Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Z1 400HP Package

Old 01-08-2018, 03:54 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DO THIS:

So after almost a year of trying to get my 400hp tune sorted with Z1 Motorsports, I finally have what I think is a reliable tune and just got refunded for the UpRev Data Cable they got back from me about two weeks ago. So glad that dumpster fire seems to finally be over. Phew! Here is to hoping the tune remains reliable (knocks on wood).
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 04:14 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DO THIS:

So after almost a year of trying to get my 400hp tune sorted with Z1 Motorsports, I finally have what I think is a reliable tune and just got refunded for the UpRev Data Cable they got back from me about two weeks ago. So glad that dumpster fire seems to finally be over. Phew! Here is to hoping the tune remains reliable (knocks on wood).
good to know. I too am due a refund. How long should I wait before filing a chargeback?
Old 01-08-2018, 07:00 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
good to know. I too am due a refund. How long should I wait before filing a chargeback?
Call and talk to Spencer. He is the only one who seems to follow up with anything there. Even then, you will still probably need to follow up with him to make sure he does it like I had to do with my refund.

My refund was the quickest part- 2 weeks. It's pretty sad that 2 weeks felt like only a second compared to how much time and how many calls it took to get the people at Z1 to do anything else.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:11 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Call and talk to Spencer. He is the only one who seems to follow up with anything there. Even then, you will still probably need to follow up with him to make sure he does it like I had to do with my refund.

My refund was the quickest part- 2 weeks. It's pretty sad that 2 weeks felt like only a second compared to how much time and how many calls it took to get the people at Z1 to do anything else.
thanks man. Was really looking forward to an E tune. Can you recommend anyone else that does Email tunes?
Old 01-08-2018, 08:22 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I would recommend doing a dyno tune at a good shop. Trust me, it will be worth it.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:01 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
4DRZ, any plans to dyno your car? I know you don't have a baseline, but I'm kinda curious to see what kind of power the 400 HP package puts down.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:33 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

No, unfortunately I don't have any plans to dyno it after the horrendous experience with Z1. Jon at Z1 tweaked it enough that it should be a legit 400 at the crank on 93 octane or roughly around 330 at the wheels.

All I can tell you is that it feels very healthy/powerful on the butt dyno. It feels quite a bit more powerful than a V8 M3 6spd. and that has 414hp, but still probably a bit less torque.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:24 PM
CWorksDesign
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
I made a up close and personal video of the package plus EPS Tuning throttle bodies

Enjoy

Subscribe

Next video is the tune from AdminTuning

The following 2 users liked this post by CWorksDesign:
Bommerang (01-03-2019), jpowersjr2 (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 05:22 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Looking forward to the next video!
Old 04-25-2019, 08:01 PM
RosaP-37S-G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
No, unfortunately I don't have any plans to dyno it after the horrendous experience with Z1. Jon at Z1 tweaked it enough that it should be a legit 400 at the crank on 93 octane or roughly around 330 at the wheels.

All I can tell you is that it feels very healthy/powerful on the butt dyno. It feels quite a bit more powerful than a V8 M3 6spd. and that has 414hp, but still probably a bit less torque.
I read through this whole thing and just felt for you man. Should never spend such a grand amount of cash just to be left with issues and unsatisfactory scenarios. Wish i could've lended my experience earlier. Moncef @ admin is by far the most responsive tuner/car person I've ever dealt with. And the remote tune on ecutek came out phenomenal. I hope your experience panned out for the best, but if not, I'd highly recommend Moncef based on experience. I came across this thread in my searches, as i am highly considered a few of the parts from the 400hp package. Upper and lower manifold, and headers. Anyway, again i hope you're enjoying your car these days as this thread is a little dated.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:40 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RosaP-37S-G
I read through this whole thing and just felt for you man. Should never spend such a grand amount of cash just to be left with issues and unsatisfactory scenarios. Wish i could've lended my experience earlier. Moncef @ admin is by far the most responsive tuner/car person I've ever dealt with. And the remote tune on ecutek came out phenomenal. I hope your experience panned out for the best, but if not, I'd highly recommend Moncef based on experience. I came across this thread in my searches, as i am highly considered a few of the parts from the 400hp package. Upper and lower manifold, and headers. Anyway, again i hope you're enjoying your car these days as this thread is a little dated.
Thanks. It is weird looking back as the tune has held solid once I finally got everything sorted, but what a hell of a process to get there. I have ordered a few more parts from Z1 since then and they have always been nice on the phone and I have gotten Jon a few times and he has been good, just don't do a remote tune with him. Maybe if you live in the area it is a better experience in person.

Search this Thread