Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Kinetix HFC's Install and review!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 01:29 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Man that looks great, well done! I see now what you mean about the diffuser pulling it all together, it really does.

Originally Posted by blnewt
That tail looks badas$ now, that diffuser looks perfect w/ that exhaust and the taillights look first rate.
Mike, remember, I can hook you up w/ the tail cutouts all you have to do is apply the paint and elbow grease and they'll come out just like Justins, Just do it
Brad, I may wind up asking for them as well. I like the light tint on mine but the more I see the GT-R tails the more I like them.
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (12-29-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 01:38 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Man that looks great, well done! I see now what you mean about the diffuser pulling it all together, it really does.

Brad, I may wind up asking for them as well. I like the light tint on mine but the more I see the GT-R tails the more I like them.
Just let me know Chris and I'll get 'em to you
Old 12-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

No don't do it Chris ! JK on your OB sedan all blacked out pretty much it might actually look pretty good
Old 12-29-2013, 02:30 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
No don't do it Chris ! JK on your OB sedan all blacked out pretty much it might actually look pretty good
That's kind if what I'm thinking Mike. I'm on the fence but I think I'm going to do it.

Now, where's our vid??
Old 12-29-2013, 02:48 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
These tail lights and the diffuser came off an OB sedan and I can tell you it looked SICK!

That's kind if what I'm thinking Mike. I'm on the fence but I think I'm going to do it.

Now, where's our vid??
I will have to try to figure another way to get the video up, guys. My phone isn't being very smart today. Sorry!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:29 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I think I got it. This is the best I could do with a cell phone all by my lonesome.
RexHavoc (12-29-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Thread reviews... THAT'S the way you do it. Fantastic read, OP.

K&N Typhoons, Tanabe (axel back?), Kinetix HFC, and it sounds fantastic as you pulled away from the camera. I'm jealous, man. But mostly I'm just happy for you, because this would make me happy, so I relate to where you're at.
warped ideas (12-29-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 04:03 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Sounds good Justin, I like it. I was looking hard at a Tanabe for awhile but decided I wasn't going to mod my sedan. That didn't last long...

What kind of tone difference are you noticing in the cabin? I'm getting a more pleasing growl in mine, I think you mentioned you were as well but wanted to confirm. Still the same thing with the rasp? Only until it warms up?
Old 12-29-2013, 04:07 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Thread reviews... THAT'S the way you do it. Fantastic read, OP.
Now that's high praise right there
Old 12-29-2013, 04:15 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Sounds good Justin, I like it. I was looking hard at a Tanabe for awhile but decided I wasn't going to mod my sedan. That didn't last long...

What kind of tone difference are you noticing in the cabin? I'm getting a more pleasing growl in mine, I think you mentioned you were as well but wanted to confirm. Still the same thing with the rasp? Only until it warms up?
Yes the tone in the cab is nice when cruising along but when I get into it a bit (or a lot) it's very loud.... NO RASP..... But it has a nasty rasp when it's cold. Go figure? I've tested this theory at least 7 times now and each time it's the same result. Cold pipes= RASP. Hot pipes sound so smooth.

I'm very glad you all enjoyed the original post. I tried to be as un-biased as possible so that it could maybe help people in making decisions on their vehicle.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:18 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
I think I got it. This is the best I could do with a cell phone all by my lonesome.
Sounds nice and deep, very powerful tone, thanks for the clip. You guys and all the HFC talk, I just can't get this mod out of my head. Rochester, might just have to creep into a Group Buy w/ you guys

Justin, glad nobody walked off w/ your phone, looks a little industrial around there
Old 12-29-2013, 04:22 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Sounds nice and deep, very powerful tone, thanks for the clip. You guys and all the HFC talk, I just can't get this mod out of my head. Rochester, might just have to creep into a Group Buy w/ you guys

Justin, glad nobody walked off w/ your phone, looks a little industrial around there
LOL Yeah, nobody to walk off with it here. My place of work is like a prison, nobody gets in or out without gate cards or pin numbers. + the security cameras are second to none. They literally could count your chin hairs from a football field away.....seriously.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:23 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Go for it Brad!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
You guys and all the HFC talk, I just can't get this mod out of my head. Rochester, might just have to creep into a Group Buy w/ you guys
Not me, man. My RHFC's are already on order, no group buy. If you want to start up a GB, just ask 1cleanG and get the ball rolling. He needs 5 resonated cat orders, for either the coupe or the sedan (doesn't matter which, even though they are different), and collected from both the G37 or 370Z community. So it should be pretty easy to shake the tree.

OP, your Tanabe exhaust... Is that the Medallion axel-back with OEM mid pipes, or a full aftermarket CBE?
Old 12-29-2013, 04:38 PM
aktif8

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
ahhh another thing I need to get ,my damn midnight tails -_- how much were they, maybe wanna get rid off of them by any chance?
180 doesn't offer them any more since they're "too much work."

I did them myself - they're totally doable as a diy. Iirc 180 charged about 400 bucks for them - nuts.

When we do our NJ meet - after I get that steering wheel on - I'll tell you more about how to do it!

Quick Reply: Kinetix HFC's Install and review!