Review Fumoto Oil Drain Valve - Page 2 - MyG37

Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Old 03-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #16
Originally Posted by NW_6MT View Post
[left]Don't think I explained it very well. You pull off the clip (1 second) and lift and twist the lever 90 degrees (1.5 seconds). No tools, no mess, no oil on your hand as you're making that last few turns to remove the drain plug and trying to dodge the stream of hot oil.
lol ok cool, I get it now...interesting piece for sure, but FWIW not for me. I'm gonna stick with good ol'bolty McBoltface that's just me though...
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:05 PM   #17
Originally Posted by Genhero View Post
I installed a fumoto drain valve on my lancer a few years back. It hung below the engine crossmember which made it the lowest point to bottom out.
This is another consideration on our cars. Luckily the drain plug points to the side of the oil pan. I wouldn't put a Fumoto drain valve on a car that had a drain plug that pointed straight down unless it was very protected. After installing this, I thought about getting one for my F350 until I took a look at where it would sit. The oil pan isn't the lowest point (the cross member and some of the off road package skid plates being a bit lower), but it is very exposed. I don't aggressively off road or anything but I camp and hunt in some pretty off the grid places and often times ground clearance is at a premium.
Unfortunately on most cars the oil pan is already one of the lowest points.
NW_6MT is online now   Reply With Quote