Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust

Old 02-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Glover998
Nice exhaust .. Have you ever wanted to replace your diff bushings ?!
Already replaced them. Just never cleaned all the stuff off.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:40 AM
veils1de

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks really nice. e370 would have been my first choice but i was afraid it was going to be too loud, so i went with ark (which turned out to be about as loud as i'd want an exhaust for a DD). i love the ark too but i think aesthetically, the tips on the motordyne look slightly better.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by veils1de
Looks really nice. e370 would have been my first choice but i was afraid it was going to be too loud, so i went with ark (which turned out to be about as loud as i'd want an exhaust for a DD). i love the ark too but i think aesthetically, the tips on the motordyne look slightly better.
That's funny because I'm not a huge fan of the E370 tips. They've grown on me but I hated them originally.

And it is quite loud but that's what I was looking for (even though it's my DD) so I'm happy with the noise.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:13 PM
GHOST2.2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reviving this thread for a sec!

how's the drone on this? I know it's a significantly louder exhaust compared to ark and fast intentions, but I've heard the drone is less on the motordyne e370. I'm bouncing from the370z and myg37 with endless amount of searches. but yours would be a good review because you're still using stock cats while most are using tp/hfc/art pipes. Much appreciated.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by GHOST2.2
reviving this thread for a sec!

how's the drone on this? I know it's a significantly louder exhaust compared to ark and fast intentions, but I've heard the drone is less on the motordyne e370. I'm bouncing from the370z and myg37 with endless amount of searches. but yours would be a good review because you're still using stock cats while most are using tp/hfc/art pipes. Much appreciated.

Well, it depends on your definition of drone. If drone to you is the whirring noise that irritates your ear (like that up and down noise) then no, there isn't any drone.

However, the exhaust is pretty loud inside the cabin on the highway. If you're cruising at 60 without using much throttle, you can't hear it at all. Anything above 65, you could pretty much always hear it. I've done 4+ hour roadtrips and it doesn't give me a headache or anything, and you can still hear a passenger and have a conversation very easily. I believe it's the best case scenario for such a loud exhaust.

I'm used to loud exhausts, I've had many straight-piped cars and stuff like that, so I may be a little jaded, but I really don't think it's too bad.
The following users liked this post:
GHOST2.2 (05-13-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 08:05 PM
GHOST2.2

Originally Posted by Thirty_Seven
Well, it depends on your definition of drone. If drone to you is the whirring noise that irritates your ear (like that up and down noise) then no, there isn't any drone.

However, the exhaust is pretty loud inside the cabin on the highway. If you're cruising at 60 without using much throttle, you can't hear it at all. Anything above 65, you could pretty much always hear it. I've done 4+ hour roadtrips and it doesn't give me a headache or anything, and you can still hear a passenger and have a conversation very easily. I believe it's the best case scenario for such a loud exhaust.

I'm used to loud exhausts, I've had many straight-piped cars and stuff like that, so I may be a little jaded, but I really don't think it's too bad.
i used to have an s2000 with a headerback exhaust by berk. That **** was unbelievably loud outside the car. And inside the car i can barely hold a conversation with a passenger. the cabin noise was too much. unless i was high in the rpm range. then again it was an s2000, car had no sound deadening material whatsoever.

What i was basically concerned about was to even have a decent conversation with my passenger while cruising streets/freeway.

Thank you sir!
Old 05-19-2015, 12:09 AM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by GHOST2.2
i used to have an s2000 with a headerback exhaust by berk. That **** was unbelievably loud outside the car. And inside the car i can barely hold a conversation with a passenger. the cabin noise was too much. unless i was high in the rpm range. then again it was an s2000, car had no sound deadening material whatsoever.

What i was basically concerned about was to even have a decent conversation with my passenger while cruising streets/freeway.

Thank you sir!
If that's your main concern and you're also used to loud exhausts then I think you'd be very happy with the Motordyne. Blasting through a tunnel with the windows down makes it all worth it.
The following users liked this post:
NickyP (05-19-2015)
Old 06-16-2015, 11:59 PM
ToXIc
Registered Member

Received 102 Likes on 79 Posts
Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust

Could the reason the VClamp broke was that the guy over tighten it? I'm installing mine this weekend and I'm afraid of the same results. Do you know if Motordyne have a recommended torque value?
Old 06-17-2015, 12:03 AM
Thirty_Seven

Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust

I totally think he over tightened it but I didn't want to call him out on it. He did say they were very weak factory clamps and I don't think there's a torque spec on them. Just be gentle.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:24 AM
ToXIc
Registered Member

Received 102 Likes on 79 Posts
thx man..
Old 06-20-2015, 09:07 AM
Scott B.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A buddy with g35 has this exhaust with art pipes and man I loved it...
Old 06-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by ToXIc
thx man..
No problem man, good luck with it.

Originally Posted by Scott B.
A buddy with g35 has this exhaust with art pipes and man I loved it...
Yeah I love it. I'm picking up a set of HFC's so it's about to be much louder haha.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:32 PM
Phenom6419
Registered Member

Would this exhaust fit a g37 coupe awd version? Really hope for some answers !
Old 10-15-2015, 11:33 PM
Thirty_Seven

Originally Posted by Phenom6419
Would this exhaust fit a g37 coupe awd version? Really hope for some answers !
Unfortunately no, this particular one is RWD only. Search around the forums for exhausts that will fit an AWD car.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:44 PM
Phenom6419
Registered Member

Thanks for the instant reply seriously. That is kind of upsetting because that exhaust is such a beast. Motordyne should have something like that because ARK's have a AWD version. Of course I would like Motordyne to have a version of that, but maybe in the near future.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review Motordyne Shockwave E370 Exhaust