MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-309/)
-   -   G37 7AT Transmission fluid change (https://www.myg37.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction/292976-g37-7at-transmission-fluid-change.html)

AbeG37vq 06-08-2019 01:58 AM

G37 7AT Transmission fluid change

Is it possible to do a transmission fluid change without requiring to take to a shop? I've been thinking of doing it on my own to save a few bucks. I do know that only Matic S fluid should go back in and nothing else. How long does this take to do at home? Is there any relearning involved?

Said Amir 06-08-2019 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by AbeG37vq (Post 4244870)
Is it possible to do a transmission fluid change without requiring to take to a shop? I've been thinking of doing it on my own to save a few bucks. I do know that only Matic S fluid should go back in and nothing else. How long does this take to do at home? Is there any relearning involved?

If you search on the forum their is a member that did a DIY on it and also their is a person who did a video on it on YouTube. Yes you can do it at home, and no relearning involved. How long does it take? Well it various on how you do it. For example some drain the fluid, then refill the amount that came out, drive it for a few minutes and do it a couple of more times in the same day. Then some will drain it, and refill it, and then do it again in a few days. Their is a more depth in the filling up procedure I’m just giving the basic.

AbeG37vq 06-08-2019 02:16 AM

Thanks Said Amir. I will attempt this on my own then, fairly soon.

Said Amir 06-08-2019 02:18 AM

AbeG37vq 06-08-2019 02:21 AM

Will adding an additive to the transmission prolong the life of the transmission? The Infiniti dealership near me will only do a transmission flush plus that additive.

Said Amir 06-08-2019 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by AbeG37vq (Post 4244875)
Will adding an additive to the transmission prolong the life of the transmission? The Infiniti dealership near me will only do a transmission flush plus that additive.

Not to sure maybe someone in the forum can add into that, and you don’t want to do a flush or it will push crap inside the transmission into other areas that it does not belong which will cause you to have a problem down the line.

blnewt 06-08-2019 08:13 AM

Here's our site DIY, I've done this along with many others here, works well & dropping the pan, cleaning the buildup and the magnets is a good plan, especially if your mileage is 70k or more.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...rop-clean.html

AbeG37vq 06-24-2019 09:43 PM

Thanks everyone. I feel like I'm finally gaining the courage to replace the AT fluid myself. There is one question I keep going back to and that is, does Infiniti REALLY recommend adding an additive to the transmission to make it last longer? This keeps playing in my head because the dealer only wanted to a flush and add an additive to the transmission, recommended by Infiniti, supposedly. I'm not sure that I believe 'adding the additive' part to prolong the transmission since I hear that adding stuff to the transmission other than MATIC S will destroy the transmission. I plan on keeping my G37 for a good while (4 years +) and I want to avoid ANYTHING that will shorten the life of the transmission.

Said Amir 06-25-2019 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by AbeG37vq (Post 4246623)
Thanks everyone. I feel like I'm finally gaining the courage to replace the AT fluid myself. There is one question I keep going back to and that is, does Infiniti REALLY recommend adding an additive to the transmission to make it last longer? This keeps playing in my head because the dealer only wanted to a flush and add an additive to the transmission, recommended by Infiniti, supposedly. I'm not sure that I believe 'adding the additive' part to prolong the transmission since I hear that adding stuff to the transmission other than MATIC S will destroy the transmission. I plan on keeping my G37 for a good while (4 years +) and I want to avoid ANYTHING that will shorten the life of the transmission.

Don’t put any additive just tranny fluid.