Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Official FAST INTENTIONS Thread - Post Up Your Photos, Videos & Reviews!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 04:28 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cant wait to get mine, getting the Traditional with the new X pipe and 18" resonator, was going to get the round canister muffler, but ended up getting the other one instead, has a real elegant OEM look!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:47 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Lets see more photos and reviews of some sexy FI setups!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:39 PM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 748 Likes on 356 Posts
This one's for you, Lance.

I first ordered my Fast Intentions Exhaust in April, I put my money up front and settled in to wait. Tony at FI does great work, but his shop is relatively low volume, so I had to be patient. While I was waiting, I decided to also buy a set of FI HFC's (non resonated) and have them all ship at the same time. Lance and Tony were more than accommodating and agreed to bundle it up.

Everything shipped out just like it was supposed to, and I got them in the mail, very well wrapped and just gleaming.

Official FAST INTENTIONS Thread - Post Up Your Photos, Videos & Reviews!!-exhaust-4.jpg

I laid it all out to inspect it and found everything flawless. That weekend, I DIY'ed an install (yes it is possible) in my parking garage and started it up. I don't think I've ever been as pleased than I was after a brutal 8 hour install for the cats and catback. Every second of claustrophobic horror that I had to go through to get this settled and bolted in was worth it after hearing the difference in exhaust note. I didn't even care about performance, I was happy with just the sound.

I decided to wait until I put the rest of the breather mods on before I took it in for a tune, and in the mean time I enjoyed driving it. The VQ hiss (which I happen to like very much) is quite evident, and the rumble is perfect, in my opinion. It's not so loud that people shout "DOUCHE!" at you, but it definitely has a commanding presence.

Official FAST INTENTIONS Thread - Post Up Your Photos, Videos & Reviews!!-exhaust-1.jpg

Dyno results with the FI full exhaust + stillen Gen 3's + M370 intake manifold is a whopping 320hp. Test pipes would boost that even more.

Official FAST INTENTIONS Thread - Post Up Your Photos, Videos & Reviews!!-exhaust-2.jpg

All in all, I'm a Fast Intentions fan, I've been convinced, the hype is deserved, the quality speaks for itself, and the customer service is outstanding.

Official FAST INTENTIONS Thread - Post Up Your Photos, Videos & Reviews!!-exhaust-3.jpg

Last edited by GoFightNguyen; 10-28-2013 at 04:49 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GoFightNguyen:
1cleanG (10-28-2013), FastIntentions (11-13-2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Lets see more photos and reviews of some sexy FI setups!
I would except mine hasn't shipped yet
Old 10-28-2013, 10:12 PM
darryl865
SoCal Driven

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Having owned multiple exhaust setups that include ARK, HKS, Invidia, and MXP, I can say with 100% confidence that Fast Intentions is my favorite exhaust setup by far!! I was a little hesitant at first with the 10-12 week build time just cause I didn't want to wait, but I'm glad Lance talked me into waiting. It has definitely been worth it.

For my FI exhaust, I decided to go with the SS option with 12" resonators and upgraded X-pipe.

After a long search, I believe I have found an exhaust setup that I am finally happy with. What I really love about FI is that in the lower RPM when daily driving, the deep rumble and aggressive sound is very much present. However, get on the throttle, and its an ear to ear grin. Compared to any previous exhaust setups I had, FI by far takes the cake.

Most notably, the deep tone and sheer sound of this exhaust exceeds that of the before mentioned exhausts I've had by far. Now every morning I wake up looking forward to starting the car and warming her up just to hear the sound of the exhaust while I go back in the house.

Power wise, I didn't feel much of a difference compared to my MXP exhaust. However, the sound differences between the 2 are on another level. I'd also like to add that as I was unwrapping the exhaust, the first thing I noticed were the very nice welds. The people over at FI definitely know what they're doing and over all feel of the exhaust screams quality.

