MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Intake and Exhaust (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-intake-and-exhaust-401/)
-   -   Review Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-intake-and-exhaust/260684-motordyne-shockwave-e370-exhaust.html)

Thirty_Seven 08-14-2014 01:15 PM

Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust

5 Attachment(s)
I've been researching exhausts for a few months now and I finally decided to make a decision. I went with the extremely pricey Motordyne E370 Shockwave. I PM'ed each vendor that sells it, and JM Auto Sports ended up giving me the best price. There was an issue with the one he had in stock, so he had Motordyne ship me a brand new one directly from them. So customer service over there is pretty good.

Installation

I don't have a lift and I knew trying to do this exhaust alone would be a PITA so I brought it to the shop that does all the work on my G and they said it would be $150 for the install, which was very worth it to me. I helped with the install and everything came off and went on smoothly with the exception of one thing. As he was tightening one of the clamps, the bolt sheered clean off. When I looked at it, I could see it wasn't a really strong clamp, as it wasn't even tightened that much yet. He replaced it with a stronger, more expensive clamp, and left the factory one on the other side.

Attachment 186809

Attachment 186810
Broken Clamp

Sound:

Don't let anyone fool you and say this exhaust isn't loud. It SCREAMS at upper RPMs and it gurgles loudly down low. Past 3k it can be heard from 5 blocks away. I passed 3 cops on my way back from the shop and I found myself coasting past them in neutral and their heads still turned as I passed. It sounds like you're going a lot faster than you are when you're driving regularly, so I wouldn't be surprised if I got pulled over doing 35 in a 30 in 2nd gear.

Besides all the regular around town try-not-to-piss-off-my-neighbors, the exhaust is unbelievable. It's one of the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard, and it's such a unique sound that I've never heard out of a G. Cracking it open on the highway puts a smile on my face like never before. It has a slight F1 scream to it past 5k and I'm extra excited to get in my car every time I drive it.

All-in-all, I wanted something loud and I knew what I was getting myself into when I ordered it. If the Meisterschaft was a cat-back and wasn't so expensive, I would've jumped all over it. But for sub $2,000, I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Performance:

I'm gonna be skeptical here and say that anything I feel performance-wise is a placebo. At most, I probably got 10 HP from it, which is hardly enough to make any difference. Like I said earlier, it FEELS like you're going a lot faster and accelerating harder because of the sound it makes. My heart beats way faster when I punch the gas now than with the stock exhaust. I didn't buy it for performance so it doesn't make much of a difference to me.

Now, here's what you've been waiting for...

Pictures:

Attachment 186811

Attachment 186812

Attachment 186813

Video:

AroundTheG37 08-14-2014 01:22 PM

F1 screams, awesome. Never considered motordyne because I'm not sure they make any exhaust for the sedan yet.

Also, video no worky.

Thirty_Seven 08-14-2014 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37 (Post 3812029)
F1 screams, awesome. Never considered motordyne because I'm not sure they make any exhaust for the sedan yet.

Also, video no worky.

Yeah, they aren't too popular. ARK, Fast Intentions, and the like are much more popular, but I really like the sound it offers.

And thanks for the heads up, I fixed it.

Boobookaki 08-31-2014 05:05 PM

I love the throaty sound. thanks for the vid

Thirty_Seven 09-14-2014 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Boobookaki (Post 3818445)
I love the throaty sound. thanks for the vid

No problem, thanks :D

iBRONXIE 09-14-2014 09:01 PM

Did you pair it with any HFC's? Sounds beastly.

Darkstar752 09-18-2014 09:06 PM

Nice review! I love my E370 too, frankly it's one of the best sounding exhausts I've ever heard. Adding ART pipes will make it sound the same from idle-3.5k, but it get even louder after that. It's insane.

Also, your differential bushing is ripped. You can see the fluid leaked down the differential. I'd recommend replacing that, you'll likely see a nice improvement :)

HoldmyMouse 09-18-2014 10:03 PM

Love the sound!! Very nice!!

Thirty_Seven 09-18-2014 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by iBRONXIE (Post 3823166)
Did you pair it with any HFC's? Sounds beastly.

No, stuck with the stock cats, and thanks.

Originally Posted by Darkstar752 (Post 3824713)
Nice review! I love my E370 too, frankly it's one of the best sounding exhausts I've ever heard. Adding ART pipes will make it sound the same from idle-3.5k, but it get even louder after that. It's insane.

Also, your differential bushing is ripped. You can see the fluid leaked down the differential. I'd recommend replacing that, you'll likely see a nice improvement :)

I know, it's amazing. And good catch, I was so infatuated with the exhaust that I didn't even notice that. Thanks.

Originally Posted by HoldmyMouse (Post 3824733)
Love the sound!! Very nice!!

Thanks!

radguy88 09-23-2014 12:00 AM

On a scale from 1-10 how loud is just the catback?

Mirza_G37S 10-08-2014 01:42 PM

Looks like your G is lowered? if so how low does this exhaust sit? am i gonna have to worry about scrapping at all?

conquistador 10-12-2014 11:30 AM

It hangs pretty low. I'd be concerned with scraping at every driveway and pothole. Sounds awesome either way:biggthumpup:

While you're fixing leak may as well swap gears:cool:

G37Some 10-12-2014 08:00 PM

@mirza im lowered ~1.2" and i'm fine 99% of the time. there is a crummy road near where i live and if i don't navigate the bumps right i hear it whack the ground and i die inside. but it is a really bad road with weird uneven bumps and stuff.

the lowest point is 2" from the ground with my lowering springs.

here is a soundclip btw :)

ART + E370 + g3's:

http://instagram.com/p/uEcZ-gjbzC/?modal=true

Thirty_Seven 02-01-2015 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by radguy88 (Post 3826052)
On a scale from 1-10 how loud is just the catback?

I'd say it's a high 8 or a 9. I've heard louder mustangs and vettes and stuff, but never anything like this from a G.

Originally Posted by Mirza_G37S (Post 3831834)
Looks like your G is lowered? if so how low does this exhaust sit? am i gonna have to worry about scrapping at all?

I'm on stock ride height and I scrape everywhere I go. I am in NY though so the roads are ****. I'm lowering on Eibachs next week and I'm pretty worried. If you get it, you're going to scrape, no avoiding it.

Originally Posted by conquistador (Post 3833229)
It hangs pretty low. I'd be concerned with scraping at every driveway and pothole. Sounds awesome either way:biggthumpup:

While you're fixing leak may as well swap gears:cool:

I'm already at 3K when I'm doing 65. I drive on the highway way too much for a swap haha.

Glover998 02-01-2015 08:27 PM

Nice exhaust .. Have you ever wanted to replace your diff bushings ?!