MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Intake and Exhaust (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-intake-and-exhaust-401/)
-   -   Review Stillen CAI Generation 3 Thoughts, Dyno, and Vid with Berk HFC & FI Carbon Exhaust (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-intake-and-exhaust/186583-stillen-cai-generation-3-thoughts-dyno-and-vid-with-berk-hfc-and-fi-carbon-exhaust.html)

Carlitos_SS 10-29-2008 06:02 PM

BTW... didn't part of this Stillen testing include using a bone stock car? Do we have those results, yet? Just wondering...

'Los

AZg37 10-29-2008 06:25 PM

when modding a NA car vs. a F.I. car mods will produce different gains, that part is correct. In the case of our cars, and the gains of a modded set-up vs. a stock setup, you will gain more hp from this intake on an unmodded car. The reason for this is when the car is stock, it isn't as efficient as it could be, the flow of the intake and exhaust is not perfectly designed. All parts that we install are designed for stock set-up's, and the gains listed by manufactures are reflecting an un-modded car. You can only increase the efficiency and flow of our cars to a certain point. When I installed my HFC's, I saw a significant gain in HP, but the cat-back and headers gains were less then advertised because I installed them on a modded car, with the exhaust flow already altered. You cannot stack HP gains from manufactures, that would not be accurate. If you read exhaust gives you 15hp, HFC give you 15, intake gives you 15, and headers give you 10, installing these will not give you 55hp. You'll probably see closer to 35 to 40hp, because the parts have less of an impact when installed in conjunction with other performance parts that change our cars chemistry.

Carlitos_SS 10-29-2008 06:40 PM

I was wondering if there would be a difference in NA vs FI, but I had already posted... :p :D

'Los

KAHBOOM 11-01-2008 09:52 AM

Excellent write up... It's good to see gains accross the RPM range.

NJlakeshoreG 11-01-2008 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by AZg37 (Post 2447191)
when modding a NA car vs. a F.I. car mods will produce different gains, that part is correct. In the case of our cars, and the gains of a modded set-up vs. a stock setup, you will gain more hp from this intake on an unmodded car. The reason for this is when the car is stock, it isn't as efficient as it could be, the flow of the intake and exhaust is not perfectly designed. All parts that we install are designed for stock set-up's, and the gains listed by manufactures are reflecting an un-modded car. You can only increase the efficiency and flow of our cars to a certain point. When I installed my HFC's, I saw a significant gain in HP, but the cat-back and headers gains were less then advertised because I installed them on a modded car, with the exhaust flow already altered. You cannot stack HP gains from manufactures, that would not be accurate. If you read exhaust gives you 15hp, HFC give you 15, intake gives you 15, and headers give you 10, installing these will not give you 55hp. You'll probably see closer to 35 to 40hp, because the parts have less of an impact when installed in conjunction with other performance parts that change our cars chemistry.

well put!!!!

tlon19 11-01-2008 03:58 PM

now if u get tuned u will get numbers like me =]

bboysteele 11-03-2008 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by tlon19 (Post 2449539)
now if u get tuned u will get numbers like me =]

Did you ever post your dyno sheet? Not trying to be mean but I have seen some crappy tunes from Technosquare. The tunes were what the customer wanted but they were bad tunes none the less. Lots of power on the top end but a huge loss on the bottom end.

christian655321 11-03-2008 01:13 PM

nice to know it makes power for sure.

it did feel stronger as I experienced also.

for all of you that are doing the upgrade from v2 to v3 - you will receive a stillen credit - not a credit refund on your credit card. Found this out yesterday. It was explained to me differently when I placed my order but I am okay with it. Just an FYI for the rest of you.

VONYC 02-03-2009 11:45 AM

i know this is an old thread but i didnt want to start a new one .. i have a quick question .. i have a FI exahust .. if i throw in the FI HFC will i lose low end ? or lose anything for that matter?

thanks

heff 03-11-2009 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by VONYC (Post 2538370)
i know this is an old thread but i didnt want to start a new one .. i have a quick question .. i have a FI exahust .. if i throw in the FI HFC will i lose low end ? or lose anything for that matter?

thanks

i wana know the same thing! ANY VIDS OUT THERE OF THIS???

cvt 03-11-2009 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by bboysteele (Post 2450322)
but I have seen some crappy tunes from Technosquare.

can you show me a link? Technosquare has been one of the best VQ tuners around...

xorbitman 03-21-2014 01:33 PM

That's what I call "RICER" math when the civic kids add all the gains from the aftermarket parts and think it's a linear thing....LOL!

Sway_NV 08-03-2015 10:44 PM

Great review. Can't wait to get mine installed.

jfisher 08-23-2015 09:32 PM

I don't mean to be a negative nancy, but maybe I'm looking at a different graph than everyone else. This system doesn't pickup much more than a couple whp under the curve and even loses power in some areas. The only gains are from 6500 - 7500rpm. If anyone thinks they can "feel the power" the dyno proves otherwise. I can think of a lot better ways to spend $560.