Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review CPT Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 05:28 PM
G37Memo
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I bought mine through the Walmart online store, I ran into the same issues as already mentioned. I left the washer fluid reservoir off because I ran out of time (had to make a quick trip to CA), but I plan on fixing it soon enough. Also had to bend the horn bracket out the way too. I used to have some cheap eBay no brand SRI and the car ran worse, so went back to the stock box. So far performance wise I'm happy with this CAI, combined with the Manzo Y-Pipe and and exhaust system I'm super happy. Next is the Berk resonated test pipes which are being shipped to me soon.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:07 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Fitment of mine sucked terribly. The brackets were way off. I ended up cutting out the MAF housing and welding a 3" one in place. Was much better alignment wise after that since we were able to tweak it. The welds inside the original MAF housings were terrible so very glad I modified them. They actually gave me a 20% discount when I complained which was nice.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:31 PM
G37Memo
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 4doorfury
Fitment of mine sucked terribly. The brackets were way off. I ended up cutting out the MAF housing and welding a 3" one in place. Was much better alignment wise after that since we were able to tweak it. The welds inside the original MAF housings were terrible so very glad I modified them. They actually gave me a 20% discount when I complained which was nice.
Nice job man, at first I couldn't get anything to line up, got it as good as I could. I was thinking about cutting the pipe a few inches after the MAF and using rubber connectors to I can align the pipes at the bottom better.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:35 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Yea that would be the easiest solution plus it makes removal way easier
Old 01-01-2020, 06:07 PM
Jgrizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake

How did you fit the windshield washer fluid tank. I’m specifically referring to the tube that you put fluid in. The tank that I got was way off and couldn’t fit the tube. Also had to cut a hole on the bottom of the tank for the sensor to go into.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:49 PM
Superman_G37S
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No one answered this?? Just get a rubber heater hose, pvc pipe, or similar to lengthen the tube by I'd say an inch and your good.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:06 PM
GQ57s_stein
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old topic but oh well.. CPT intakes

don't worry radiator shroud coming back soon.

I want to start with thanks to the guys above and their mostly positive reviews I decided to get a pair of these..the install (yesterday) was pretty simple except I needed my own valve cover houses as the ones supplied were trash any way I messed up massively and bought too large of air filters for the allowed space so I ended up running the steel mesh filters 😭😭 just doing a test fit with them till the new similar size k&n filters arrive..so far the idle is stable going to let it run stock for a bit till I tune .. trying to locate a 2010 ECU btw. So far haven't got on it yet as the instructions say wait a week after doing normal driving to allow the ECU to adjust the map...will be giving another review soon after the break in period lol. I'm also running blox racing hydro shields to assist in filtration 🤣🤣
Old 04-05-2020, 08:34 PM
GQ57s_stein
Registered Member

Old topic but oh well.. CPT intakes part 2

so far so good guys in the power department it has went up...gas mileage not so sure I reset the mpg counter to see what's the difference...and Friday night l kept up with a tuned 370 like my headlights were at his bumper 🚀🚀 the other night and blew a Maserati out the water on the highway right before

💪💪
Old 04-06-2020, 10:40 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
Keep us updated on MPG. I know it's difficult to once an upgrade like this is performed however it's possible and it's for the sake of documentation.

Where in Florida are you located?
Old 04-11-2020, 02:00 AM
GQ57s_stein
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BULL
Keep us updated on MPG. I know it's difficult to once an upgrade like this is performed however it's possible and it's for the sake of documentation.

Where in Florida are you located?
Im down in fort Lauderdale.. right off I95 and sunrise..so far not bad actually ..I did mess up by not taking an intake temperature reading with the silicone hoses and compare to the cold air 🥴
Old 04-12-2020, 06:20 PM
Superman_G37S
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GQ57s_stein
Im down in fort Lauderdale.. right off I95 and sunrise..so far not bad actually ..I did mess up by not taking an intake temperature reading with the silicone hoses and compare to the cold air 🥴
Had another set that I did cut pipes as previously mentioned elsewhere on this post. Makes removal to work on other items in engine bay without removing whole front bumper. Car is sold now though

Pipes cut with couplings
The following users liked this post:
GQ57s_stein (04-14-2020)
Old 04-12-2020, 06:27 PM
Superman_G37S
Registered Member

The following users liked this post:
GQ57s_stein (04-14-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 01:56 PM
GQ57s_stein
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Superman_G37S
that's a cool idea ..I just did my plugs and all I did was take them off the throttle bodies ...cleaned them as well... also cleaned the maf sensors when I put the good filters on...I may go with the CPT hydro shields instead.... the blox seem too thin doesn't seem to be able to do it's job 🤦
.. your G looked fresh btw ..that hood dope 💪