2006 Hot Import Nights - Orlando - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 06:57 PM
_jb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 2006 Hot Import Nights - Orlando - Pictures

Bill (Ferk) and I drove over to the Hot Import Nights car show in Orlando last night. As you can see from the picture below, a few other people showed up for the event too.

While we were standing in line, I noticed two people carrying boxes making their way against the main crowd. As you might have guessed, it was Jon of Perfection Auto Detailing and his wife. Jon was pretty tired from all the detailing, but it was nice to chat with him for a few minutes.

There was plenty of action, too. Two Florida Sheriff's searched a young guy in line and pulled a 45 caliber pistol from his belt. It was fully loaded. The Sheriff's proceeded to empty the pistol right there on the carpet... handcuff him... and wisk him away.

Several companies had video cameras with roving reporters interviewing the crowd. I'd have to saythat this young lady was the most successful. She had more that enough willing interviewees.

The first thing we noticed as we entered the main show room was that everything was dark. I guess they wanted t to look like a Hot Import Night for real. Most of the serious cars had lots of blinking lights and incredible stereo systems.

Also ran into LeMans and AuburnG of the G35Frenzy web site. They had their beautiful Copper 350Z in the show and it looked great. It was nice to meet them in person for the first time.

Found a spectacular Volkswagen at the show. The license plate folded down to reveal a DVD player. The keyboard and large LCD screen retracted by pressing a button under the rear hatch.

Of course he had the required number of LCD screens and gauges inside too.

Great paint job on this 350Z. Lots of work on that hood.

Lots of hot Toyota Supras...

There were also several other Hot Imports that seemed to come out in the night.

And finally, probably everyone there took the obligatory self portrait in this guy's rear view backup camera...

Unfortunately, there weren't many G35's at HIN. I think we counted about three. One of them was pretty nice with a full body kit. The OZOC guys brought a nice one too. I don't know who won.

It was a fun show. I'd recommend anyone serious about winning at HIN to invest in lights for sure. It was hard to see much on the cars without lights.

Last edited by _jb; 07-10-2006 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Fixed more mistakes...
Old 07-09-2006, 07:14 PM
vrsc
Florida G35 Club, General Member

JB, Great photo Would love to see more (especially the women). The show was pretty good but realy dark for great pictures. Mine came out pretty pathetic but I didn't have a large camera with a large flash. Keep them coming.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Down_Shift

I noticed not many G's in HIN this season.. It will probably change next season when they get cheap.

Btw, I didn't know I missed a whole year!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:58 PM
_jb

Originally Posted by Down_Shift
Btw, I didn't know I missed a whole year!
Hahahaha... Yea, I usually screw something up in the Title... Hopefully Ian will bale me out again...

Originally Posted by vrsc
JB, Great photo Would love to see more (especially the women). The show was pretty good but realy dark for great pictures. Mine came out pretty pathetic but I didn't have a large camera with a large flash. Keep them coming.
Yea, it was tough to get good pictures. I used my small Canon PowerShot, so I didn't have much flash power either. I took some without flash so you could see the LCD screens.

I did manage to get one other picture of the girl selling magazines... My camera went off by accident when she bent over... I don't think she'd mind my posting it this one time though...

This is Dan's dream car... plenty of bass...

I think this pickup truck was one of the featured vehicles. It was so low that the front hood mounts had to be trimmed for tire clearance. Verrrrrrry low. It also had a trick sound and video system. Seats were a bit uncomfortable, I'll bet.

I think they had the doors covered too.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:01 PM
driguez

damn that girl is hot!!! thanx for the pics
Old 07-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Finiti35
FGC South Florida BOD

Originally Posted by _jb
Yea, it was tough to get good pictures. I used my small Canon PowerShot, so I didn't have much flash power either.
You're kidding, right? If this is your "bad" camera, I can't possibly imagine what your 1D could do

Nice pics as always! Every HIN event has the same low lighting. The only way to get good pics at HIN is to get a wristband and be there before or after the show when the lights are on. I really wish I could have been there.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:01 PM
truplay8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats all the pics you took??? Ive been waiting for pics from the event since last nite!!!!! Models looked good, the orange vw cleaned up in Miami back in december also, the owner is some old asian guy
Old 07-09-2006, 09:27 PM
w0ady

sweet pics. jeremy and tanya are definitely awesome people and they sure have a sweet z. sadly tanya got rid of her g but it was only so they could get a tahoe for trailering the z lol.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Otacon132

kinda off topic - but i noticed they spelled infiniti wrong on their own site =\

http://www.hotimportnights.com/cars/awards.asp
Old 07-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Otacon132

started a thread in the pic's section, ill be posting many pics there:

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...83#post1265483
Old 07-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Gilley

All my pictures came out poorly too. I even used my Canon Rebel and a 420 flash set at 400 ISO. Maybe I don't know how to operate the Rebel and should have used my pocket camera.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:04 PM
cj350

Originally Posted by Gilley
All my pictures came out poorly too. I even used my Canon Rebel and a 420 flash set at 400 ISO. Maybe I don't know how to operate the Rebel and should have used my pocket camera.

Next time use a camera phone like mine OK
Old 07-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Jon913D
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

It was good seeing you guys - how long were you in that line?! I worked on the cars right as you walked in the main doors (red widebody supra, copper supra, ford gt, f430, lambo) among others. I think like 14 cars total in two days.... I got a few of my own pics I'll post up.

Oh and its Perfection Auto Detailing....
Old 07-10-2006, 08:36 PM
ferk

John and I were not in line to long. 30-40 minutes. They stopped selling tickets until they could let some people in at 5:00. There was plenty of entertainments while waiting. Good to see you and the cars you worked on looked great under the bright lights.

Good to see other club members inside. I learned a lot by walking and taking to the people at the show. I know what to expect next time.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Jon913D
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

A few shots I took before the show started. I have more, but I'll start off with the cars I detailed prior to the show in the "Titan" Section . *Now award winning*

Quick Reply: 2006 Hot Import Nights - Orlando - Pictures