Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Fast Intentions Resonated High Flow Cat

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Paneraiguy

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009G37Bandit
Paneraiguy.

I really like your POSTS man. You nail it right on the money, every time. Concise, great real life info. Love it.

I am ready to pull the trigger on a CBE and some HFC's. Trying to figure this out. I am a Commercial Banker (who gives a %^&*), but just saying, this is my work car and don't want to sound like a rice box, but do want it to scream when I get on it..............

I am interested in the feedback and elaboration on #4.

"I don't like that they don't have bolt tabs to reuse the factory brace.( I may have a local shop weld some on and install the factory brace)"

I haven't looked under the car so I don't know what he's talking about, but is this an issue (souinds like there IS a rattle at idle???). If so, would love to solve it BEFORE I install it, or while it is being installed. Welding (or something similar) to support the CBE better could be a solution? Again, I haven't looked so I don't know exactly what I am talking about, just speaking in generalities.

The Bandit......................

Regarding what I was saying about the factory brace. I was just thinking to have an exhaust shop weld a tab to the CATS so the stock brace can be bolted back up.

To me I would think this would lessen the stress (over the long term) on the exhaust flex joints and also mitigate some low frequency vibration that feeds into the cabin when sitting at a stoplight. Now this vibration (not an exhaust rattle) doesn't occur every time I am sitting at idle but I bring it up because it wasn't there prior to the install. Sometimes there is no vibration but when there is, it is subtle so take my comments with a grain of salt.

The bottom line here folks is that the RHFC did add additional punch along with filling in the slight hole in the low end torque (left by my intake and CBE). It does amplify the exhaust note but I would much rather have it amplify an exhaust note I already enjoy than have it add a loud and raspy note.

I think the combination of my Gen 3 intake, ARK CBE and FI RHFC should serve as a good mod base for an UPREV Osiris tune.

Last edited by Paneraiguy; 08-07-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:28 PM
godzilla619
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
DJ in the House! Thanks for a thoughful and well written response. I also use my car for work as a DD, BUT, do want it to scream (and be quiet when I want it to be, lik ewhen I'm highway crusing at 70 MPH in the 2K RPM range.

Does anyone offer the specific size gaskets (for purchase), and would they be useful for connecting the Cats to the exhaust manifold connection?

I'm looking at the ARK Grip, or possibly the newest Motordyne Exhaust (IF, they offer a Motordyne CBE for a Sedan, no one has confirmed they do yet. Just need to call them to get this answered).

It sounds liek as of now, I am looking at the ARK Grip CBE (Stainless Tips. Not sure the burnt tips or the crazy colored blue/red tinted one would look goon on a Black Sedan?)

t5hen I just need to figure out which HFC to get?

The resonated one is an option, but I have learned from experience to always go one more than you want, because after you get it, you always wished you had a little more. maybe I can get a FI HFC that are NOT resonated. I might call Fast Intentions to have a talk with them to get their opinion on what to get after I tell them what sound I am after.

Thanks agian and any more comments are appreciated!

The Bandit.............
mrgasket has some options online for the gaskets. Like i said i had kinetix hfc, which are 200 cell count, some of the highest flowing cats made. It made my car pretty loud with the same supporting mods you are talking of getting. Didn't mind it at the time, but after 2 years it got to be a little too loud for my tastes.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:50 PM
dnieto82

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Perfectly said.... I will try to find a a muffler shop to weld me some brackets or I'll just go to an Autopart store and do it my self with universal muffler mounts or something..

Last edited by dnieto82; 08-07-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Paneraiguy

So after four days of having the RHFC on my car the tone has started to mellow back down to the original ARK Grip CBE note. I am really starting to enjoy this. The engine cylinders unleash an authoritative howl of protest when I floor it. Conversely, the engine sound has started to mellow when cruising anywhere from 1.5k to 2k on the tach.

When they were installed this past weekend the exhaust note was louder than I wanted at most RPMs but now it seems to be settling in.

What hasn't mellowed is the noticeable increase in acceleration at WOT.

Last edited by Paneraiguy; 08-08-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:55 PM
2009G37Bandit

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad it's working out for you. let me ask you a question please. Is the ARK Grip exhaust without HFC's , still loud? Is it necasarry to add HFC's to get a good sound? Just asking, becuase I know it's better to do at the same time, but I wonder if i shoudl get the ARK by itself, first. Then determine if I think I want more volume?

I understand there is an added performance element (HP/TQ) with the HFC's, but not a dramatic one, so most people get them to make it sound better? I mean the majority of us are not geting our CBE's to pickup power, Although I wish that was the case and a CBE added 50 HP.

We all get CBE's because we want the car to sound better and be more fun to drive, the added HP/TQ, albiet very small, is still noticeable and worth it to most. If it is back down to, or near the original ARK exhaust Note, what is the HFC's for? The HP/TQ gains.

How many of you had a CBE first, then added HFC's and felt a dramatic difference in the SOTP (seat of the pants) acceleration and Torque? Just curious, not knocking HFC's at ALL, In fact, I likley will get them, but just want to know how much of an impact they make. I assume non resonated will be much louder. I actually want louder, I think?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Paneraiguy

Glad it's working out for you. let me ask you a question please. Is the ARK Grip exhaust without HFC's , still loud? Is it necasarry to add HFC's to get a good sound? Just asking, becuase I know it's better to do at the same time, but I wonder if i shoudl get the ARK by itself, first. Then determine if I think I want more volume?