I haven't been able to take any quality pictures or videos since it has been pouring for the majority of the day here but will do so soon! I want to thank Lance, Tony, and everyone else at Fast Intentions! Thanks for a sweet exhaust
The following 2 users liked this post by darryl865:
1cleanG (10-28-2013), FastIntentions (11-13-2013)
Old 10-31-2013, 10:48 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Couple pulls
1. 3500 RPMs
2. WOT

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QztxIHy5Kog?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

COLD START

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bqFNgooTrds?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-03-2013, 09:11 PM
supadice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Couple pulls
1. 3500 RPMs
2. WOT

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QztxIHy5Kog?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

COLD START

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bqFNgooTrds?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I have the exact same exhaust setup with CF canisters and non res mid pipe and in just installed the RHFC yesterday. On start up and and before its warmed up i hear some hissing from the cats is that normal, and also on WOT. but the rest of the sound is great. They only have 80 miles on the will the rasp die down once its broken in . I have this setup on my 2011 g
Old 11-04-2013, 07:11 PM
supadice

I have the exact same exhaust setup with CF canisters and non res mid pipe and in just installed the RHFC yesterday. On start up and and before its warmed up i hear some hissing from the cats is that normal, and also on WOT. but the rest of the sound is great. They only have 80 miles on the will the rasp die down once its broken in. The rasp really is the hiss i believe from the car thats always there but now its more pronounced and there while i accelerate I have this setup on my 2011 g
Old 11-04-2013, 07:47 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
I have the HFC and the exhaust w/ the stillen SC.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:01 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by supadice
I have the exact same exhaust setup with CF canisters and non res mid pipe and in just installed the RHFC yesterday. On start up and and before its warmed up i hear some hissing from the cats is that normal, and also on WOT. but the rest of the sound is great. They only have 80 miles on the will the rasp die down once its broken in. The rasp really is the hiss i believe from the car thats always there but now its more pronounced and there while i accelerate I have this setup on my 2011 g
There definitely should NOT be a hiss during acceleration, let alone WOT. I highly suggest your installation connections, it sounds like you have an exhaust leak.

The only time you should hear any "hiss" is the famous VQ hiss during deceleration.

As for rasp? You should have ZERO rasp if you're running this exact setup. The G exhaust system is longer then the Z exhaust since the car itself is longer. This causes the exhaust to be not as loud as the Z.

Who installed your setup? Does not sound like its been installed correctly.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:04 AM
supadice

I got it installed at a reputable shop called Real Auto Dynamics. I checked if i had a leak and it didn't seem that I did. All of sound coming out the exhaust is great, the hiss is more from the front of the car. I will check the connection from the cats to the headers again, and post a vid when i can
Old 11-05-2013, 01:03 PM
supadice

sorry for the quick ****ty clip...but as you can hear from the back its great and you can't hear what i'm really talking about. This is Fast Intentions RHFC with full cat back non resonated mid pipe CF mufflers

Fast Intentions RHFC with CF non resonated exhaust - YouTube
Old 11-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Kuda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I got it installed at a reputable shop called Real Auto Dynamics. I checked if i had a leak and it didn't seem that I did. All of sound coming out the exhaust is great, the hiss is more from the front of the car. I will check the connection from the cats to the headers again, and post a vid when i can

I had the exact same sound during acceleration.. I went and had a smoke test done and there was a leak at the flange xpipe to small pipe before before the rhfc. called Tony and he sent me 2 gaskets.. they arrived today..
I sent him a clip of the sound it was making and he said either a leak or the resonator went bad.. getting it fixed tomorrow!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:29 PM
supadice

Originally Posted by Kuda

I had the exact same sound during acceleration.. I went and had a smoke test done and there was a leak at the flange xpipe to small pipe before before the rhfc. called Tony and he sent me 2 gaskets.. they arrived today..
I sent him a clip of the sound it was making and he said either a leak or the resonator went bad.. getting it fixed tomorrow!
was the sound at hard acceleration cuz thats when mine happens
Old 11-05-2013, 09:10 PM
supadice

G37 clip - YouTube

you can hear the noise in this clip...it's the same pitch as the deceleration hiss

Quick Reply: Review Official FAST INTENTIONS Thread - Post Up Your Photos, Videos & Reviews!!