Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust

I've been researching exhausts for a few months now and I finally decided to make a decision. I went with the extremely pricey Motordyne E370 Shockwave. I PM'ed each vendor that sells it, and JM Auto Sports ended up giving me the best price. There was an issue with the one he had in stock, so he had Motordyne ship me a brand new one directly from them. So customer service over there is pretty good.

Installation

I don't have a lift and I knew trying to do this exhaust alone would be a PITA so I brought it to the shop that does all the work on my G and they said it would be $150 for the install, which was very worth it to me. I helped with the install and everything came off and went on smoothly with the exception of one thing. As he was tightening one of the clamps, the bolt sheered clean off. When I looked at it, I could see it wasn't a really strong clamp, as it wasn't even tightened that much yet. He replaced it with a stronger, more expensive clamp, and left the factory one on the other side.

Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust-tvcjjyc.jpg

Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust-l4b5ivh.jpg
Broken Clamp

Sound:

Don't let anyone fool you and say this exhaust isn't loud. It SCREAMS at upper RPMs and it gurgles loudly down low. Past 3k it can be heard from 5 blocks away. I passed 3 cops on my way back from the shop and I found myself coasting past them in neutral and their heads still turned as I passed. It sounds like you're going a lot faster than you are when you're driving regularly, so I wouldn't be surprised if I got pulled over doing 35 in a 30 in 2nd gear.

Besides all the regular around town try-not-to-****-off-my-neighbors, the exhaust is unbelievable. It's one of the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard, and it's such a unique sound that I've never heard out of a G. Cracking it open on the highway puts a smile on my face like never before. It has a slight F1 scream to it past 5k and I'm extra excited to get in my car every time I drive it.

All-in-all, I wanted something loud and I knew what I was getting myself into when I ordered it. If the Meisterschaft was a cat-back and wasn't so expensive, I would've jumped all over it. But for sub $2,000, I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Performance:

I'm gonna be skeptical here and say that anything I feel performance-wise is a placebo. At most, I probably got 10 HP from it, which is hardly enough to make any difference. Like I said earlier, it FEELS like you're going a lot faster and accelerating harder because of the sound it makes. My heart beats way faster when I punch the gas now than with the stock exhaust. I didn't buy it for performance so it doesn't make much of a difference to me.

Now, here's what you've been waiting for...

Pictures:

Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust-4k09w0u.jpg

Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust-14jerft.jpg

Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust-suxpqgl.jpg

Video:

Last edited by Thirty_Seven; 08-14-2014 at 01:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (10-18-2015)
Old 08-14-2014, 01:22 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
F1 screams, awesome. Never considered motordyne because I'm not sure they make any exhaust for the sedan yet.

Also, video no worky.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
F1 screams, awesome. Never considered motordyne because I'm not sure they make any exhaust for the sedan yet.

Also, video no worky.
Yeah, they aren't too popular. ARK, Fast Intentions, and the like are much more popular, but I really like the sound it offers.

And thanks for the heads up, I fixed it.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Boobookaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the throaty sound. thanks for the vid
Old 09-14-2014, 04:09 PM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by Boobookaki
I love the throaty sound. thanks for the vid
No problem, thanks
Old 09-14-2014, 09:01 PM
iBRONXIE

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Did you pair it with any HFC's? Sounds beastly.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Darkstar752

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Nice review! I love my E370 too, frankly it's one of the best sounding exhausts I've ever heard. Adding ART pipes will make it sound the same from idle-3.5k, but it get even louder after that. It's insane.

Also, your differential bushing is ripped. You can see the fluid leaked down the differential. I'd recommend replacing that, you'll likely see a nice improvement
Old 09-18-2014, 10:03 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Love the sound!! Very nice!!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:48 PM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by iBRONXIE
Did you pair it with any HFC's? Sounds beastly.
No, stuck with the stock cats, and thanks.

Originally Posted by Darkstar752
Nice review! I love my E370 too, frankly it's one of the best sounding exhausts I've ever heard. Adding ART pipes will make it sound the same from idle-3.5k, but it get even louder after that. It's insane.

Also, your differential bushing is ripped. You can see the fluid leaked down the differential. I'd recommend replacing that, you'll likely see a nice improvement
I know, it's amazing. And good catch, I was so infatuated with the exhaust that I didn't even notice that. Thanks.

Originally Posted by HoldmyMouse
Love the sound!! Very nice!!
Thanks!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:00 AM
radguy88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a scale from 1-10 how loud is just the catback?
Old 10-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Mirza_G37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like your G is lowered? if so how low does this exhaust sit? am i gonna have to worry about scrapping at all?
Old 10-12-2014, 11:30 AM
conquistador
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
It hangs pretty low. I'd be concerned with scraping at every driveway and pothole. Sounds awesome either way

While you're fixing leak may as well swap gears
Old 10-12-2014, 08:00 PM
G37Some

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
@mirza im lowered ~1.2" and i'm fine 99% of the time. there is a crummy road near where i live and if i don't navigate the bumps right i hear it whack the ground and i die inside. but it is a really bad road with weird uneven bumps and stuff.

the lowest point is 2" from the ground with my lowering springs.

here is a soundclip btw

ART + E370 + g3's:

http://instagram.com/p/uEcZ-gjbzC/?modal=true
Old 02-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by radguy88
On a scale from 1-10 how loud is just the catback?
I'd say it's a high 8 or a 9. I've heard louder mustangs and vettes and stuff, but never anything like this from a G.

Originally Posted by Mirza_G37S
Looks like your G is lowered? if so how low does this exhaust sit? am i gonna have to worry about scrapping at all?
I'm on stock ride height and I scrape everywhere I go. I am in NY though so the roads are ****. I'm lowering on Eibachs next week and I'm pretty worried. If you get it, you're going to scrape, no avoiding it.

Originally Posted by conquistador
It hangs pretty low. I'd be concerned with scraping at every driveway and pothole. Sounds awesome either way

While you're fixing leak may as well swap gears
I'm already at 3K when I'm doing 65. I drive on the highway way too much for a swap haha.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Glover998

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Nice exhaust .. Have you ever wanted to replace your diff bushings ?!

Quick Reply: Review Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust