Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Official FAST INTENTIONS Thread - Post Up Your Photos, Videos & Reviews!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:39 PM
Peter Jordan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I recently got the invidia gemini but i am choosing to go with the fast intentions because the invidia had a great tone but was too quiet. I have to stick with the stock cats im in cali

I drive a 7at g37 coupe. Should I go non-resonated or 12". I ordered the 12" because I dont want alot of drone but Im wondering if i should change it to non res to get more volume
Old 05-26-2019, 02:57 AM
jcbone
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm also wondering if I should go non-resonated or the 12'. Right now I just have a topspeed axleback exhaust and was hoping for around 20-30 percent increase in loudness and of course the power gains that come with it are going to be nice. Wondering the difference in volume is between the non-resonated and the 12" and if there is also any rasp if you go with the non-resonated.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:23 PM
Peter Jordan

Originally Posted by jcbone
I'm also wondering if I should go non-resonated or the 12'. Right now I just have a topspeed axleback exhaust and was hoping for around 20-30 percent increase in loudness and of course the power gains that come with it are going to be nice. Wondering the difference in volume is between the non-resonated and the 12" and if there is also any rasp if you go with the non-resonated.
I will have my non res In next week to let you know.

If you're going hfc or stock cat I would def go non res. It's not loud enough with my rhfc and 12"

Test pipe would be your call if how loud u want it
The following users liked this post:
jcbone (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 12:57 AM
jcbone
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Peter Jordan
I will have my non res In next week to let you know.

If you're going hfc or stock cat I would def go non res. It's not loud enough with my rhfc and 12"

Test pipe would be your call if how loud u want it
Thanks for your input appreciate it! Yea I'm just sticking with the stock cats. I don't want it to be obnoxious loud, just a little bit louder than what the Topspeed axleback I have on now.
Like I said, maybe 20-30 percent louder. I love the deep tone of the FI exhausts so I wouldn't want any rasp or too much drone either if that makes sense lol. That's kind of why I'm considering the 12 inch resonator as well. Thanks again for the info!
Old 05-28-2019, 09:59 PM
jcbone
Registered Member

Spoke with Lance at NextLevel Performance over the phone and he assured me that the non-resonated with stock cats would be the best sound as to what I was looking for.
Very knowledgeable and it was great speaking with him. Easy order process and Lance hooked it up with the 5 percent discount.
Now the anticipation begins, can't wait to get them and have them installed on my G37. Thanks again Lance!
Old 06-07-2019, 02:24 PM
Peter Jordan

I thought i'd share my experience after running different setups for the Fast intentions CBE & RHFC. Should help some people decide which resonated version to go with:

My First Setup
12" Resonated Fast Intentions SS Round Catback for G37 Coupe w/ Stock Cats:
On a scale 1-10 of loudness it started off at 6 then it got quieter to about a 4 after like 2 weeks of breaking it in. It was nice and deep, but left me wanting more when It broke in. As far as drone: the stock cats do a good job of muffling drone, and hissing. barely any

Second Setup
12" CBE + RHFC
I struggled to decide should I go with resonated HFC's or non resonated HFC's to increase the volume. I was scared of it being too quiet again. When I first got them put on: WOW much deeper, a bit more louder and a hissing turbo like noise on deceleration (love the VQ hiss!) It bumped it to a 7 / 10. It was perfect and I wanted to keep it the same volume, however it did get quieter over time to a 6 / 10. Which is good if you want a semi-agressive exhaust. Drone is still very manageable, only kicks in going up hills on freeway about a 4 or 5

Third Setup (Current Setup)
Non Resonated + RHFC
I was lucky enough to find a guy on the forums, that had a non resonated x pipe laying around and I just have to ship him my 12" x pipe. This is setup Lance is running on his 370z (
) I absolutely love the exhaust now, it bumped it to an 8.5 / 10 which is perfect loud for me (im in California) the resonators really do quiet the exhaust after removing 12" ontop of having the 8" from the RHFC. It is deeper and more aggressive tone, while being louder driving normally. Idle is a bit louder too The drone definitely increased big time only on hills on the freeway to like a 7.

My recommendation to people sticking with stock cats: go with the non resonated if you want to be heard (you still will not be even close to being obnoxious loud w/ stock cats), 12" for a more comfortable tame drive.

Edit 6/13/19:
after a week with it, the drone is way too much with a non resonated x-pipe and rhfc, going back to the 12" & rhfc lol im gonna miss the loud city driving and beastly idle
the drone was similar to this:

Last edited by Peter Jordan; 06-14-2019 at 01:28 AM.
jcbone (06-09-2019)
Old 06-09-2019, 02:09 AM
jcbone
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Peter Jordan
I thought i'd share my experience after running different setups for the Fast intentions CBE & RHFC. Should help some people decide which resonated version to go with:

My First Setup
12" Resonated Fast Intentions SS Round Catback for G37 Coupe w/ Stock Cats:
On a scale 1-10 of loudness it started off at 6 then it got quieter to about a 4 after like 2 weeks of breaking it in. It was nice and deep, but left me wanting more when It broke in. As far as drone: the stock cats do a good job of muffling drone, and hissing. barely any

Second Setup
12" CBE + RHFC
I struggled to decide should I go with resonated HFC's or non resonated HFC's to increase the volume. I was scared of it being too quiet again. When I first got them put on: WOW much deeper, a bit more louder and a hissing turbo like noise on deceleration (love the VQ hiss!) It bumped it to a 7 / 10. It was perfect and I wanted to keep it the same volume, however it did get quieter over time to a 6 / 10. Which is good if you want a semi-agressive exhaust. Drone is still very manageable, only kicks in going up hills on freeway about a 4 or 5

Third Setup (Current Setup)
Non Resonated + RHFC
I was lucky enough to find a guy on the forums, that had a non resonated x pipe laying around and I just have to ship him my 12" x pipe. This is setup Lance is running on his 370z (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QztxIHy5Kog) I absolutely love the exhaust now, it bumped it to an 8.5 / 10 which is perfect loud for me (im in California) the resonators really do quiet the exhaust after removing 12" ontop of having the 8" from the RHFC. It is deeper and more aggressive tone, while being louder driving normally. Idle is a bit louder too The drone definitely increased big time only on hills on the freeway to like a 7.

My recommendation to people sticking with stock cats: go with the non resonated if you want to be heard (you still will not be even close to being obnoxious loud w/ stock cats), 12" for a more comfortable tame drive.

If you cant handle any drone at all, go with 18" because the 12" drones a little bit.

Hope this helps people, i'm happy to answer any questions have. I love the exhaust and the craftmanship / sound is way above any other exhaust for our whip
Awesome write up man, appreciate all the information! I'm definitely glad I ordered the non-resonated CBE as I'm sticking with the stock cats for now.
Your review seems like it would be the perfect amount of sound without being obnoxiously loud. As long as there is no rasp and it still keeps the deep tone I'm all in
Don't mind a lil bit of drone...that's kinda part of the deal when you're getting an after market exhaust that you want to hear when you smash the pedal anyways.
Thanks again for your reviews of all the setups, great info! Can't wait to get mine
Old 12-05-2019, 12:24 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Keep this review thread going!
Old 12-08-2019, 02:01 AM
BLKNPRL11
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Installed my fi rhfc today

So i got my fi rhfc installed today and the only other mod i have is a tanabe axle back. I can say its not noticeable in the cabin but a soon i rolled down the window and wot i can hear a lil something jajaja but i mean its not loud but sounds better than before with just my axle back. And i took it for a spin at night time i can defenetly hear a nice tone.oh and no cel so thats a plus

Thanks, to Next Level Performance
1cleanG (01-20-2021)
Old 12-30-2019, 01:19 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 449 Likes on 377 Posts
Just got around to installing my FI RHFC and resonated catback that arrived in May. (2013 Sedan 6MT). Nice fit and finish, everything lined up, even tips, no problems getting flanges to mate. I did get the Z1 better header-cat and cat-spipe gaskets. No Check engine codes yet... sounds great. Exotic even. Dat burble!

I need it to be dry here for a couple of days to get video. Right now all you'd hear is wheelspin or hop.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:16 PM
Knightjs
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Going to go against the grain and say I'm not impressed yet. FI HFC, 12" resonated catback on 2011 sedan. 6 spd. Coming from stock cats, stock y pipe and Topspeed y back. It's now deeper at idle but alot more drone in my daily driving. Nowhere near as loud as the Topspeed. I was expecting alot more from the HFC. Even lost the burble and pop. I have a hill I come down in first gear that used to sound badass with the pops and burble. Now just normal exhaust.sound. Definitely lost some low end grunt that requires a little more throttle. Mid feels good. Gonna have to see if it grows on me I guess.
Old 05-02-2021, 10:02 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
ROLE CALL FOR ALL FAST INTENTIONS OWNERS, lets see them!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2021, 11:59 AM
Knightjs
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Developed internal rattle

As the title says. Had a rattle for a few days. Got out this morning and checked all bolts and they're tight. Moved to the passenger side muffler where the noise comes from. The internal perforated core is loose. 😳 I can grab the tip and push/pull sideways while watching the core move inside the muffler. If I tap the tip with my hand it produces the rattle. All external welds are good, no dents or scrapes anywhere. Just coming apart internally. Not good. Definitely not happy.
Old 08-07-2021, 05:31 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 449 Likes on 377 Posts
How long have you had the exhaust? Curious if this is right after install, or if you've had for a few years. I'm going on 1.5 years with no issues, but anything manufactured can have a defect. Have you called FI yet about a warranty fix?
Old 08-11-2021, 02:14 AM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
So why don't you call and talk to Kevin at FI and see if there is something they can do

Originally Posted by Knightjs
As the title says. Had a rattle for a few days. Got out this morning and checked all bolts and they're tight. Moved to the passenger side muffler where the noise comes from. The internal perforated core is loose. 😳 I can grab the tip and push/pull sideways while watching the core move inside the muffler. If I tap the tip with my hand it produces the rattle. All external welds are good, no dents or scrapes anywhere. Just coming apart internally. Not good. Definitely not happy.

Quick Reply: Review Official FAST INTENTIONS Thread - Post Up Your Photos, Videos & Reviews!!