's my car but eric did it for me and then he did on his car too so same thing!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Gspinin
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
is a stillen kit off of a 370z the same for the g37 sport coupe? components etc..
Old 01-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Team_STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Gspinin
is a stillen kit off of a 370z the same for the g37 sport coupe? components etc..
There are some minor differences. We have a list of the parts needed to convert a 370Z kit to a G37.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:13 AM
dbl07
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Going with the 9lbs pulley means upgrading the air flow meters and the heat exchanger correct? Where does one get a larger heat exchanger that is compatible with the kit? Other than those two items, what else will be needed, once the smaller pulley is upgraded?
Old 08-18-2017, 09:28 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dbl07
Going with the 9lbs pulley means upgrading the air flow meters and the heat exchanger correct? Where does one get a larger heat exchanger that is compatible with the kit? Other than those two items, what else will be needed, once the smaller pulley is upgraded?
If you run uprev I believe you do need to upgrade the MAF for proper fueling past like 4000RPM, if you have access to Ecutek you can tune via speed density of a hybrid of MAF and speed density. Also did you mean MAF relocation--moving the MAF onto the charge pipe after air is compressed and cooled rather than before? Because that would help. Also if you're going to upgrade the pulley, you would want the frozenboost heat exchanger at the LEAST but really you want the air-air intercooler that is being sold by topgunz (or was, waiting to hear from him) and I believe that kit takes care of the MAF relocation, frozenboost is much cheaper ($190 when I checked) but you will still be left with the MAF relocation to deal with if you want it done right.
And while you're at it, if you're gonna run the smaller pulley if you have a used supercharger, getting it rebuilt with better bearings to better withstand the higher RPM's so your supercharger doesn't go bam.
Your post is months old so we'll see if this is any help. About to order mine just came on here to check one last time, since I plan on already butchering up the kit and making modifications does anybody have a used kit to sell?
Otherwise who is the best to talk to at Stillen? I just need to do a phone order so I can use split credit cards (to maximize cashback of course..)

Last edited by RickyBobby; 08-23-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:33 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Hey guys, I have a ecutek calibration that resolves a lot of the issues with the stillen kit on these cars. The tune resolves the following:

p0300 on cold start - most tuners disable the code but there is a real fix
smooth driveability when cold on speed density
smooth gear changes/no lurching during shifts
no dead zone between 2 and 4 k rpm
more power from 4k and up to redline

All this and more. Let me know if you want assistance with yours or if you want me to set you up with mine.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:10 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bythabay
Hey guys, I have a ecutek calibration that resolves a lot of the issues with the stillen kit on these cars. The tune resolves the following:

p0300 on cold start - most tuners disable the code but there is a real fix
smooth driveability when cold on speed density
smooth gear changes/no lurching during shifts
no dead zone between 2 and 4 k rpm
more power from 4k and up to redline

All this and more. Let me know if you want assistance with yours or if you want me to set you up with mine.
who tuned yours? I'll probably be making the switch from uprev to ecutek so I'm interested
Old 12-19-2017, 02:17 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
who tuned yours? I'll probably be making the switch from uprev to ecutek so I'm interested
I've been developing this tune over the past couple of years and I've put a lot of effort into it. We are listed on EcuTek's site as a dealer "Enthusiast Auto Care" in Concord, California.

If you want to try our calibration, send an email to calibrations@infiniticare.com

Rest assured if you are unsatisfied with the results of your tune, I will provide a full refund. Unfortunately, EcuTek licenses are not refundable, however, once your car has an Ecutek license on it, any authorized tuner can tune your car without any additional cost aside from their tuning labor.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:21 PM
luckybasstard
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time tells the truth

I read your review of Your tour, purchase, and thoughts regarding the whole process. A good bit of time has passed since the post so I am now wondering if you still feel the same and how is the product/supercharger holding up?
Old 11-06-2019, 11:00 AM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by luckybasstard
I read your review of Your tour, purchase, and thoughts regarding the whole process. A good bit of time has passed since the post so I am now wondering if you still feel the same and how is the product/supercharger holding up?
I’ve had mine on for a year and a half. Good power and reliability and I really love my flex fuel tune not having to worry about variable E contents. Just drove mine on a 2500 mile road trip consisting of very isolated areas dozens of miles from cell service no sweat (though the snow and ice storm on my bare all season tires was not ideal). I just don’t post much since I got threatened by mods for “making references to street racing” but I can answer questions. Took 1.5 seconds off my 1/4 mile time on first try, still room to go with better launch and I’m troubleshooting transmission issues. Playing around with my RJM pedal, still need to replace my master cylinder and/or at the least do a flush, or else my synchros are too gone. Shift times were brutal
The following users liked this post:
Джон (08-08-2020)
Old 11-07-2019, 02:04 PM
luckybasstard
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I’ve had mine on for a year and a half. Good power and reliability and I really love my flex fuel tune not having to worry about variable E contents. Just drove mine on a 2500 mile road trip consisting of very isolated areas dozens of miles from cell service no sweat (though the snow and ice storm on my bare all season tires was not ideal). I just don’t post much since I got threatened by mods for “making references to street racing” but I can answer questions. Took 1.5 seconds off my 1/4 mile time on first try, still room to go with better launch and I’m troubleshooting transmission issues. Playing around with my RJM pedal, still need to replace my master cylinder and/or at the least do a flush, or else my synchros are too gone. Shift times were brutal
Thanks for return message. I'm due to get my Stillen Supercharger and have concerns regarding the transmissions durability when put to such a huge bump in power. I am pretty much all in so we shall see what happens.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:12 AM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by luckybasstard
Thanks for return message. I'm due to get my Stillen Supercharger and have concerns regarding the transmissions durability when put to such a huge bump in power. I am pretty much all in so we shall see what happens.
6MT or AT? FWIW my 5th/6th synchro was acting up a bit before boost. And I just got new clutch, RJM pedal, did CMAK but not replace the MC so some variables to work out still but can’t rule out a new trans at some point.
And if you’re auto it’s a bit of a bummer with the power ceiling before needing built trans but at least it makes a stronger case to go supercharged since throwing turbo torque at that transmission is really asking for trouble
The following users liked this post:
Джон (05-14-2022)