I understand there is an added performance element (HP/TQ) with the HFC's, but not a dramatic one, so most people get them to make it sound better? I mean the majority of us are not geting our CBE's to pickup power, Although I wish that was the case and a CBE added 50 HP.

We all get CBE's because we want the car to sound better and be more fun to drive, the added HP/TQ, albiet very small, is still noticeable and worth it to most. If it is back down to, or near the original ARK exhaust Note, what is the HFC's for? The HP/TQ gains.

How many of you had a CBE first, then added HFC's and felt a dramatic difference in the SOTP (seat of the pants) acceleration and Torque? Just curious, not knocking HFC's at ALL, In fact, I likley will get them, but just want to know how much of an impact they make. I assume non resonated will be much louder. I actually want louder, I think?

Thanks
The ARK grip is the optimal combination of high end throaty sound at WOT and refined if not nearly stock sounds at highway cruising speeds. However, this is something that fits my taste as I am sure there a plenty who think it's not loud enough.

I would say get the CBE first then decide if it's enough for your taste. If you want MOAR ROAR then add a set of standard HFCs. If you want the acceleration benefits with basically (or close to the same ) exhaust volume then get a set of RHFC.

It would seem the best we can do with bolt ons (without going FI) is intake, CBE, HFC (headers if you want to drop that much $$$ for minimal hp) and a tune to make them all work correctly.

With that in mind, my guess is we can net another ballpark figure of 30HP for a retail price of around $3K ($500 intake' $1200 CBE, $600ish RHFC, $600 ish for a tune).

The 3k figure will vary based on how much of bargain hunter you are.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:23 AM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Fast intention just order 500 crunch gaskets which is 1000x better.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Paneraiguy

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
So will they be sent to those who recently ordered or are they available to buy from them now?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Paneraiguy
So will they be sent to those who recently ordered or are they available to buy from them now?
+1 on wanting actual gaskets, but what a PITA it would be to install them...
Old 08-09-2012, 10:49 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Paneraiguy
5. I have some low frequency vibration when at idol ( nothing bad just noticeable). I think installing the brace would remedy some of that but not sure.
Originally Posted by dnieto82
I also installed over the weekend and I have been driving my car all day. I did noticed vibration from the exhaust as it idleling or if I'm driving and the cars rpm drops down to 2000 rpm and I could hear it. I need to add this sock brace as well. Im not happy with the noise. Also I noticed it sound like when I rave it an d drop down to low rpms I hear this small vibrations type from the exhaust x pipe only when I let go of the gas... Any one have the same? I'm running manga flow CBE.
^^replying to these "vibrations" and "rattles".

Question: Did you have a shop install your cats???

Request: can you guys check to make sure all of your nuts/bolts are tight, and to make sure the exhausts you have are not rubbing on your sway bars?

Thanks, let me know!

Thanks
I personally had just the SS catback first before adding Gen3's and pairing it with RHFCs.

Even before getting involved with FI, I first chose their SS catback with 18" resonators because I #1, I didn't want it to be too loud, and #2, LOVED the look of the SS on a OB car. If I had any other color car, probably would have done CF canisters.

After running just the catback for over a year, I wanted the extra power gains of HFCs and a BIT more sound, but WITHOUT the rasp/drone and obnoxious loudness. After doing a ton of research, I elected the RHFCs, and have never looked back! The RHFCs did everything I wanted. I noticed IMMEDIATE gains, and the exhaust got not only a little bit louder, but deeper and meaner sounded. You just cannot go wrong w/ this product, its a COMPLETE win!

Its never been such a great feeling representing a product/company that I couldn't possibly have any higher of respect for. The craftsmanship, the quality of welds/bends not to mention the countless hours of R&D that's gone into it. You couldn't ask for anything else from an company.

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Originally Posted by Paneraiuy
The gaskets, please stay tuned. Will be clarification on this. Its going to be an all out break through and the first and only on the market to produce them.

Last edited by 1cleanG; 08-09-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Paneraiguy

1cleang:

All out breakthrough on gaskets for my FI RHFC ?

Please put my down for a set of gaskets now ! PM me with the cost and I will send the money if needed.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Happy Sexy Friday Everyone! A local customer ordered this, juuuust arrived Wednesday!

Name:  IMG952173.jpg
Views: 3256
Size:  86.5 KB
Old 08-12-2012, 03:35 PM
2009G37Bandit

Cool. Now my only question (If I get HFC's) is Fast Intentions RHFC's OR, the New Ark HFC's?

I am sure the ARK will match up perfectly with the ARK CBE. But, I wonder which one sounds meaner?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 PM
2009G37Bandit

Just found out, or READ! That the New Ark Performane High Flow Cats only fit a Manual Transmission Car!

Mine is a 2009 G37 RWD Sedan with a 7 Speed Automatic Transmission, so I guess ARK HFC's are OUT!
Old 08-13-2012, 07:53 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Cool. Now my only question (If I get HFC's) is Fast Intentions RHFC's OR, the New Ark HFC's?

I am sure the ARK will match up perfectly with the ARK CBE. But, I wonder which one sounds meaner?
Just found out, or READ! That the New Ark Performane High Flow Cats only fit a Manual Transmission Car!

Mine is a 2009 G37 RWD Sedan with a 7 Speed Automatic Transmission, so I guess ARK HFC's are OUT!
Let me know when you're ready to order. Fast Intentions RHFCs will match up with any catback perfectly.

Quick Reply: Review Fast Intentions Resonated High Flow Cat