Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review FI RHFC + Motordyne XYZ + Sport Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 09:32 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
FI RHFC + Motordyne XYZ + Sport Muffler

Over time I have added various new exhaust components to my car primarily to tune for better sound over stock.

Here are my car's breathing mods
Z1 intake manifold
Sport Muffler
Motordyne Resonated XYZ-pipe\
Fast Intentions Resonated High Flow Cats

So I just added the FI RHFCs and it is this mod that has moved me to write a review:

-The sound is intoxicating. Sounds exotic especially at low to mid RPMs

-My install was done by the dealership so I cannot speak to ease of installation but they gave no indication of any issues with the install aside from one bolt that needed to be tapped out because it broke. Fortunately you wont need those as you get new bolts from FI.

- Driving impressions: Because I already have breathing mods, there are obviously diminishing returns on the RHFCs. Nevertheless, I was still able to feel a slight difference. The car revs more freely and is more responsive to throttle input at lower RPMs. At higher RPMs it feels the same as prior to the install. (I will get a tune soon which should result in better gains)

- Back to the sound (because it's freakin' awesome!) .. To me this is the best feature of this mod (with my setup). There is zero drone (and I am extra sensitive to drone... I hate it with a passion).
When you engage and disengage the throttle however it barks, pops, and spits slightly (love that). Although louder than stock, its not annoying at all or overly intrusive. You hear it but it sounds like its outside the cabin (or perhaps in the trunk) not resonating inside of the cabin. From inside the car, to me, the decibel level sounds similar to a C63 AMG.

I'll see if I can post some sound clips soon.
I purchased these via the private classifieds from CallsyPump who bought them new and never installed them. he shipped them out the same day as purchased. When I got them they looked pristine and were nicely packaged. Great Seller!

I had to order gaskets directly from FI. Their customer service was great. For some reason, I couldn't order on their website so I called and spoke to Kevin at FI who assisted me and got the gaskets to me priority mail. Very friendly, easy to work with prompt and responsive.

I have dealt with Motordyne often and purchased various mods on different cars- IMHO they are one of the best vendors for our cars and make high quality products.

The Sport Exhaust is of course an accessory purchased through Infiniti so that should speak for itself- (quality is top notch as well).
Old 11-08-2016, 10:29 AM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
uggghhhh come on, sound clips lol
This definitely solidifies my plans of to add the RHFC and custom piping to my sport acc muffler
Old 11-08-2016, 02:27 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
lol... I'll get them soon... just got them put on yesterday evening then off to work today. I have a drive cam do I will download some drive clips too.

Drove out to lunch today and took the long way back to work ha!
Old 12-13-2016, 11:17 AM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
I know you sold the sport muffler but did you ever record an audio clip of this setup?
Old 05-22-2018, 10:48 PM
GP28
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replying to an old thread because I have the sport acc muffler and am looking to do the same setup for my exhaust. Did sound clips ever make it on the boards? Anyone else running this setup?